Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Religious Debates & Threads

The crash survivor "miracle"

(1/6) > >>

Howard:

I knew of this survivor and he was badly hurt in the crash and walked with a permanent limp.
He wasn't shy about talking of the accident and claimed it was "proof" that GOD worked miracles.

Considering what he'd been thru, I never challenged him on his miracle assertions.

BUT, I often wonder, why does it take a tragic and often painful disaster to prove GOD's miracles?
*Wouldn't a better miracle be moving him out of harms way and AVOIDING the crash?

Man of Steel:
Some folks have to be completely broken before they acknowledge the work of God in their lives or their need for the work of God in their lives.

So often people say, "I was at my lowest and I looked up to God and he restored me."

Nothing wrong with that, but I myself have had 1 foot in the grave....hours from death......and what I found is that Christ is the rock.....our foundation.

When I was at my lowest I was completely broken and dying and I didn't need to look up to Jesus in that moment because he met at rock bottom and restored and revived me.

I wish I wasn't so stubborn, but the Lord allowed me to broken so that in my healing he would be glorified and then I could be developed to become his instrument to reach the broken.

I give all glory to God!!

God Bless,
MOS

IroNat:

--- Quote from: Howard on May 07, 2019, 06:35:37 AM ---I was training at my gym in a rural town 20 years ago. On a wall near the front door, they
had a blown up picture of a horribly smashed semi-truck cab.
Under it was a brief story of how one of gym members survied this crash due a mircale of GOD.

I knew of this survivor and he was badly hurt in the crash and walked with a permanent limp.
He wasn't shy about talking of the accident and claimed it was "proof" that GOD worked miracles.

Considering what he'd been thru, I never challenged him on his miracle assertions.
 Sometimes, you need to shut up and be polite. Besides, the guy had been thru enough.
He didn't need some douchebag like me questioning his experience. WTF, he wasn't trying to sell me a book on it LOL.

BUT, I often wonder, why does it take a tragic and often painful disaster to prove GOD's miracles?
*Wouldn't a better miracle be moving him out of harms way and AVOIDING the crash?

A few faithful Christains have told me, that GOD needs to show us "miracles" by allowing the initial tragedy.
If that truck diver wasn't smashed to near death, how can we know a miracle occured?

Ok, so GOD alimighty is some cold hearted dick that needs to crash people to prove his miracles?
I think NOT.

--- End quote ---

It's a coping mechanism.  

Human beings as a rule must find meaning, they must find reasons for things happening.  Humans look for patterns.  

The reality, as Bhuddists believe, is that there is no meaning.  Things just "are". You get hit by lightning.  You get in a car accident.  You get cancer.  You win the lottery.

There is no grand plan.  Shit just happens.

For most people this is not acceptable and would cause depression so they believe in sky wizards.

IroNat:

--- Quote from: Howard on May 08, 2019, 11:17:45 AM ---Maybe?  ???
I see no harm in using FAITH as a coping mechanism.
That's a lot better then drugs or booze.

Like you, I don't think an omnipotent GOD gets involves with every detail of human life.
I think we all live within the physical laws that govern our universe , like gravity.

For me , merely gazing in awe and wonder at the stars on  clear night is why I believe in GOD.
"Something" had to create it and in my humble view I call it GOD.

--- End quote ---

That's cool.

As long as no human sacrifices, jihads, or other weird and harmful practices are involved.

IroNat:

--- Quote from: Howard on May 09, 2019, 07:58:24 AM ---Bingo!

That's the real key to religious diversity.

In fact, religeous types start to lose me when they claim that I'm going to spend enternity in hell.
Ok, so I don't belive YOUR religeous dogma and GOD will eternally sentence me to burn and suffer?
Sounds more like a cult dominated with a fear based belief.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version