Author Topic: Joel Olsteen packets 4 million from Covid relief for small businesses  (Read 8705 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
https://wgntv.com/news/joel-osteen-criticized-after-his-houston-megachurch-receives-4-4-million-ppp-loan/

How much will this church that doesn't pay taxes get this time I wonder?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
Re: Joel Olsteen packets 4 million from Covid relief for small businesses
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 04:12:46 AM »
Man of God.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 01:40:25 PM »
Religious houses are businesses and should be taxed as such.

This guy creeps me out.

My ex-GF used to watch his show on Sunday mornings, there is something very off about the guy. Not sure how people can follow his non-sense anymore.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 03:54:51 PM »
Religious houses are businesses and should be taxed as such.

This guy creeps me out.

My ex-GF used to watch his show on Sunday mornings, there is something very off about the guy. Not sure how people can follow his non-sense anymore.

It's not just him.  It's any and all of them fuckers.  Absolutely, they should be taxed.  All of them. 

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 01:50:21 PM »
It's not just him.  It's any and all of them fuckers.  Absolutely, they should be taxed.  All of them.

Agreed.

There is a TON of money in religion.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 10:16:33 AM »
Should all non profits be taxed as well?

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 04:32:45 PM »
Should all non profits be taxed as well?

I'm not sure.  But my gut says no, all non profits should not be taxed.  I'm no expert in this field but I think non profits have to go public with their records.  Not sure churches have the same accountability. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 02:28:03 AM »
I'm not sure.  But my gut says no, all non profits should not be taxed.  I'm no expert in this field but I think non profits have to go public with their records.  Not sure churches have the same accountability.
Churches don't pay tax on their increase but Joel Osteen and any other pastor is required to pay on the income they are given by the church.  Any employee of the church pays tax just like anyone at a private or public company.  I don't think most people on here realize that.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2021, 12:05:48 AM »
Churches don't pay tax on their increase but Joel Osteen and any other pastor is required to pay on the income they are given by the church.  Any employee of the church pays tax just like anyone at a private or public company.  I don't think most people on here realize that.

That's an interesting point. But having a little experience will an LLC I can imagine there are a million ways to funnel the income to Joel and avoid additional taxes.. Expense accounts etc..

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2021, 02:31:05 AM »
That's an interesting point. But having a little experience will an LLC I can imagine there are a million ways to funnel the income to Joel and avoid additional taxes.. Expense accounts etc..
He can probably lease a car through the church and the church could own the house as well.  The problem is that the board of directors could vote him out and he would have nothing.  I'm sure he gets audited every year as well.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2021, 01:07:53 PM »
Osteen is a vile piece of shit.  May Covid take him.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2021, 06:06:15 PM »
These are Holy Men.

Show some respect.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2021, 11:15:42 AM »
Osteen is a vile piece of shit.  May Covid take him.
Osteen isn't over 80 so as long as he doesn't get the vaccine he should be fine.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2021, 09:43:27 PM »
Osteen isn't over 80 so as long as he doesn't get the vaccine he should be fine.

Well then, let us pray he gets the Covid via vaccination.  Fuck that false profit.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2021, 04:58:57 AM »
Well then, let us pray he gets the Covid via vaccination.  Fuck that false profit.
I don't think he has ever said he was a prophet.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2021, 05:02:48 PM »
I don't think he has ever said he was a prophet.

Did I spell it that way?  Nope.  There are a great many "name it and claim it" charlatans out there and he's just the biggest turd in the toilet right now.  The Nazarene spoke against such creatures.  He called them "whited sepulchers".  The Nazarene was right.  Again.  Be well.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2021, 05:21:36 PM »
Did I spell it that way?  Nope.  There are a great many "name it and claim it" charlatans out there and he's just the biggest turd in the toilet right now.  The Nazarene spoke against such creatures.  He called them "whited sepulchers".  The Nazarene was right.  Again.  Be well.

why because he's a motivational speaker who gives people hope?

better a guy plays baseball/football/basketball contributes nothing and makes 10x as much as Osteen?

better some shitty investment banker who scams money, insider trading makes billions for his banker friends?

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2021, 08:18:15 PM »

better a guy plays baseball/football/basketball contributes nothing and makes 10x as much as Osteen?

better some shitty investment banker who scams money, insider trading makes billions for his banker friends?

Actually, I loath sports.  As for being a "motivational speaker" that gives people "hope"?  Nope.  He is a charlatan that TAKES peoples money and gives them "hope on a rope".

Fuck That Noise. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2021, 09:47:24 AM »

Great point.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2021, 02:18:52 PM »

He's a snake oil salesmen.

But you're correct, people need hope and that is what religion is primarily for. People need to be happy and not live in fear. Not fear death. Believe in Heaven.

My mom watches Joel's show and likes the guy. But growing up in Houston you learn about all the backdoor "behind the scenes" deals he's gotten away with. It's almost like he is being protected from prosecution.

There is no doubt in my mind that people are given a great sense of hope and happiness from listening to his ramblings.

He's not much different from the email/phone scam artists in Jamaica that rip people off.

But at the end of the day i could care less if people believe in him and his words.

His books are very odd, he does not stick to the bible, he's making up his own version.

I see him as a cult leader and rightfully so.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2021, 07:12:20 PM »
Here's to Osteen, may he Covid Up and crap out.  False ministers are a pox on the world and deserve derision and mocking.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2021, 10:33:18 PM »
Here's to Osteen, may he Covid Up and crap out.  False ministers are a pox on the world and deserve derision and mocking.

He might be a piece of shit and is more than likely a latent homosexual but I don't have any sympathy for the morons who send him and other clowns of this ilk their money.  Fuck them.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2021, 03:59:51 AM »
If you guys think Osteen is a crook, you should check out Dr. Mike Murdock.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2021, 03:05:35 PM »

I wish death on very few people, but if he died in a fiery car crash, i'd probably laugh.

He might be a piece of shit and is more than likely a latent homosexual but I don't have any sympathy for the morons who send him and other clowns of this ilk their money.  Fuck them.

Neither do i, i have a lot of disdain for religious people. But as long as they leave me alone, it's all good. Him and his cult followers go all around Houston sticking fliers and bible versus in your face in public. It's a shame i can't just throat punch them. ;D

Indeed. A lot of people connected to Joel have some pretty bad history, but they have never been able to connect it directly to Joel.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2021, 06:05:54 PM »

or Tony Robbins, or Robert Kyosaki, or Suzie Orman or Gary Vaynerchuk, or Byron Katie or Dave Ramsey or Grant Cardone...etc...etc....e tc..

Why the hate for Osteen... they are all freakin' scammy crooks