Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Religious Debates & Threads

Jesus did NOT die on the cross: what Islam gets RIGHT about Christianity.

<< < (2/5) > >>

Phantom Spunker:

--- Quote from: AbrahamG on April 12, 2022, 03:27:46 PM ---I credit Jesus personally for bringing me to Allah.  The joy I felt when I found out that he did not suffer and die needlessly was so overwhelming that save for watching my son come into this world I've never shed more tears of joy.

--- End quote ---

To be honest, Abe, that's how I feel too. I posted a few months ago about some important research documenting that Jesus got a serious raping, but some anonymous rape-shamer deleted it. However, I'm glad someone as meek and gentle as Jesus didn't get emasculated in that way. True, some poor disciple had to massively take one for the team instead, but rather him than JC.

--- Quote from: IroNat on April 14, 2022, 10:11:10 AM ---All nonsense.

--- End quote ---

IroNat, brother, I used to think like you. I know the cold skepticism of atheists. I was one. If you couldn't empirically demonstrate something to me, then it wasn't real. But let me ask you this: is love not real? I'd argue that it is. We cannot easily point to something as evidence of its existence, and yet it drives all that we do. Ever since I entered that mosque and asked for Allah to guide me, I have been overcome with a sense of love and purpose that I've never felt before. Remember this:

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye

AbrahamG:

--- Quote from: Phantom Spunker on April 14, 2022, 11:30:58 PM ---To be honest, Abe, that's how I feel too. I posted a few months ago about some important research documenting that Jesus got a serious raping, but some anonymous rape-shamer deleted it. However, I'm glad someone as meek and gentle as Jesus didn't get emasculated in that way. True, some poor disciple had to massively take one for the team instead, but rather him than JC.

IroNat, brother, I used to think like you. I know the cold skepticism of atheists. I was one. If you couldn't empirically demonstrate something to me, then it wasn't real. But let me ask you this: is love not real? I'd argue that it is. We cannot easily point to something as evidence of its existence, and yet it drives all that we do. Ever since I entered that mosque and asked for Allah to guide me, I have been overcome with a sense of love and purpose that I've never felt before. Remember this:

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye

--- End quote ---

I'd like to think that justice was served and the disciple who took one for the team was Judas aka the traitor.  The important thing is that Jesus wasn't harmed and will be among us soon.  Insha'allah!

Teutonic Knight:

--- Quote from: AbrahamG on April 15, 2022, 12:18:01 AM ---

The important thing is that Jesus wasn't harmed and will be among us soon. 

--- End quote ---

HI WIGGS, how SOON  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Humble Narcissist:
Jesus Christ as a man never existed.

Agnostic007:

--- Quote from: Humble Narcissist on June 18, 2022, 12:06:47 PM ---Jesus Christ as a man never existed.

--- End quote ---

As much as it pains me to say this, secular scholars are of the mind that there is not enough evidence to discount he existed.. though of course the stories of his miracles can be discounted due to lack of support

I say this after extensive research for myself as a Christian way back in the 1990's. I can safely say the miracles reported in the bible have zero support, but the fact a man named Jesus, brother of James, is mentioned in secular writings leads me to believe it is more likely he eixisted. I can give you the supporting books upon request

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version