Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 753086 times)

Flexacon

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #8125 on: October 12, 2021, 11:59:59 AM »
Haha, you guys are delusional.  Who on Getbig has cashed out their craptocurrency and made millions?  Not one person.

I cashed out with x40 my original investment. Went back "all in" and increased it by 40%. I don't work any more btw because I don't need to. I also live in one of the most expensive cities in the world, so you do the maths.. I'll add to that I actually got into crypto pretty late and missed the most profitable years.

Few months back there was maybe 5 pages of bickering on if this type of strategy was the best way of doing things or not.

I'm still debating how big I'll go back in (if at all) If you want I'll tell you what to buy and when. I'll throw in a guarantee that if you lose money I'll cover your losses up to $1k and any profit we split 50/50

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #8126 on: October 12, 2021, 12:19:46 PM »
I cashed out with x40 my original investment. Went back "all in" and increased it by 40%. I don't work any more btw because I don't need to. I also live in one of the most expensive cities in the world, so you do the maths.. I'll add to that I actually got into crypto pretty late and missed the most profitable years.

Few months back there was maybe 5 pages of bickering on if this type of strategy was the best way of doing things or not.

I'm still debating how big I'll go back in (if at all) If you want I'll tell you what to buy and when. I'll throw in a guarantee that if you lose money I'll cover your losses up to $1k and any profit we split 50/50

I'd like to see this.  Don't need losses covered or anything.

I passed on ETH at 1700 (posted on it here) and that screwed me up.  I figured it would dip again, but now I'm unsure...I just hate buying near a high.
Y

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8127 on: October 12, 2021, 01:10:55 PM »
I'd like to see this.  Don't need losses covered or anything.

I passed on ETH at 1700 (posted on it here) and that screwed me up.  I figured it would dip again, but now I'm unsure...I just hate buying near a high.

Buy and Hodl  ;D

I'm waiting for the current BTC dump to play out. Ideally it will be slow and take a couple of weeks and then I'll buy some alts.

If BTC bounces straight back up in a big way then it's also time to buy alts as it's unlikely you'll get them much cheaper before a cycle top.

Just remember a month ago ETH was at 4k and BTC was at 53k. Yesterday ETH was 3.6K and BTC 58K. Bitcoin has pumped ETH (and most Alts) haven't. 

Basically next BTC bull run = buy ALTs.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #8128 on: October 12, 2021, 01:18:37 PM »
Buy and Hodl  ;D

I'm waiting for the current BTC dump to play out. Ideally it will be slow and take a couple of weeks and then I'll buy some alts.

If BTC bounces straight back up in a big way then it's also time to buy alts as it's unlikely you'll get them much cheaper before a cycle top.

Just remember a month ago ETH was at 4k and BTC was at 53k. Yesterday ETH was 3.6K and BTC 58K. Bitcoin has pumped ETH (and most Alts) haven't. 

Which Alts, or just diversify?
Y

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8129 on: October 12, 2021, 02:32:45 PM »

Absolutely.

BTC is overextended at the moment and a pullback to 44k-48k range is on the cards.

Timewise my window guide for a pullback was 11th-15th Oct.

BTC to 130k early next year, ETH 12k, alts parabolic.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8130 on: October 13, 2021, 06:53:15 AM »
Which Alts, or just diversify?

Go with whatever coins you like and are comfortable holding long term. Buy in with the mentally that catching a new cycle top and taking some easy profit as a nice bonus if it happens, but long term holding is the default.

IMO crypto is close to ripping and going on bull run to a new cycle peak. The only thing that could potentially hold it back is a huge financial crash.

S&P 500 could drop up to 50% from its peak over the next few months. I've shorted it and plan on going long crypto (alts). That's my hedge. The retard in me is also hoping both plays come off simultaneously.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #8131 on: October 13, 2021, 07:04:44 AM »
Go with whatever coins you like and are comfortable holding long term. Buy in with the mentally that catching a new cycle top and taking some easy profit as a nice bonus if it happens, but long term holding is the default.

IMO crypto is close to ripping and going on bull run to a new cycle peak. The only thing that could potentially hold it back is a huge financial crash.

S&P 500 could drop up to 50% from its peak over the next few months. I've shorted it and plan on going long crypto (alts). That's my hedge. The retard in me is also hoping both plays come off simultaneously.

Thanks man.

I thought (maybe incorrectly) that the alt coins were mostly pump and dump, driven by youtube video hype and whatnot, and that holding would be counter to that.

Guess I have to research a bit more.
Y

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8132 on: October 14, 2021, 08:26:35 AM »
I've said it many times - stack sats. Hodl. That's all you need to do.

Imagine if Mr Anabolic had done this, as opposed to all his incessant FUD nonsense since we first started discussing this topic...

Any one who has no coins now -  you still have a chance to become a one-coiner, which in the future will be a major social distinguisher for generations to come (much like an English Lord who happened to have property passed down via generations over the last 600+ years).

If you believe BTC will, over time, keep increasing in value in fiat money (or put another way, if you believe fiat money will keep being printed and debased relative to the fixed supply of Sats) then you better acquire Sats now, and the more the better, and then just hodl.

We are about to see 1 Billion indians adopt. Watch this space next few years - as usual you heard it from me first.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8133 on: October 14, 2021, 09:24:15 PM »
Mayday's house in the country once ETH hits 20k.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8134 on: October 14, 2021, 11:15:50 PM »
Mayday's house in the country once ETH hits 20k.

LoL my car days are done my friend.

Honestly people at shops treat shitters with more respect. I used to live in the bankers belt, nice cars, nice people, lots of wealth. I swear it’s the worst treated car spot in the country.

To reference back to crypto I’m pondering this sharemarket chart which suggests a very large correction early-mid 2022. If that proves to be correct then it needs a trigger which could be crypto as Burry predicts. So while I still think a 130k is likely, if for some reason things go spastic and we hit a 200k-300k we might sees dramatic pullback with contagion into the sharemarket.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Bitcoins about to hit $5000 per coin today.
« Reply #8135 on: October 15, 2021, 02:17:29 AM »

Bitcoin devotees always revert to the "you don't understand it" line.  Yes, I DO understand it perfectly, this is why I would never buy it. 

Regarding gold and silver:  Silver has much more upside potential at it's current price.  I own lots of both.

:-[

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Bitcoins about to hit $5000 per coin today.
« Reply #8136 on: October 15, 2021, 02:23:43 AM »

Gold and silver (a historical storage of wealth, value and it maintains your purchasing power) is very, very undervalued (priced in dollars) at this point in time.

It's a no brainer... gold and silver (especially) are THE asset to be holding at this point in time.  There is no other place to go right now...

:-[

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8137 on: October 15, 2021, 02:29:25 AM »
Mr Anabolic...

Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away
It's so unreal
Didn't look out below
Watch the time go right out the window
Tryin' to hold on, you didn't even know
Wasted it all just to watch you go
Kept everything inside and even though I tried
It all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually
Be a memory of a time when I tried so hard

I tried so hard and got so far
But in the end it doesn't even matter

One thing, I don't know why
It doesn't even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind, I designed this rhyme
To remind myself how I tried so hard
In spite of the way you were mockin' me
Acting like I was part of your property
Remembering all the times you fought with me
I'm surprised it got so far
Things aren't the way they were before
You wouldn't even recognize me anymore
Not that you knew me back then
But it all comes back to you in the end
You kept everything inside and even though I tried
It all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually
Be a memory of a time when I tried so hard ...

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8138 on: October 15, 2021, 03:04:31 AM »
Haha, you guys are delusional.  Who on Getbig has cashed out their craptocurrency and made millions?  Not one person.

I think I have answered this for you several times over the past few years, and you seem not to have listened to me.

So, again ...I know a number of people who have indeed sold, and converted to Sats cash. Some have sold BTC in the over million USD range over short periods of time (the reason being dollar cost averaging), Tesla sold over 100m in one pop a while back, remember?

I know numerous exchanges which will allow up to 10m USD to be "cashed out" in a single day (with the money actually being sent to a specified bank account) for accredited customers.

I also personally know a person who sold a house entirely for BTC (approx USD 500K at that time), when BTC was around the 35K mark...

You still seem to fail to accept reality. Skepticism is a useful quality to have, until is becomes harmful by making you closed-minded and obstinate. Do not let what happened to Mr Anabolic happen to you. You still have the possibility of becoming a whole-coiner in reach. Don't blow it. Its all laid out for you in this thread my lion friend.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #8139 on: October 15, 2021, 03:23:54 AM »
I think I have answered this for you several times over the past few years, and you seem not to have listened to me.

So, again ...I know a number of people who have indeed sold, and converted to Sats cash. Some have sold BTC in the over million USD range over short periods of time (the reason being dollar cost averaging), Tesla sold over 100m in one pop a while back, remember?

I know numerous exchanges which will allow up to 10m USD to be "cashed out" in a single day (with the money actually being sent to a specified bank account) for accredited customers.

I also personally know a person who sold a house entirely for BTC (approx USD 500K at that time), when BTC was around the 35K mark...

You still seem to fail to accept reality. Skepticism is a useful quality to have, until is becomes harmful by making you closed-minded and obstinate. Do not let what happened to Mr Anabolic happen to you. You still have the possibility of becoming a whole-coiner in reach. Don't blow it. Its all laid out for you in this thread my lion friend.
So, you know people who have sold and made loads of actual money but you haven't?  That seems to be the way it is with everyone.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #8140 on: October 15, 2021, 04:23:47 AM »
btc $ 59,439.67 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #8141 on: October 15, 2021, 06:09:31 AM »
So, you know people who have sold and made loads of actual money but you haven't?  That seems to be the way it is with everyone.

What a fool I am for holding on for this long!

I should have listened to investment geniuses like this guy ^^ and sold at 5k or 10k and "made boat loads of money"   ::)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #8142 on: October 15, 2021, 06:59:24 AM »
Gentlemen,

Let's put aside BITCOIN for a minute and instead begin to speculate as to which cryptocurrencies will lead the way into the Metaverse.

There's a lot of talk on Wall Street at the present moment regarding which cryptos are wise investments for this.

"1"

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #8143 on: October 15, 2021, 07:34:21 AM »
Gentlemen,

Let's put aside BITCOIN for a minute and instead begin to speculate as to which cryptocurrencies will lead the way into the Metaverse.

There's a lot of talk on Wall Street at the present moment regarding which cryptos are wise investments for this.

"1"

Keep an eye out for Marathon Digital Holdings(stock symbol MARA) and Hut 8 Mining Corp (stock symbol HUT). The first is based in the United States and the latter in Canada.

In the famous analogy of the mining rushes of the mid-1800s, Bitcoin is the gold but I suspect we will see more and more people investing into the "picks and shovels" sphere. Digital mining companies give you this sort of exposure. Plus these are 2 of the biggest in their respective countries so you also get that blue chip pedigree.

Both of these companies give you that PLUS they hold, rather than sell, the vast majority of the Bitcoin they mine, which is a BRILLIANT business move.

I put in a significant buy on both not too long ago and I expect both to be extremely profitable for years and years to come.

Just put those 2 companies in your mental rolodex.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #8144 on: October 15, 2021, 09:17:27 AM »
Keep an eye out for Marathon Digital Holdings(stock symbol MARA) and Hut 8 Mining Corp (stock symbol HUT). The first is based in the United States and the latter in Canada.

In the famous analogy of the mining rushes of the mid-1800s, Bitcoin is the gold but I suspect we will see more and more people investing into the "picks and shovels" sphere. Digital mining companies give you this sort of exposure. Plus these are 2 of the biggest in their respective countries so you also get that blue chip pedigree.

Both of these companies give you that PLUS they hold, rather than sell, the vast majority of the Bitcoin they mine, which is a BRILLIANT business move.

I put in a significant buy on both not too long ago and I expect both to be extremely profitable for years and years to come.

Just put those 2 companies in your mental rolodex.

I'll look into both. There has been mention of inclusion into the Metaverse? There are some like Axie Infinity, but I prefer lower barriers to entry via price point.

"1"

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8145 on: October 15, 2021, 10:20:58 PM »
Mr A, it warms my heart that after calling Bitcoin a bubble/ponzi scheme and advising people NOT TO BUY back in November 13, 2013, 05:1:42 PM when BTC was $381 per coin (and continuously like a broken record since then), that you are now expressing the view that Bitcoin will go higher and that we are not at the peak yet. What a turn around! We are making some good progress with you.

However, what you have done is the equivalent of making a kind of "half apology". If you are wrong, just man up, admit it, like JP Morgan, one of the world's most respected investment banks recently did:

https://www.zerohedge.com/crypto/jpmorgan-admits-it-was-wrong-about-end-bitcoin-bull-run-renews-140000-plus-price-forecast?

You have in the past been both small-minded, arrogant, closed-minded, conceited, stubborn, bigoted, pig-headed and obstinate in your refusal to accept reality, and until recently you simply continued over and over with attempts to produce "false objections" with regard to the validity of Bitcoin.

It is correct, that fear and greed can be key reasons that people lose money. And yet you have not learned your own lesson here, which is that your fear (which may have been a good trait in your investment background to date) is also exactly what caused you to make huge losses on the value of your cash as compared to the value of BTC over the last 7 years. I am sure, if you could turn back time, that you wished you would invested in BTC back when you claimed it was a bubble in 2013. Just like you will be wishing you had done so by buying now at 18K, when we are in the year 2030 (and you KNOW IT).

With regard to "fear" you have exemplified with your "self-bargaining" how much idiocy and misunderstanding exists which puts people off buying BTC, which over time will be demystified due to larger institutions legitimizing BTC. And this fear (and ignorance by the masses) is indeed one reason why we can have so much confidence that there is so much huge upside potential ahead. Some of your nonsense on your self bargaining has included:

-People can hack an exchange so its not safe.
-BTC is only used by bad people.
-The Government will shut it down.
-Its not "real" as to opposed to gold which is.
-Its not easy to buy it.
-It only has a short period of history.
-There is no limit on supply and can be infinitely produced.
-A FedCoin will lead to reduced demand for BTC.
-Transaction speed is too slow for mass adoption.
-The price is too volatile.
-Its not typically used to purchase things.
-It will be taxed.
-Its not anonymous.

And my absolute favorite:

-BTC disappears "when the electricity is turned off".

and on and on the nonsense goes.

A respectful and more dignified approach for an older person such as yourself, would have been to have a more open and enquiring mind, and to ask about these topics and then have someone explain them to you. What you instead did was to make these potential objections as statements of fact, which then resulted you looking stupid when they were debunked. That in turn provoked you to take an aggressive and hostile stance (name-calling, making deceitful misquotes of others, etc), which actually did nothing to address the substance of the objections you raised.

You do have the opportunity to change your stance. Ultimately that is part of the purpose of the discussion here. For us to help each other.

Let me conclude by asking you this. As you now think Bitcoin will go higher, given all your great skills of trading options and futures etc, please tell now us how much higher you think Bitcoin will now go? :) Oh and while you are at it, please also tell us whether you believe gold will outperform BTC in 2020, and well as over the next 5 years. Thank you.

And so, as we are on the cusp of seeing yet another HUGE STEP in the legitimization of Bitcoin, I am reminded of the quote above.

The metaphorical story of Mr Anabolic is a good story and lesson for us all. Many of us when to great lengths to help a fellow get-bigger out. And that is maybe the saddest part of this whole chapter of GetBig history. We got him so so close to seeing the light, yet he stubbornly refused to take that final step (both out of pride, and due to his pig-headedness.

The good thing is, for all the Mr A's and no-coiners out there, is that there is still PLENTY OF TIME to get on board. Indeed we all as individuals, have the ability this weekend to front-run all the institutional money that will flow in Monday onwards via SEC approved ETFs.

Becoming a whole-coiner is still in reach for many of us in 1st world countries. So whilst we will see over time Billions of Indians, Asians, Latin-Americans etc toiling away for Sats, (with becoming a whole-coiner a far away and basically unachievable dream), we can ourselves "lock in" our place in what will be an increasingly competitive and wealth disparity world.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #8146 on: October 15, 2021, 11:11:30 PM »
BTC $ 62,145.17

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #8147 on: October 15, 2021, 11:44:44 PM »
Pulsechain is the next big thing, watch out for the next 2 months

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #8148 on: October 16, 2021, 12:50:57 AM »

I don't own any crypto, but I am very excited to see how pulse turns out.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8149 on: October 16, 2021, 02:28:53 AM »

Alts will come and go. Almost all fade to nothing over time...