Author Topic: Top 3 Getbiggers of All-Time! Who you got?  (Read 13985 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Top 3 Getbiggers of All-Time! Who you got?
« Reply #225 on: October 14, 2021, 08:21:38 PM »
That's very interesting. Supposedly Menzter only ran 400 mgs of deca every 7-10 days and 20-25 mgs dbol everyday and he competed at 210 at 5'8" on stage so that's around 500 mgs a week. He isn't as big as the fellas nowadays because guys that height now step on stage at 230ish. Of course guys nowadays have slin and gh, back then Mentzer wasn't running slin and gh. So do you think 500 mgs a week will show pro potential?

Look at Mentzer, when did he show potential? It shows pretty immediately when you even touch anabolics. Lots of these physical characteristics can show before you even start the anabolics. Nice muscle bellies and attachments, favorable skeletal structure. Although Mike was fond of saying, "genetic potential can only be shown in retrospect" and it's true, you won't truly know your ultimate potential until you try.

But look at Mike at 19. Most of his ultimate muscle mass had already been built by then.

Omega Male

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #226 on: October 14, 2021, 10:03:12 PM »
Look at Mentzer, when did he show potential? It shows pretty immediately when you even touch anabolics. Lots of these physical characteristics can show before you even start the anabolics. Nice muscle bellies and attachments, favorable skeletal structure. Although Mike was fond of saying, "genetic potential can only be shown in retrospect" and it's true, you won't truly know your ultimate potential until you try.

But look at Mike at 19. Most of his ultimate muscle mass had already been built by then.

Yeah, good point. As it says in that photo he weighed 195 and he looks around 7% bodyfat. When he was 210 on stage he was 5% I'd say, so that's about 20 pounds of lean dry muscle added which is quite a lot actually. But then again, he was only 19 in that 195 pound photo so he would have probably added another 10 pounds just from maturing, and if so that means the gear only added another 10 pounds or so to his frame.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #227 on: October 14, 2021, 10:22:01 PM »
Yeah, good point. As it says in that photo he weighed 195 and he looks around 7% bodyfat. When he was 210 on stage he was 5% I'd say, so that's about 20 pounds of lean dry muscle added which is quite a lot actually. But then again, he was only 19 in that 195 pound photo so he would have probably added another 10 pounds just from maturing, and if so that means the gear only added another 10 pounds or so to his frame.

I remember Dr. Walczak, steroid doctor to all the big names (he made and offer to Basile that if Vince moved to Cali he could turn him into Mr. Universe), that assuming diet and training is on point most of your potential is made during the first year of training. Then it slows down considerably.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #228 on: October 15, 2021, 03:01:36 AM »
It has been mentioned in this thread that tbombz is a top getbigger, but he would be very offended to be called a top

*troll face*

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #229 on: October 15, 2021, 05:42:10 AM »

Yeah.

Some Trivia. There was a video posted here a while back of a then young guy who trained with Mentzer for a bit. The guy had to drive Mentzer to a meth dealer before he would go to a gym lol. Anyway, he said him and Mentzer would take 3ccs of NPP 3 times a week, nothing else. So I think Mentzer had taken a bit more at times than what you quoted. Another poster on a different forum said Platz told him to take 200mg of Deca day.

In Muscular Development, shortly before Mentzer died, he said he didn't think the then current bodybuilders got anything more out of their megadosing except larger quadriceps. That was the only improvement he saw. I don't agree really but it's an interesting observation. Then you factor in the GH and insulin so how much did the increased steroids contribute? At the same time, I don't think you have quite exhausted the potential of steroids at 1500mg but it's not a linear muscle increase as the doses go up, obviously. Maybe you get to 95% at 1500mg. Victor Conte who tested all the top pros in the 90s said they were all at 3-5 grams.

I think Mentzer could have put on those extra 10-20lbs in say 6 months with a drug increase. It tends to come pretty quickly as the stimulus is increased. So that's why I say he was close even at 19. Same with Casey Viator, he was a monster at 19, and arguably looked his best ever at that age already.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #230 on: October 15, 2021, 09:14:19 AM »
-sarcasm
-true adonis

honorable mention

-vince g
L

Omega Male

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #231 on: October 15, 2021, 10:46:44 AM »
Yeah.

Some Trivia. There was a video posted here a while back of a then young guy who trained with Mentzer for a bit. The guy had to drive Mentzer to a meth dealer before he would go to a gym lol. Anyway, he said him and Mentzer would take 3ccs of NPP 3 times a week, nothing else. So I think Mentzer had taken a bit more at times than what you quoted. Another poster on a different forum said Platz told him to take 200mg of Deca day.

In Muscular Development, shortly before Mentzer died, he said he didn't think the then current bodybuilders got anything more out of their megadosing except larger quadriceps. That was the only improvement he saw. I don't agree really but it's an interesting observation. Then you factor in the GH and insulin so how much did the increased steroids contribute? At the same time, I don't think you have quite exhausted the potential of steroids at 1500mg but it's not a linear muscle increase as the doses go up, obviously. Maybe you get to 95% at 1500mg. Victor Conte who tested all the top pros in the 90s said they were all at 3-5 grams.

I think Mentzer could have put on those extra 10-20lbs in say 6 months with a drug increase. It tends to come pretty quickly as the stimulus is increased. So that's why I say he was close even at 19. Same with Casey Viator, he was a monster at 19, and arguably looked his best ever at that age already.

Agreed about Casey he was massive at 19. He came back in 1978 and he was a bit smaller than he was at 19, like 10-15 pounds smaller. As far as the guys nowadays, they have much bigger legs, delts and backs, chest and arms aren't that much bigger. The bigger delts are from the androgens ie. test and tren. So 3 cc's of npp 3 times a week would be 900 mgs of npp a week, correct?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #232 on: October 15, 2021, 10:56:34 AM »
. The bigger delts are from the androgens ie. test and tren. So 3 cc's of npp 3 times a week would be 900 mgs of npp a week, correct?

Yeah 900mg. The oldtimers really loved their nandrolones, testosterone not so much, just wasn't a thing back then, it was thought to be a crude androgen but we know now that it beats nandrolones in anabolism, it's not just an "androgen."

The huge delts today are also heavily shot up in most everyone. Gear and SEO. But yeah, the heavy androgens help. The "androgens" just so happen to be the most anabolic too.

Though there is some debate on if tren should be thought of as a strong androgen. Depends on how you look at it. Some say it's less androgenic than test. All these derivatives were developed to reduce the androgenic effects anyway. Tren is heavily used these days by the fitness chicks, down to bikini actually. Not heavily as in dosage but it's used a lot.

Omega Male

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #233 on: October 15, 2021, 03:15:14 PM »
Yeah 900mg. The oldtimers really loved their nandrolones, testosterone not so much, just wasn't a thing back then, it was thought to be a crude androgen but we know now that it beats nandrolones in anabolism, it's not just an "androgen."

The huge delts today are also heavily shot up in most everyone. Gear and SEO. But yeah, the heavy androgens help. The "androgens" just so happen to be the most anabolic too.

Though there is some debate on if tren should be thought of as a strong androgen. Depends on how you look at it. Some say it's less androgenic than test. All these derivatives were developed to reduce the androgenic effects anyway. Tren is heavily used these days by the fitness chicks, down to bikini actually. Not heavily as in dosage but it's used a lot.

Yes, back in that time deca was a favorite of most guys. In fact in an interview of Danny Padilla on youtube he says that he only ran deca, and Sergio was also a huge fan of deca and he wasn't too keen on winny.

Yeah as far as the delts go I forgot and seo.

I can understand why tren would be used by bikini chicks, because it is the best recomp drug, no ifs ands or buts. If you want to add size on tren I heard that it's basically a requirement to have estrogen. For example, when they injected cattle with tren without estrogen they didn't get as much growth from the cattle, but when they added estrogen with the tren the cattle gained much more weight.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #234 on: October 15, 2021, 05:04:15 PM »
Yes, back in that time deca was a favorite of most guys. In fact in an interview of Danny Padilla on youtube he says that he only ran deca, and Sergio was also a huge fan of deca and he wasn't too keen on winny.

Yeah as far as the delts go I forgot and seo.

I can understand why tren would be used by bikini chicks, because it is the best recomp drug, no ifs ands or buts. If you want to add size on tren I heard that it's basically a requirement to have estrogen. For example, when they injected cattle with tren without estrogen they didn't get as much growth from the cattle, but when they added estrogen with the tren the cattle gained much more weight.

Yes there is an estrogenic pathway to growth. In cattle it was thought to improve IGF signaling. The articles on it are on pubmed. Back in the day guys like Duchaine experimented with Zeranol, a synthetic cattle estrogen. It's on the doping lists too. Doing AIs may not be a good idea if trying to grow optimally, though hard to know if it's enough to have estrogen within the normal parameters or if you should just let it run as high as it goes on aromatizing steroids. Estrogen is good and important for males too, neuroprotective, protects the CV system, important for sexual function.

Although trenbolone is highly anabolic many feel it's not the best off season drug because it can make it hard to gain weight. Some complain of flatness unless really force feeding carbs. It is used quite a lot in the off season but some reserve it for preps.

Omega Male

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #235 on: October 15, 2021, 07:51:29 PM »
Yes there is an estrogenic pathway to growth. In cattle it was thought to improve IGF signaling. The articles on it are on pubmed. Back in the day guys like Duchaine experimented with Zeranol, a synthetic cattle estrogen. It's on the doping lists too. Doing AIs may not be a good idea if trying to grow optimally, though hard to know if it's enough to have estrogen within the normal parameters or if you should just let it run as high as it goes on aromatizing steroids. Estrogen is good and important for males too, neuroprotective, protects the CV system, important for sexual function.

Although trenbolone is highly anabolic many feel it's not the best off season drug because it can make it hard to gain weight. Some complain of flatness unless really force feeding carbs. It is used quite a lot in the off season but some reserve it for preps.

In my own personal experience tren is the best recomp drug in existence, for example I have run it with low dose test and I went from 12% bodyfat to 7% bodyfat while my scale weight stayed the same. Problem is I just get too vascular on it and ruins my aesthetics. Also I've just recently learned that it's kidney toxic so I doubt that I will ever run it again.

Yes estrogen is important for overall health and it does help the muscles grow better. Doc Huge talks about this repeatedly. Luckily I've never had to run an AI even when I blasted test up to one gram. I'm a big fan of the DHT's especially var but those can crash my estro unless I run a sufficient amount of test alongside of it.

Are you familiar with Doc Huge's concept of the anabolic pathways?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #236 on: October 16, 2021, 07:39:45 AM »

Are you familiar with Doc Huge's concept of the anabolic pathways?

I don't know who this guy is. Do you have a link or something?

I'm wary of high dose tren. I've used it a ton, more than I should have. I took an extended break and recently been running it at just 75-100mg a week, enanthate or hex. Kidney values have been good. I've been taking astragalus so that maybe has something to do with the numbers, I had some elevations in creatinine for a while - unknown if it was pathological, creatinine is almost always running a bit high in people with above normal lbm.

But even a low dose of tren can be beneficial as a specifically, and perhaps uniquely, anticatabolic steroid. It doesn't have to be the "main" compound in a stack. Even at such a low dose I can feel it. Some think the mood effects of tren are linked to its effects on the glucocorticoid pathways, not because it's extremely androgenic.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #237 on: October 16, 2021, 08:16:44 AM »
Epic is back got banned how did I miss that what did he do?

Posted a PM from (I think) PrimeMuscle

OneMoreRep gave him a friendly warning

epic told OMR to go f*ck himself... you can guess how that ended...

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=675154.msg9661843#msg9661843

Suicide by mod - I think it offered him a way out - he seemed under pressure as time went on...
T

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #238 on: October 16, 2021, 10:08:13 AM »
Epic is back is a grade A retard and he deserves to be banned for several reasons.

Omega Male

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #239 on: October 16, 2021, 02:16:38 PM »
I don't know who this guy is. Do you have a link or something?

I'm wary of high dose tren. I've used it a ton, more than I should have. I took an extended break and recently been running it at just 75-100mg a week, enanthate or hex. Kidney values have been good. I've been taking astragalus so that maybe has something to do with the numbers, I had some elevations in creatinine for a while - unknown if it was pathological, creatinine is almost always running a bit high in people with above normal lbm.

But even a low dose of tren can be beneficial as a specifically, and perhaps uniquely, anticatabolic steroid. It doesn't have to be the "main" compound in a stack. Even at such a low dose I can feel it. Some think the mood effects of tren are linked to its effects on the glucocorticoid pathways, not because it's extremely androgenic.

https://anabolictv.com/understanding-growth-pathways-for-building-muscle-bone-density/

That's his channel, and here's a link to a vid that touches on the anabolic pathways. One thing about him though is that he is a big supporter of sarms, and I've tried 2 of them, ostarine and s23, and neither of them did anything for me.

I've run tren as low as 15 mgs a day which is 105 mgs a week, but it did nothing for me, so then I upped it to 30 mg a day which is 210 mgs a week and I responded well to it. So yeah, I could see running is at 200 mgs a week as an "add on" to the the main compound. I also responded well to 30 mgs of var a day.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #240 on: October 16, 2021, 02:34:08 PM »
 I can understand that Getbiggers have different opinions on posters, which is why I am not angry that most probably don't have me in the top 3. However, I should be in most of your top 10's.

Remember, it should be about overall impact (good and bad) that you judge a poster's overall  history. Did he bring the views? Did you click on a thread immediately, just because of the thread starter?

If we judge simply by popularity, I'm a shoe-in.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #241 on: October 16, 2021, 03:14:25 PM »
https://anabolictv.com/understanding-growth-pathways-for-building-muscle-bone-density/

That's his channel, and here's a link to a vid that touches on the anabolic pathways. One thing about him though is that he is a big supporter of sarms, and I've tried 2 of them, ostarine and s23, and neither of them did anything for me.

Ah, didn't know Tony called himself "doc."

I don't see any reason to use SARMs.over conventional AAS, of which many could be called SARMs anyway (like tren)*. All AAS are attempt at making them "selective." They are basically AAS by another name, not steroidal but activating the AR like AAS. I don't see a health advantage nor a results advantage. Tony was selling them I think. Tony used to sell some steroids too, my friend bought some of his trestolone which he thought was bunk.

Maybe I'll watch the video later.

Tissue selectivity and potential clinical applications of trenbolone (17beta-hydroxyestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one): A potent anabolic steroid with reduced androgenic and estrogenic activity
Joshua F Yarrow et al. Steroids. 2010 Jun.
Abstract
Recently, the development of selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs) has been suggested as a means of combating the deleterious catabolic effects of hypogonadism, especially in skeletal muscle and bone, without inducing the undesirable androgenic effects (e.g., prostate enlargement and polycythemia) associated with testosterone administration. 17beta-Hydroxyestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one (trenbolone; 17beta-TBOH), a synthetic analog of testosterone, may be capable of inducing SARM-like effects as it binds to androgen receptors (ARs) with approximately three times the affinity of testosterone and...

Omega Male

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #242 on: October 16, 2021, 03:45:32 PM »
Ah, didn't know Tony called himself "doc."

I don't see any reason to use SARMs.over conventional AAS, of which many could be called SARMs anyway (like tren)*. All AAS are attempt at making them "selective." They are basically AAS by another name, not steroidal but activating the AR like AAS. I don't see a health advantage nor a results advantage. Tony was selling them I think. Tony used to sell some steroids too, my friend bought some of his trestolone which he thought was bunk.

Maybe I'll watch the video later.

Tissue selectivity and potential clinical applications of trenbolone (17beta-hydroxyestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one): A potent anabolic steroid with reduced androgenic and estrogenic activity
Joshua F Yarrow et al. Steroids. 2010 Jun.
Abstract
Recently, the development of selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs) has been suggested as a means of combating the deleterious catabolic effects of hypogonadism, especially in skeletal muscle and bone, without inducing the undesirable androgenic effects (e.g., prostate enlargement and polycythemia) associated with testosterone administration. 17beta-Hydroxyestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one (trenbolone; 17beta-TBOH), a synthetic analog of testosterone, may be capable of inducing SARM-like effects as it binds to androgen receptors (ARs) with approximately three times the affinity of testosterone and...

Sarms don't work in my case. Yes tren is a sarm but it actually works :D I'd be curious to hear your thoughts/opinions on doc huge's anabolic pathways.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #243 on: October 16, 2021, 04:29:27 PM »
I can understand that Getbiggers have different opinions on posters, which is why I am not angry that most probably don't have me in the top 3. However, I should be in most of your top 10's.

Remember, it should be about overall impact (good and bad) that you judge a poster's overall  history. Did he bring the views? Did you click on a thread immediately, just because of the thread starter?

If we judge simply by popularity, I'm a shoe-in.

after factoring in longevity, that should be the crux of it: how much have others been interested in reading or viewing one's posts? 

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #244 on: October 16, 2021, 04:32:16 PM »
after factoring in longevity, that should be the crux of it: how much have others been interested in reading or viewing one's posts?
Exactly.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #245 on: October 16, 2021, 04:34:03 PM »
Where is this list already ? 

Shizzo - what do you believe is your contribution to this site worthy of a top 10 ranking ?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: October 16, 2021, 04:35:50 PM »
Where is this list already ? 

Shizzo - what do you believe is your contribution to this site worthy of a top 10 ranking ?
That you are asking me this very question.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: October 16, 2021, 04:50:07 PM »
Posted a PM from (I think) PrimeMuscle

OneMoreRep gave him a friendly warning

epic told OMR to go f*ck himself... you can guess how that ended...

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=675154.msg9661843#msg9661843

Suicide by mod - I think it offered him a way out - he seemed under pressure as time went on...

Just so y'all know, I did not set him up by sending him two of PM's which he stupidly posted the contents thereof on the boards. He got very fair warning from OneMoreRep that this is the one rule on Getbig you don't cross. Not-So-Epic was such an ass-wipe to OneMoreRep, he did himself in. Ask me if I miss him. Can you guess the answer? In other words, he committed Getbig suicide. Forgive me that this doesn't make me sad. I am not normally so mean spirited.

What you sow, so shall you reap. He sowed some stupid bad seeds.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #248 on: October 16, 2021, 04:52:04 PM »
That you are asking me this very question.

You said you believed you should be in everyone’s top 10.  I’m asking you what you believe is your contribution to being considered in that top 10

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #249 on: October 16, 2021, 04:54:33 PM »
Just so y'all know, I did not set him up by sending him two of PM's which he stupidly posted the contents thereof on the boards. He got very fair warning from OneMoreRep that this is the one rule on Getbig you don't cross. Not-So-Epic was such an ass-wipe to OneMoreRep, he did himself in. Ask me if I miss him. Can you guess the answer? In other words, he committed Getbig suicide. Forgive me that this doesn't make me sad. I am not normally so mean spirited.

What you sow, so shall you reap. He sowed some stupid bad seeds.
Have your kids had the talk with you yet?
It's not easy going to a home.