Author Topic: King Zane's contest diet  (Read 1122 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
King Zane's contest diet
« on: March 22, 2024, 10:02:25 AM »
he was anoxeric like me

he ate 200 grams pro and under 50 grams carb and low fats so he total daily cal intake was maybe 1200 cals

he never went over 150 carb grams or so he says

and his contest weight was 187 and in the off season his bw never went over 2 bills

starts @ 20:30 to 24:30

is he aneroxic on less than 1200 cals a day ???

mentzer was known to eat less than 800 cals a day pre-contest

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: King Zane's contest diet
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2024, 10:08:48 AM »
I just don't believe Zane. He got seriously light in the off season. Just look at the Whitney museum exhibit. He looked 170lbs.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2024, 10:12:21 AM »
I just don't believe Zane. He got seriously light in the off season. Just look at the Whitney museum exhibit. He looked 170lbs.

150 carbs a day is literally nothing and he said he rarely went over this ???

Sexy Beast

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2024, 10:17:45 AM »
The guys in the late 80's and early 90's flipped it completely around and ate ~ 60% carbs and 30% protein and 10% fat and looked way better

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2024, 10:28:05 AM »
150 carbs a day is literally nothing and he said he rarely went over this ???

For someone who is 170 lbs on stage 150 grams of carbs is moderate  . Obviously, everyone’s body is different but 150 grams of carbs for someone 170 lbs is def not low.

Stick to begging your mom for money

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2024, 10:32:38 AM »
The guys in the late 80's and early 90's flipped it completely around and ate ~ 60% carbs and 30% protein and 10% fat and looked way better

that's mentzers ratio

25 pro 60 carb 15 fat

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2024, 10:58:43 AM »
that's mentzers ratio

25 pro 60 carb 15 fat

You can go high carb, or high fat but not both...

Fats are essential for health. Carbs aren't essential. You could go the rest of your life without eating another carb and be in good health. If you tried that with fat you would probably have all kinds of problems with  joint health, nervous system,  brain function, arteries, skin & hair health etc.. but carbs have a role in better performance,  better workouts, fuller muscles etc...

Zane says different shit depending on which interview you listen to but still mostly consistent.  He comes across as aloof, condescending and impatient but few looked better at 190 lbs...

It's funny he gets associated with aestheticis & symmetry. He really wasn't either of those, but he knew how to pose and create an illusion. He was supremely ripped but his abs  blocky, his obliques were blocky, didn't have ideal chest shape. He had a way of presenting it though, posing as if he had wide shoulders. I mean Zane has 3 Olympia titles while Nubret has none and Nubret was genetically more gifted, with more aesthetics and symmetry yet Zane is considered the king of aesthetics

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2024, 11:11:05 AM »
You can go high carb, or high fat but not both...

Fats are essential for health. Carbs aren't essential. You could go the rest of your life without eating another carb and be in good health. If you tried that with fat you would probably have all kinds of problems with  joint health, nervous system,  brain function, arteries, skin & hair health etc.. but carbs have a role in better performance,  better workouts, fuller muscles etc...

Zane says different shit depending on which interview you listen to but still mostly consistent.  He comes across as aloof, condescending and impatient but few looked better at 190 lbs...

It's funny he gets associated with aestheticis & symmetry. He really wasn't either of those, but he knew how to pose and create an illusion. He was supremely ripped but his abs  blocky, his obliques were blocky, didn't have ideal chest shape. He had a way of presenting it though, posing as if he had wide shoulders. I mean Zane has 3 Olympia titles while Nubret has none and Nubret was genetically more gifted, with more aesthetics and symmetry yet Zane is considered the king of aesthetics

here's a great vid from the big jew

once i'm 4-5% ima stay there and add lean dry tissue

i checked how much carbs for muscle building and it ranges all the way from 4 grams per kilo to 10 grams per kilo

10 grams per kilo is a fucking ton!!!!

most say 4-7 grams per kilo so for me that's 300-500 so once ima ripped dry shreaded 4-5% i'll start with 300 carb grams with 120 pro grams and see

there's no way in hell i could eat 750 carb grams and stay a dry 4-5 at least i dont think so

today i had 80-90 carbs and 125 pro grams but ima heading to ripped grounds ;)

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2024, 11:11:41 AM »
For someone who is 170 lbs on stage 150 grams of carbs is moderate  . Obviously, everyone’s body is different but 150 grams of carbs for someone 170 lbs is def not low.

Stick to begging your mom for money
I normally have 100gms carbs a day while prepping

Sexy Beast

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2024, 11:11:56 AM »
that's mentzers ratio

25 pro 60 carb 15 fat

As you wrote in your first post, Mentzer's pre-contest diet was basically a starvation diet
It's kind of amazing that he held onto any muscle at all.  I remember an article where he outlined a day of pre-contest eating and it was practically no protein but he ate some muffins and a bit of ice cream and think a vodka gimlet if I recall correctly.  I'm sure he forget to mention the amphetamines and probably thyroid drugs. 

His claim that you barely need more than a few grams over the RDA of protein was nonsense in my opinion

always found it odd that his protocol of very low training volume and barely any protein didn't extend to his drug use

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2024, 11:14:17 AM »
He was known as "Frank the Chemist".

According to him it was because he took mega doses of aminoacids, which (according to him, again) have a similar effect to steroids.

Never touched steroids.

Sexy Beast

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2024, 11:15:27 AM »
The first guy I remember eating a lot of carbs was Jeff King
He also didn't eat that much protein, maybe 175 grams a day or something like that
He also ate very low fat and I think he eventually had some health issues from barely eating any fat

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2024, 11:18:17 AM »
As you wrote in your first post, Mentzer's pre-contest diet was basically a starvation diet
It's kind of amazing that he held onto any muscle at all.  I remember an article where he outlined a day of pre-contest eating and it was practically no protein but he ate some muffins and a bit of ice cream and think a vodka gimlet if I recall correctly.  I'm sure he forget to mention the amphetamines and probably thyroid drugs. 

His claim that you barely need more than a few grams over the RDA of protein was nonsense in my opinion

always found it odd that his protocol of very low training volume and barely any protein didn't extend to his drug use

i have his heavy-duty journal and he ate like 800 cals and 80% carbs

this past summer i did similar and i lost like 12 pounds of fat while adding 8-9 pounds lean dry muslce

in the test study with 25 50 125 300 600 all the peeps in this study only ate 1.3 grams pro per kilo and the high dose gained the most muscle

read again... 1.3 grams PER FUCKING KILO

menzter took 200 deca every 10 days and 25 mgs dbol daily at that time

Sexy Beast

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2024, 12:34:03 PM »
i have his heavy-duty journal and he ate like 800 cals and 80% carbs

this past summer i did similar and i lost like 12 pounds of fat while adding 8-9 pounds lean dry muslce

in the test study with 25 50 125 300 600 all the peeps in this study only ate 1.3 grams pro per kilo and the high dose gained the most muscle

read again... 1.3 grams PER FUCKING KILO

menzter took 200 deca every 10 days and 25 mgs dbol daily at that time

The RDA for  protein for an adult  male is .8 gram per kg so you were well above that at 1.3 grams per kg

gaining 8-9 lbs of muscle whilst losing 12 pounds of fat is pretty amazing unless you were on drugs or getting back in shape after a layoff or an illness

I've read that Mentzer took  substantially larger doses of  deca than you mentioned but of course only Mentzer knows for sure and he obviously not around to tell us

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2024, 01:02:04 PM »
The RDA for  protein for an adult  male is .8 gram per kg so you were well above that at 1.3 grams per kg

gaining 8-9 lbs of muscle whilst losing 12 pounds of fat is pretty amazing unless you were on drugs or getting back in shape after a layoff or an illness

I've read that Mentzer took  substantially larger doses of  deca than you mentioned but of course only Mentzer knows for sure and he obviously not around to tell us

i just started training again before i was on 250 test no training then i added in 20-30 mgs dbol to the 250 test and viola!

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2024, 02:56:28 PM »

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2024, 06:02:08 PM »

He was 170 lbs.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2024, 06:05:10 PM »

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2024, 06:08:15 PM »

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2024, 07:39:10 AM »

Every contest.

177 in '79.

That was his lightest.

200ish off season.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2024, 08:00:48 AM »
this was his best look

think it was 76

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2024, 08:51:37 AM »
this was his best look

think it was 76

dj, you look just like him.

Only haters would deny this.

There is even a facial resemblence.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2024, 10:52:13 AM »
dj, you look just like him.

Only haters would deny this.

There is even a facial resemblence.

Did you see my leg pic that I posted when I actually trained them?

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2024, 11:18:02 AM »
Did you see my leg pic that I posted when I actually trained them?

Yes.

You should resume leg training. 

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2024, 11:23:35 AM »
Yes.

You should resume start leg training.

Fixed.