Author Topic: 02-09-06: Motion to Supress Interviews from Mass?  (Read 4026 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
02-09-06: Motion to Supress Interviews from Mass?
« on: February 09, 2006, 11:18:44 PM »

http://getbig.com/news/2006-01/060209titus.htm

It has been a quiet week for Craig Titus and Kelly Ryan in terms of any meaningful events. I hear that they had a visit from someone who went to see them, but because they are in a maximum security state and also in isolation, the best way that they could talk was via a video teleconference, not see each other face to face. But at least someone talked to them where they were.

There were interesting developments that were learned this week, the first which will be quite interesting when it comes out in court. It seems that there is a motion to suppress the statements that were given to the Las Vegas Detectives when they went to question Craig & Kelly after the were arrested in Massachusetts. It is rumored that these detectives secretly tape recorded the conversations that they were having, and didn't tell Craig or Kelly until towards the end. Now, is this legal, or is this a case of the police officers not following the law. Either way, it may be that all of that may be thrown out.

As for bail, the attorneys will argue that there is no reason not to give bail to both Craig and Kelly as they are not a flight risk (unlawful flight charge?), and didn't know of the arrest warrant when they left Nevada (it wasn't issued).

These attorneys that they have seem like some of the best in handling these type of cases. Steven Boozang is from Boston, and has handled a number of high profile cases, while Richard Schonfeld is from Las Vegas, and is considered one of the top lawyers there. Kelly's lawyer Tim Pitaro, has been rumored to be a very focused and dedicated attorney.

They are scheduled to be in court around 1pm. Let's see what comes out then!

buffalo

• Getbig IV
Re: 02-09-06: Motion to Supress Interviews from Mass?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 06:34:02 AM »
it doesn't matter if Craig & Kelly "didin't know of the arrest warrant"...they "knew" they had committed murder and they were "trying" to get the hell out of the US before the body could even be found

Bronx

• Getbig III
  • MuscleMag Group Photo Editor
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 06:37:44 AM »
Why do I see this being another OJ? Something tells me, I have a sneaking suspicion they may get off...or have the sentence lessened or something...

Not sure why....just something rattling around in my head...hopefully I'm wrong.

Motorbreath

• Getbig III
  • What goes around comes around.....
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 07:40:56 AM »
Why do I see this being another OJ? Something tells me, I have a sneaking suspicion they may get off...or have the sentence lessened or something...
Not sure why....just something rattling around in my head...hopefully I'm wrong.

It MAY have been possible, only if they didn't have VIDEO TAPE of Kelly buying the lighter fluid and barb-q tool set at wall mart.

That purchase will SEAL her fate for a long time.........

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 09:16:14 AM »
Ron, I understand the points you made but these small things make me wonder"
Finding out that your "Live In Assistant" was found in the back of YOUR Burning Car.
Then trading in their only remaining vehicle for a new one and driving across the state for the Holidays before even finding out facts of the case.
Insurance on the burning vehicle.
Mourning the loss of a friend.
Helping to find answers to this Murder Mystery.
Not knowing a bout an Arrest Warrant issued for their arrest even though they have family a friends with their personal cell phone numbers who watch the National News Daily?
No phone calls or communication with the Victims family, not one call? :-\
Talk about things that make you go, "Hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm....."
Good luck on getting bail. :-[

midknight

• Getbig IV
  • Soon, you will know the meaning of pain.
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 09:38:07 AM »
Finding out that your "Live In Assistant" was found in the back of YOUR Burning Car.
Then trading in their only remaining vehicle for a new one and driving across the state for the Holidays before even finding out facts of the case.
Not knowing a bout an Arrest Warrant issued for their arrest even though they have family a friends with their personal cell phone numbers who watch the National News Daily?
No phone calls or communication with the Victims family no one call? :-\

Too true! People are just trying to make a case out of it. In the end, they will be convicted.
pain day

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 11:11:20 AM »
No phone calls or communication with the Victims family no one call? :-\

Yeah, I've got to agree with Mr. Ray on this one. And that photo above, That's a latern-jaw caused by "X" if I've ever seen (& experienced myself) one.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 11:19:56 AM »
Yea I find it one of the funniest points they make is they knew nothing about the warrant.  They have cellphones and they have many friends who did know.  You sayig they never got a call from anyone.  They are perhaps the biggest flight risk of anyone.  If not that then they will take a cruise out of the country.  I am kind of hoping they get bail though.  It will be great when they decide to flee the next time.  It will make this case more interesting.  Plus, I can't wait hear their excuses this time. 

Maybe they will get bail and guest pose somewhere to raise funds to pay attorney fees.

Also, in regards to their attorneys.  It appears they have some good high profile attorneys.  Well they cost money.  The thing I see here is the attorneys are involved with this case strictly for the publicity not because they think they are innocent.  Their names are going to be in print in inductry magazines everywhere.  Attorneys love the spotlight and dream of being able to be in front of the camera.  WHen all said and done they will end up with what little Craig and Kelly have and own and Craig and Kelly will still have their lives ruined forever.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 12:35:36 PM »
Doesn't look good............

Titus and Ryan admit to tasing Melissa James
Feb 10, 2006, 07:53 AM PST 

Craig Titus and his wife, Kelly Ryan, have been charged with murder in the death of their personal assistant. They were arrested in Massachusetts more than a week after the body of Melissa James was found in the trunk of Ryan's burning car.

Now, court documents indicate that James may have initially been attacked with a taser gun the night before her body was discovered. In court documents obtained by News 3, both Titus and Ryan admitted to friends that they used a taser gun on Melissa James. A taser gun transmits 50,000 volts, incapacitating its target.

The couple told police the gun was given to them by a friend and according to it's manufacturer, Taser International, the gun was discharged six times on December 13 between 2:10 and 2:12 PM.

During that time both Titus and Ryan admit that James was in their home and remnants left behind after the taser fired, called taser dots, were also found inside.
Prosecutors say this evidence, along with the fact the pair led authorities on a manhunt shortly after they were listed as murder suspects, is proof enough they should be held behind bars and denied bail.

Titus is scheduled for a bail hearing Friday. Both he and his wife are facing a charge of first degree murder. The defense plans to ask for a reasonable bail setting. They're expected to argue that Titus poses no danger to the community and is not a flight risk.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 07:23:03 PM »
due to the seriousness of these charges there will be no bail.  it's an election year...