Author Topic: Bill to impeach Bush  (Read 6206 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Bill to impeach Bush
« on: December 08, 2006, 11:33:24 PM »
It's deja vu.  Thought I posted this, but it disappeared?   Or was I dreaming?   :-\ 

Anywho, you liberals finally got your wish.  An impeachment attempt by the wacky Cynthia McKinney.  Thank God the voters sent her home. 

Rep. McKinney's parting shot: Bill to impeach BushPOSTED: 10:16 p.m. EST, December 8, 2006

WASHINGTON (AP) -- In what was likely her final legislative act in Congress, outgoing Georgia Rep. Cynthia McKinney announced a bill Friday to impeach President Bush.

The legislation has no chance of passing and serves as a symbolic parting shot not only at Bush but also at Democratic leaders. Incoming House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-California, has made clear that she will not entertain proposals to sanction Bush and has warned the liberal wing of her party against making political hay of impeachment.

McKinney, a Democrat who drew national headlines in March when she struck a Capitol police officer, has long said that Bush was never legitimately elected. In introducing her legislation in the final hours of the current Congress, she said Bush had violated his oath of office to defend the Constitution and the nation's laws.

In the bill, she accused Bush of misleading Congress on the war in Iraq and violating privacy laws with his domestic spying program.

McKinney has made no secret of her frustration with Democratic leaders since voters ousted her from office in the Democratic primary this summer. In a speech Monday at George Washington University, she accused party leaders of kowtowing to Republicans on the war in Iraq and on military mistreatment of prisoners.

McKinney, who has not discussed her career plans, has increasingly embraced her image as a controversial figure.

She has served as host for numerous panels on September 11 conspiracy theories and suggested that Bush had prior knowledge of the terrorist attacks but kept quiet about it to allow friends to profit from the aftermath. She introduced legislation to establish a permanent collection of rapper Tupac Shakur's recordings at the National Archives and calling for a federal investigation into his killing.

But it was her scuffle with a Capitol police officer that drew the most attention. McKinney struck the officer when he tried to stop her from entering a congressional office building. The officer did not recognize McKinney, who was not wearing her member lapel pin.

A grand jury in Washington declined to indict McKinney over the clash, but she eventually apologized before the House.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/12/08/mckinney.impeach.ap/index.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Re: Bill to impeach Bush
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 11:40:21 PM »
And that's something I said the first time I posted this, which someone deleted.  She is the crackpot who blamed Bush for 911.  No surprise she's going home. 

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 11:46:05 PM »
240- or others- what is required for your president to be impeached?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 11:47:36 PM »

Articles of impeachment approved by the House.  Removal from office by the Senate.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 11:49:08 PM »
It's not even debatable that Bush knew about 9/11, dude.  our allies have announced it, and we've seen Condi's memo.  You think he wouldn't take the 911 stand because he got stagefright? LMAO... they asked condi about the memo under oath and she spilled it.  No way Bush was taking the stand to admit "well yeah, i knew, but um..."  

beachy, you wouldn't answer last week, if your daughter worked in WTC 1, which man you would trust to warn her of an upcoming attack - Bush or Alex Jones.  We all know your answer ;)

I use hypos all the time in the classroom, but they're usually coherent.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 11:57:32 PM »
Do those elementary psychological ploys ever work on adults?  I cannot even use them on my teenagers anymore. 

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 11:59:13 PM »
Sorry- I mean what's the procedure. Someone proposes a bill and it needs a certain approval percentage or what?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 12:00:54 AM »
Sorry- I mean what's the procedure. Someone proposes a bill and it needs a certain approval percentage or what?

"Articles of impeachment approved by the House.  Removal from office by the Senate."

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 12:01:39 AM »
What constitutes approval? Is it just the majority, or 60 percent?

I'm not familiar with the American system!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 12:07:42 AM »
What constitutes approval? Is it just the majority, or 60 percent?

I'm not familiar with the American system!

It's a simple majority vote in the House.  House managers (designated U.S. Reps) are then appointed to argue the case before the Senate.  Senate requires 2/3 majority to remove the president from office.

It will absolutely not happen to Bush.  And he hasn't been pardoned, because the legislative branch cannot pardon anyone.  Only the president can.    

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2006, 12:50:42 AM »
Cheers Beach Bum, 240!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006, 01:26:29 AM »
240..bro u need to get over it. I don't see what u want from all this. If Bush knew he knew. All those laws that h has passed ..illegal or not have yet to take a dime outa ur pocket or anybody elses. Its not about that anymore. Iraq is a shambles and our guys are dying by the truck load now. 911 will sort itself out or it won't. Mckinney is a nutbag..not just over this but alot of other bizarre stuff.
L

luike101

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2006, 02:04:52 AM »
Beach trusts alex more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2006, 03:45:00 AM »
It's deja vu.  Thought I posted this, but it disappeared?   Or was I dreaming?   :-\ 

If I wacked it it was definitly by accident.  But I don't remember seeing this so I'm sure not...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2006, 09:52:16 AM »
yes he has.  The congress made all laws effective to the first day of his presidency.  he is free from any prosecution for the acts done which were in direct violation of the law, which he justified by saying "national security" everytime a judge told him no.

you can defend it all ya want, call it whatever you want.  Bush was given boundaries, and he broke them, then had new boundaries drawn up.  People were tortured.  Anyone who condones this torture is a cuntflap.  It's well known. Even this smiley with a rash knows.

I understand.  You choose to use words and phrases in any manner you deem fit, regardless of what they really mean.  For the benefit of other impressionable minds who may read your nonsense, a "pardon" can only be done by the executive branch at either the state or federal level (i.e., the governor or president).   ::) 

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2006, 06:52:36 PM »
 >:(

Bush should be prosecuted as a war criminal.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2006, 07:34:48 PM »
Bush and all of the Democrat senators who told the American people that Saddam had WMDs and then voted, repeatedly, to support to the war. 

Maybe outgoing Rep. McKinney will get the ball rolling.   :)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2006, 07:37:36 PM »
if only it had a chance to pass, i would jump for joy.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2006, 07:43:46 PM »
Impeachment and removal would give us President Cheney and VP Rice?   :)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2006, 08:23:46 PM »
permission from chuck norris

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2006, 08:50:10 PM »
Impeachment and removal would give us President Cheney and VP Rice?   :)

Cheny is already President....Just like Hilary Clinton was.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2006, 08:51:25 PM »
if only it had a chance to pass, i would jump for joy.

Maybe he should get a blow job from a fat chic....THAT would be a much worse offense than starting a war over oil.