Author Topic: Whenever JOhn Edwards smirks  (Read 1324 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Whenever JOhn Edwards smirks
« on: February 04, 2007, 07:33:22 AM »
He's on Meet the Press.

Everytime he's asked a question where he knows his position is weak or unclear, he smirks.

I hope this douchebag doesn't get in.  He carries himself more like a grocery store manager than a President. 

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
Re: Whenever JOhn Edwards smirks
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 09:28:44 AM »
This from the guy who voted for Bush.  Twice!  You haven’t the credibility to defame or critique Edwards.  Your time would be better spent improving your critical thinking skills.

Bah!  Doom disapproves.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 09:46:28 AM »
Funny.  I watched him on Meet the Press this morning and I was impressed as always.  He is smart, articulate, honest, sincere, and engaging.  Precisely the kind of candidate who will never win the Democrat nomination. 

He's wrong about the war though.   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 10:28:28 AM »
Funny.  I watched him on Meet the Press this morning and I was impressed as always.  He is smart, articulate, honest, sincere, and engaging.  Precisely the kind of candidate who will never win the Democrat nomination. 

The man changed his position on the war WHILE ON HARDBALL on dec 12th.   Went from embedded under iraqi leadership, to no embeded under leadership, after mathews explained to him what that entailed.

His continual use of "What my position actually is..." when Russert showed him contradictory old quotes of his, well, it's troubling.  This morning he laughed off a "my position was originally X, before it became Y" statement by Russert which was dead on.  He also refused to take positions on several issues, saying "I'm currently troubled by that one" and redirecting.  If you nearly won VP and you don't know where you are on gay rights at this point, THAT is troubling.  he just doesn't want to piss anyone off.  Whne a president doesn't want to piss anyone off, that is bad.

Edwards is not shrewd, not confident, and not convincing.  I think this will come out more and more in debates and appearances. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 10:31:11 AM »
I watched him on Hardball and thought he did fine.  We just have different takes on him.  I think he's a great candidate for Democrats.  Unfortunately, they'd rather put losers at the top of their ticket, which is why we will probably see Hillary win the Democrat nomination. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 10:44:42 AM »
I watched him on Hardball and thought he did fine.  We just have different takes on him.  I think he's a great candidate for Democrats.  Unfortunately, they'd rather put losers at the top of their ticket, which is why we will probably see Hillary win the Democrat nomination. 

The man CHANGED HIS POSITION ON A TV SHOW BASED UPON THE CONTENT BEING EXPLAINED TO HIM.

Then, he started to defend kerry's statement on "poor kids getting sent to Iraq" before HIS WIFE had to cut him off from putting his foot into his mouth.

If your take is that this man is capable of leading our nation, that is fine.  I disagree completely though.  I'm the first to admit that Cheney, Rummy, Hilary, obama, Kerry, Richardson, and Newt are all very shrewd and smart people (even though I disagree with most of them politically).

Edwards doesn't understand war terminology and needs his wife to keep him from defending indefensible positions.  He's not presidential material.