Author Topic: Gays freaked out over Duck Dynasty comments on gay sex  (Read 10958 times)

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Re: Gays freaked out over Duck Dynasty comments on gay sex
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2013, 03:06:53 PM »
They do more the duck calls...this has become a pretty big business and brand.

My point is that just about anyone can end up on TV these days: Snooky, Paris Hilton, the Kardhashian "clan", that lady with half a dozen kids, aspiring MMA fighters, obese people, and, apparently, the manufacturers of duck calls.

But I guess when you have 24 hours of air time to fill with "content" you can't be too selective.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2013, 03:10:14 PM »
They represent millions of people, normal middle Americans in their values, hobbies and things that normal non coast dwellers understand. It isn;t the normal reality show.
L

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2013, 07:01:20 PM »
They represent millions of people, normal middle Americans in their values, hobbies and things that normal non coast dwellers understand. It isn;t the normal reality show.

sorry couldn't help it  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2013, 07:16:12 PM »
i have never seen the show... a hunting reality show?  they hunt ducks each week?

i dunno what he said, i dont care.  just one man's opinion, we all have them, and that's about it.

i hope they eat the ducks they shoot, at least.  If I had to pick which one is more disturbing - two dudes that like to kiss other dudes and leave more available females for us straight dudes, or people that shoot a lot of cute ducks minding their own business - I dunno, neither thought is really that interesting to me.  but different folks, diff strokes.

Again - SLOW NEWS WEEK.  Congress is on vacation, Trey Radel is out of rehab, it's the holiday news dump coming tomorrow!  and other than that, everyone is relxing, and we get our annual crap news cycle.  Any other time of year, with actual news going on, some dude on some crap tv show having an opinion on an issue wouldn't be the top 4 story on the home page of http://www.foxnews.com/ some 12 hours later.  It's still there lol.  It's the #8 story on the http://www.msnbc.com/ home page.   unreal.

www.usdebtclock.org

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2013, 01:34:32 AM »

I guess I'm not normal or middle-class, what with being one of those coast-dwelling Nevadan snobs... ;D

agenda21nwo

« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2013, 03:02:24 AM »
All the usual suspects,

blacken700
Straw Man
Agnostic007
240 is Back

Fucking losers.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2013, 04:21:49 AM »
(CNN) -- The family behind A&E's "Duck Dynasty" rallied around its patriarch Thursday, one day after the network suspended Phil Robertson over controversial remarks he made about gays and blacks in a magazine interview.

"While some of Phil's unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible. Phil is a Godly man who follows what the Bible says are the greatest commandments: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart' and 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' Phil would never incite or encourage hate," the Robertsons said in a statement.

The family called into question the future of the show.

"We are disappointed that Phil has been placed on hiatus for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right. We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty," it said.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/20/showbiz/duck-dynasty-suspension/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2013, 05:24:49 AM »
Duck Dynasty  ::)

The fact that this is the highest rated show is more bewildering to me than why there's a hooplah over what the guy said. 

No wonder I got rid of TV altogether. Absolute garbage and an overall waste of time.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2013, 05:25:39 AM »
33333 got goodrowned.

Wtf is wrong with living in a tiny house in the woods? Many prefer that instead of the stress in the citys. There is so much people can mock vince for and that was the first thing that came to his mind lol

In all I have 2 homes with another one I'm about to buy and fix up for rental.  And my trailer I live in isn't small.....3 bedroom, 2 bath, 1200 sq ft on a few acres of land.  
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2013, 05:33:48 AM »
(CNN) -- The family behind A&E's "Duck Dynasty" rallied around its patriarch Thursday, one day after the network suspended Phil Robertson over controversial remarks he made about gays and blacks in a magazine interview.

"While some of Phil's unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible. Phil is a Godly man who follows what the Bible says are the greatest commandments: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart' and 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' Phil would never incite or encourage hate," the Robertsons said in a statement.

The family called into question the future of the show.

"We are disappointed that Phil has been placed on hiatus for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right. We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty," it said.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/20/showbiz/duck-dynasty-suspension/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Their speech is protected by free speech.  However they are employees of Disney as well and Disney also has the right to hire and fire them if they see fit. 

Again, what got Phil in trouble wasn't his opinion that a man should be with a woman....it was when he compared gays to terrorist and bestiality.  The comment about us blacks being happier before having civil rights didn't help neither.

I'm still buying a lot of DD gear as that's what they still want for Christmas, but I think Phil needs to realize that his comments did not reflect the "Christian values" they espouse.

One more thing....I wish people didn't cherry pick the Bible for their own advantage.
A

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2013, 06:27:09 AM »

Their speech is protected by free speech.  However they are employees of Disney as well and Disney also has the right to hire and fire them if they see fit.  

Again, what got Phil in trouble wasn't his opinion that a man should be with a woman....it was when he compared gays to terrorist and bestiality.  The comment about us blacks being happier before having civil rights didn't help neither.

I'm still buying a lot of DD gear as that's what they still want for Christmas, but I think Phil needs to realize that his comments did not reflect the "Christian values" they espouse.

One more thing....I wish people didn't cherry pick the Bible for their own advantage.

I don't watch the show, I don't agree with all of the guy's comments, and I do agree that A&E has the right to suspend him indefinitely or fire him.  I also believe Homosexuals have a right to over react if they want to and make all the demands they want to.

However, just as homosexuals are saying there are consequences to the guy's exercise of free speech, personal faith and opinions, there are consequences to homosexual's over reactions and demands too, and to A&E meeting those demands.

I read this is, for whatever reason, the most watched, highest grossing, non-fiction TV show in history.  A&E will suffer financially if the show gets canned, but the Duck Dynasty family won't suffer financially.  They were happy, successful and wealthy to begin with, and now they are immensely more wealthy than before.  And they will find other ways to continue to add to their wealth.

I believe the homosexual community may suffer too for over reacting to one stupid man's comments and personal opinions, and for making demands like that.  This show and this family is, for whatever reason, beloved by a giant segment of the US population.  This can't be good for homosexuals' popularity and sympathy. If the homosexuals keep crying wolf like they have been, then when the real wolf shows up...well, you know the rest of the story.  Homosexuals need to learn to pick their battles better.

No Homo.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2013, 07:01:57 AM »
All the usual suspects,

blacken700
Straw Man
Agnostic007
240 is Back

Fucking losers.

I made a list, I made a list!

Edit:

Damn! Just saw who posted it..a nobody who's opinion doesn't matter... back to the drawing board :(

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2013, 07:20:00 AM »
But by early Thursday morning, more than 19,000 people had signed a change.org petition calling for A&E to bring Robertson back.

http://www.change.org/petitions/a-e-networks-end-the-wrongful-suspension-of-phil-robertson

"Homosexuals have their convictions and Christians respect them," the organizer of the petition wrote. "There is a difference between respecting someone rights to exercise free will and imposing on others what we believe. Phil has done nothing more than state what he believes in. Just because homosexuals do not agree, does not mean Mr. Robertson needs to be suspended."

Similarly, the Facebook page "Bring Back Phil Robertson" had more than 35,000 "likes" by early Thursday morning.

Robertson responded to the brouhaha in a statement late Wednesday.

"I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me," he said. "We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity."

"Duck Dynasty" follows a Louisiana bayou family that has "made a fortune on duck calls," as A&E puts it.

According to A&E, its fourth season premiere in August drew nearly 12 million viewers to become the No. 1 nonfiction series telecast in cable history.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/19/showbiz/duck-dynasty-suspension/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Change.org petition calling for A&E to bring Robertson back reached 100,000 signatures in less than 24 hours.
http://www.change.org/petitions/a-e-networks-end-the-wrongful-suspension-of-phil-robertson#news

Change.org petition calling for The Boy Scouts of America to include gay parents reached 50,000 signatures in 7 months.
http://www.change.org/petitions/the-boy-scouts-of-america-will-allow-gay-scouts-now-it-s-time-to-include-gay-parents#news

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2013, 07:31:02 AM »
Change.org petition calling for A&E to bring Robertson back reached 100,000 signatures in less than 24 hours.
http://www.change.org/petitions/a-e-networks-end-the-wrongful-suspension-of-phil-robertson#news

Change.org petition calling for The Boy Scouts of America to include gay parents. reached 50,000 signatures in 7 months.
http://www.change.org/petitions/the-boy-scouts-of-america-will-allow-gay-scouts-now-it-s-time-to-include-gay-parents#news

Not surprising.. vast majority of Americans are uncomfortable with gays. There would have been somewhat strong support for Phil in the south had he opined that slavery was perfectly fine and beating a male or female slave is cool as long as you don't kill them. I think he would have lost most of his support had he opined that if you divorce and remarry for any reason other than fornication you are going to hell...as I know very few CHristians that haven't been married more than once

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2013, 07:33:21 AM »
In 2012 the IRS sent out 4 billion dollars of tax payers money to identity theives and it got way less of an outcry than this.. tells you a little something about us...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2013, 07:33:53 AM »
Not surprising.. vast majority of Americans are uncomfortable with gays. There would have been somewhat strong support for Phil in the south had he opined that slavery was perfectly fine and beating a male or female slave is cool as long as you don't kill them. I think he would have lost most of his support had he opined that if you divorce and remarry for any reason other than fornication you are going to hell...as I know very few CHristians that haven't been married more than once

Or maybe many of those signatures come from supporters of free speech and/or people sick of so many homosexuals demanding special rights and special treatment.  You never know.   :-\

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2013, 07:34:39 AM »
Or maybe many of those signatures come from supporters of free speech and/or people sick of so many homosexuals demanding special rights and special treatment.  You never know.   :-\

Then I would say the supporters of free speech are confused about what the 1st amendment really is

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2013, 07:35:56 AM »
gay sex is fucking gross, i thought this was common knowledge

;D

D bringing some reality.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2013, 07:40:18 AM »
less than 100 yrs ago blacks were treated as almost less than human. Certainly 3rd class citizens. Less than 100 yrs ago women couldn't vote. They had to push and claw to get rights that should have been theirs from the start. Homosexuals as recently as the 70's had to hide their sexuality for fear of being outcast or worse. So I can understand what they are trying to accomplish because we are really too narrow minded and obstinant to see it on our own that they deserve equal treatment and rights. People felt Rosa Parks and MLK were "shoving civil rights" in our faces as well. I think in 50 years our grandchildrens children will look back on these last 30 yrs of gays struggling to be treated equally as we look back on the last 100 for women and minorities.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2013, 07:54:12 AM »
In 2012 the IRS sent out 4 billion dollars of tax payers money to identity theives and it got way less of an outcry than this.. tells you a little something about us...

Exactly right. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2013, 08:27:14 AM »
less than 100 yrs ago blacks were treated as almost less than human. Certainly 3rd class citizens. Less than 100 yrs ago women couldn't vote. They had to push and claw to get rights that should have been theirs from the start. Homosexuals as recently as the 70's had to hide their sexuality for fear of being outcast or worse. So I can understand what they are trying to accomplish because we are really too narrow minded and obstinant to see it on our own that they deserve equal treatment and rights. People felt Rosa Parks and MLK were "shoving civil rights" in our faces as well. I think in 50 years our grandchildrens children will look back on these last 30 yrs of gays struggling to be treated equally as we look back on the last 100 for women and minorities.

Homosexuals are people, and they have rights, and they should have equal rights as any other people. 

No Homo.

The problem is many homosexuals don't want equal rights and/or treatment, they demand special rights and special treatment.

The God of the Bible, whether you believe that stuff or not, clearly disapproves of the Homosexual life style.  Jesus Christ said marriage is between a man and a woman.  So it's perfectly natural for a person who believes that the Bible is the word of God to believe that God disapproves of the Homosexual life style. 

I don't understand why liberals and homosexuals freak out about this and call it "hate speech."

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2013, 08:44:06 AM »
I don't watch the show, I don't agree with all of the guy's comments, and I do agree that A&E has the right to suspend him indefinitely or fire him.  I also believe Homosexuals have a right to over react if they want to and make all the demands they want to.

However, just as homosexuals are saying there are consequences to the guy's exercise of free speech, personal faith and opinions, there are consequences to homosexual's over reactions and demands too, and to A&E meeting those demands.

I read this is, for whatever reason, the most watched, highest grossing, non-fiction TV show in history.  A&E will suffer financially if the show gets canned, but the Duck Dynasty family won't suffer financially.  They were happy, successful and wealthy to begin with, and now they are immensely more wealthy than before.  And they will find other ways to continue to add to their wealth.

I believe the homosexual community may suffer too for over reacting to one stupid man's comments and personal opinions, and for making demands like that.  This show and this family is, for whatever reason, beloved by a giant segment of the US population.  This can't be good for homosexuals' popularity and sympathy. If the homosexuals keep crying wolf like they have been, then when the real wolf shows up...well, you know the rest of the story.  Homosexuals need to learn to pick their battles better.

No Homo.

For the most part...he was talking shit and showing a great deal of disrespect and hostility towards gays and blacks....that's not a Christian value.  He can get lost as well as the rest of his family
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2013, 08:46:01 AM »
For the most part...he was talking shit and showing a great deal of disrespect and hostility towards gays and blacks....that's not a Christian value.  He can get lost as well as the rest of his family

What disrespect did he show to blacks?  Again - I know the truth is something da community rarely wants to hear - but he was right - welfare and govt hand outs destroyed blacks in this country.   

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2013, 08:49:33 AM »

Can you post the interview and quote him exactly where he is showing hostility towards anyone?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2013, 12:23:07 PM »
Can you post the interview and quote him exactly where he is showing hostility towards anyone?

loco, if jesus were alive today, what style would he rock? you think he is a skinny jeans dude? I like to picture him in mc hammer pants, something about the shape and unknown (you have no idea what he's packing, no homo) in those pant.