Author Topic: Former Republican Lawmaker Ashley Henley Found Shot Dead  (Read 166 times)

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
Former Republican Lawmaker Ashley Henley Found Shot Dead
« on: June 15, 2021, 02:36:45 PM »
 ???
https://resistthemainstream.org/former-republican-lawmaker-found-shot-dead/?utm_source=rtmt&utm_medium=rtmt&utm_campaign=rtmt

--

A former Mississippi lawmaker was found shot dead outside the burned home where her sister-in-law was found dead after Christmas.

Ashley Henley, a Republican who served in the state House from January 2016 to January 2020 from a district in DeSoto County, is believed to have been cutting the lawn outside the trailer when she was shot in the back of the head.

The 40-year-old’s sister-in-law Kristina Michelle Jones was found dead in a burnt out trailer at the property in rural Yalobusha County, about 70 miles south of DeSoto County, in December last year, and Henley and her husband Brandon were convinced she was murdered.

Henley was at the property – where the couple have erected a large sign with pictures of Jones picture saying ‘I was Murdered’ as part of their campaign – on Sunday when she was killed.

Her body was found at about 10pm. She leaves behind a 15-year-old son.

Police have not formally linked the two deaths but Brandon Henley said he believed his sister and wife may have been killed by the same person.

He told WJTV: ‘I feel that if something would have been done sooner this would have never happened.’

‘I’d like for [the police] to do their job because this is the second person someone down there has taken from me. My son doesn’t have a mother.’

He also told Fox 13: ‘We were trying to get justice for my sister to find out who killed her and see that person brought to justice and taken to jail. I think that person knew what happened, and killed her.’

Yalobusha County coroner Ronnie Stark told the Commercial Appeal on Monday that the time of Henley’s death had not yet been determined.

Stark told WMC-TV that Henley had been cutting the grass at the property before she was killed.

Assistant District Attorney Steven Jubera said that she had been shot, but did not disclose more detail because they ‘are in the earliest stages of an investigation’. He added that the gunshot was ‘non-accidental’, Mississippi Today reported.

He told the publication: ‘We are going back to square one [on Jones’ case] after receiving an initial Fire Marshal’s report and lab reports. We are looking at that with fresh eyes.’

Jones died just after midnight on Boxing Day last year in the bedroom of the trailer, which was owned by her father. The county’s coroner said there were no signs of gunshot wounds, the Mississippi Free Press reported, and police had not ruled out homicide.

Henley had posted on Facebook about her frustration over the police investigation into Jones’s death.

She wrote in April: ‘We have been silent long enough. For the past three months my family has held ourselves close, grieving in secret, to cooperate with the requests of the Yalobusha County Sheriff’s Department as they proclaimed to be working on the investigation into the murder of my sister-in-law, which occurred at approximately 1.30am on December 26th, 2020.’

Brandon Henley commented on a Facebook post by the North Mississippi Herald today, the Mississippi Free Press reported. He said that Ashley was using a weed eater and was shot in the back of the head, adding that ‘that’s all they have told us at the moment’.

He added that his wife ‘was a great person’, continuing: ‘She had a great heart. She loved helping people, and she was a voice for people who didn’t have a voice.’

Henley was a teacher before she was elected to the state House, and she often took her young son to the state Capitol during legislative sessions.

She sought a second term in November 2019 and lost by 14 votes to a Democrat. Henley challenged the outcome, saying she believed she had found voting irregularities.

A committee in the Republican-controlled House held a hearing and denied Henley’s petition to overturn the election result.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Former Republican Lawmaker Ashley Henley Found Shot Dead
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 04:48:45 PM »
Terrible.