Author Topic: Poll: 80% Of Americans Support Voter ID  (Read 1603 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Poll: 80% Of Americans Support Voter ID
« on: June 22, 2021, 11:22:48 AM »
Looks like the overwhelming majority of the country disagrees with President Biden that Voter ID is "the new Jim Crow" or "Jim Crow on steroids."

Poll: 80% Of Americans Support Voter ID
BY BECKY NOBLE
JUNE 21, 2021
https://thepoliticalinsider.com/poll-80-of-americans-support-voter-id/?utm_source=home-headline-stories

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
Re: Poll: 80% Of Americans Support Voter ID
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 11:34:35 AM »
Creepy Joe wouldn't know logic if hit hit him in the forehead.
Just trying to build their base of losers for future votes. Need a ID for everything, bt not to vote, that would be "racisssssssssssssssst"  ::)

Dumbest kvnts in history these demturds.

Biden-><- Two 'special needs' children

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2021, 11:41:42 AM »
I don't get it.  I don't buy into the arguments.

One of them being... some people can't afford an ID?

Total BS.  We need voter ID period.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2021, 11:49:26 AM »

No way.  How are the Mexicans gonna vote then?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2021, 05:05:18 PM »

They can't vote in the United States of America and neither can you

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 05:10:56 PM »
The US government should create a voter ID and make access to it available in every city in the country

I'd be fine with that

I'm also fine with Manchin's proposal which includes alternative forms of ID such as a utility bill

The fact is that there are people in this country (very poor people and elderly people) who don't have a photo ID and they should not be disenfranchised

In fact, if we actually care about voting in this country we should be looking for ways to expand voter turnout which could include making election day a national holiday

BTW - that same poll showed that 50% want to make vote-by-mail easier and 69% support national guidelines for early voting.

Anyone who is actually against increasing voter turnout should at least have the balls to admit that rather than cloaking themselves in bullshit excuses.   

How about we just have a national voter registry and everyone is added to it the day they turn 18.   

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2021, 12:06:49 AM »

They can and they do

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2021, 02:52:31 AM »
The US government should create a voter ID and make access to it available in every city in the country

I'd be fine with that

I'm also fine with Manchin's proposal which includes alternative forms of ID such as a utility bill

The fact is that there are people in this country (very poor people and elderly people) who don't have a photo ID and they should not be disenfranchised

In fact, if we actually care about voting in this country we should be looking for ways to expand voter turnout which could include making election day a national holiday

BTW - that same poll showed that 50% want to make vote-by-mail easier and 69% support national guidelines for early voting.

Anyone who is actually against increasing voter turnout should at least have the balls to admit that rather than cloaking themselves in bullshit excuses.   

How about we just have a national voter registry and everyone is added to it the day they turn 18.

I have no issue with making it a holiday.

But the ID thing is BS.

You need an ID to do basically anything.

Offer a state issued ID if someone can't afford a license.
Y

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2021, 07:34:52 AM »

Of course we do.  They just want to make it easier to cheat.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2021, 08:37:22 AM »
My drivers license has my photo on it.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2021, 02:40:46 PM »

BS, it's so easy to get rego as fake American !.

Before US election, rego desks were in Sydney,Brisbane,Melbourne,...............

Inform yourself Bob  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2021, 07:25:21 PM »
My drivers license has my photo on it.

*Racist post reported*

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2021, 09:25:31 AM »
I have no issue with making it a holiday.

But the ID thing is BS.

You need an ID to do basically anything.

Offer a state issued ID if someone can't afford a license.

100%. I’d go so far as to give the folks on welfare/fixed incomes some sort of cash rebate to go and get an ID. But, I think all people who are legally eligible to vote should be able to. I just think the absentee voting makes it a little lazy and easier to play the system.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2021, 09:27:55 AM »
100%. I’d go so far as to give the folks on welfare/fixed incomes some sort of cash rebate to go and get an ID. But, I think all people who are legally eligible to vote should be able to. I just think the absentee voting makes it a little lazy and easier to play the system.

Correct on the absentee.

But the ID thing = watch the video of the dude who goes into Harlem asking if people don't have IDs....they basically look at him like he's nuts.  People have IDs.

And, if they don't, the state can give them one.

Very simple.
Y

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2021, 09:35:05 AM »
Let's look at the rest of that poll

I  doubt anyone here would object to expanding early voting and making it more accessible...right?

This gives people plenty of time if they want to vote and would greatly reduce voting day problems if you don't have an ID or some other requirement

I think everyone here is 100% in favor of making sure that every single eligible voter has easy access to voting and is not disenfranchised in any way.

West Long Branch, NJ – Most Americans support both easier access to early voting and requiring photo identification to vote, according to the Monmouth (“Mon-muth”) University Poll. The public is more divided on expanding vote-by-mail, although a majority would like to see some national voting guidelines established for federal elections. The poll also finds that only one-third of the public believes “audits” of the 2020 election results are legitimate efforts to uncover irregularities. Moreover, one-third of Americans continue to believe Joe Biden won the presidency only due to voter fraud – a steady trend since November that underlines the crystallization of our nation’s deep partisan divide.

A large majority (71%) of the public feels in-person early voting should generally be made easier. Just 16% say it should be made harder. Opinion is more divided on voting by mail – 50% say this should be made easier and 39% say it should be made harder. At the same time, fully 4 in 5 Americans (80%) support requiring voters to show photo identification in order to cast a ballot. Just 18% oppose this.

Easing in-person early voting access and requiring photo IDs both have bipartisan majority support. Approval of making early voting easier stands at 89% among Democrats, 68% among independents, and 56% among Republicans. Support for requiring a photo ID to vote stands at 62% among Democrats, 87% among independents, and 91% among Republicans. Only Democrats back making voting by mail easier to do, with 84% supporting this idea compared to just 40% of independents and 26% of Republicans.

More than 2 in 3 Americans (69%) support establishing national guidelines to allow vote-by-mail and in-person early voting in federal elections in every state. Just 25% oppose this idea. Support for establishing national voting guidelines on these issues comes from 92% of Democrats, 63% of independents, and 51% of Republicans.

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/monmouthpoll_us_062121/

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2021, 09:43:57 AM »

Good point.

They require voter ID verified with a thumb print to vote in Mexico.

Go figure.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2021, 09:47:23 AM »

I'd be fine with that

How about we don't. It's not that hard to register to vote.

Basically, you're just abdicating for the lazy. Every election in which I've voted (even when I didn't have a car), I was able to EASILY get to a polling station and vote ON TIME, usually after I got off work.

We don't need a national holiday nor do people need to be forced to register, because next thing you'll want to force people to vote.

A utility bill is ridiculous, at least as a primary form of ID. In Florida, you can use a utility bill to prove your residency BUT it's in addition to a photo ID. You can't use a bill by itself.

I even got to vote in 2016 in Florida, even while using my Missouri driver's license, because I had my voter registration card and my light bill, proving I lived at my house in Orlando.

We got poor and elderly people with cell phones (the size of candy bars) with which they can call anyone on the face of this earth.

Their monthly bill likely COSTS MORE MONEY than a one-time fee for a photo ID (what is it, $15 or $20?) and it lasts for YEARS.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2021, 09:50:22 AM »
How about we don't. It's not that hard to register to vote.

Basically, you're just abdicating for the lazy. Every election in which I've voted (even when I didn't have a car), I was able to EASILY get to a polling station and vote ON TIME, usually after I got off work.

We don't need a national holiday nor do people need to be forced to register, because next thing you'll want to force people to vote.

A utility bill is ridiculous, at least as a primary form of ID. In Florida, you can use a utility bill to prove your address BUT it's in addition to a photo ID. You can't use a bill by itself.

We got poor and elderly people with cell phones (the size of candy bars) with which they can call anyone on the face of this earth.

Their monthly bill likely COSTS MORE MONEY than a one-time fee for a photo ID (what is it, $15 or $20?) and it lasts for YEARS.

Exactly, the whole "they can't afford it, don't have the time, don't have transportation" is a huge pile of crap

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2021, 10:02:50 AM »
Exactly, the whole "they can't afford it, don't have the time, don't have transportation" is a huge pile of crap

total bullshit

many people don't have a car and depend on public transportation to get to work...and everywhere else
many of those same people work multiple jobs at crazy hours just to survive and they are often single parents
no car often mean no drivers license (i.e. photo ID) - btw some states are proposing TWO FORMS of ID to request a mail in ballot.

there are plenty of people (such as Native Americans) who don't have an ID and sometimes not even a permanent residence

Just because you can't imagine how difficult it must be to show up on a certain date and stand in line for hours doesn't mean it's not a HUGE BARRIER for many others in this country

Who is going to get disenfranchised....?

It's always going to be people that are low income or at/below the poverty level.   Those are the ones that will have all the issues that I've mentioned above and they have just as much right to easy access to vote as every other eligible voter in this country.   

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2021, 10:11:19 AM »
total bullshit

many people don't have a car and depend on public transportation to get to work...and everywhere else
many of those same people work multiple jobs at crazy hours just to survive and they are often single parents
no car often mean no drivers license (i.e. photo ID) - btw some states are proposing TWO FORMS of ID to request a mail in ballot.

I didn't have a car when I first voted. I took the bus to work. All you need is a bus schedule to find out which one goes near your polling precinct, as I did. It turned out it was faster for me to walk there from my house. So I did.

there are plenty of people (such as Native Americans) who don't have an ID and sometimes not even a permanent residence

Just because you can't imagine how difficult it must be to show up on a certain date and stand in line for hours doesn't mean it's not a HUGE BARRIER for many others in this country
You don't need a driver's license, just a photo ID, which the DMV issues easily (and is cheaper, obviously, than a driver's license). Heck, it was at least 5 years between the time I got my license and the time I got my first car.

If you can't show up in person, you should have to cough up two forms of ID. I voted absentee multiple times during my military career. The standards are the same; it's just that for the military, the leg work has already been done.

It ain't hard to vote. These so-called reforms are nothing more than getting as many illegal votes as possible to benefit one party.

Notice we didn't have any trouble in Florida, even with early voting, in getting our state called in a timely matter.......especially once DeSantis got rid of those two clowns in the two areas where voter fraud was like clockwork: Broward and Palm Beach County.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2021, 10:15:20 AM »
I didn't have a car when I first voted. I took the bus to work. All you need is a bus schedule to find out which one goes near your polling precinct, as I did. It turned out it was faster for me to walk there from my house. So I did.

If you can't show up in person, you should have to cough up two forms of ID. I voted absentee multiple times during my military career. The standards are the same; it's just that for the military, the leg work has already been done.

It ain't hard to vote. These so-called reforms are nothing more than getting as many illegal votes as possible to benefit one party.

Notice we didn't have any trouble in Florida, even with early voting, in getting our state called in a timely matter.......especially once DeSantis got rid of those two clowns in the two areas where voter fraud was like clockwork: Broward and Palm Beach County.

Just because you were able to get time off work and take a bus to vote doesn't mean everyone has that same access

where did you live ...a major metropolitan area or did you live in a rural area

Did you take time off work or did you have the day off

Once you arrived at the voting location how many hours did you stand in line

Did you have kids that you needed to take care of

Etc...

BTW - I've lived at my address for 20 years and I only have one form of photo ID (my passport is expired or I would have two)

I'm fine with "ID's" as long as there is a long list of acceptable alternatives such as a utility bill or something (I realize that is not a photo ID but many people don't have one and that's just a fact)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2021, 10:27:19 AM »
Let's not forget the elderly who often are house bound, don't have the required ID's, etc

Here an example of the father of a rich and famous guy who wasn't going to be able to vote because he didn't have the required ID but in his case the Department of Transportation saw the rich/famous son's tweet and reached out to the father

Good luck to those who don't have rich/famous kids

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/jim-cramers-dad-saved-voter-id-issues-flna993141

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2021, 11:22:19 AM »
Let's not forget the elderly who often are house bound, don't have the required ID's, etc

Here an example of the father of a rich and famous guy who wasn't going to be able to vote because he didn't have the required ID but in his case the Department of Transportation saw the rich/famous son's tweet and reached out to the father

Good luck to those who don't have rich/famous kids

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/jim-cramers-dad-saved-voter-id-issues-flna993141
Elderly people have to have ID to have a bank account or to cash a social security check.  They also have ID to use Medicare.  This is pure democrat myth.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2021, 11:23:26 AM »
Just because you were able to get time off work and take a bus to vote doesn't mean everyone has that same access

where did you live ...a major metropolitan area or did you live in a rural area

I'd hardly call St. Petersburg a major metropolitan area. But, it ain't the sticks, either.

Did you take time off work or did you have the day off

Neither. I voted when I got off work, as I've done nearly every election since then. Election Day is (supposed to be, at least) on a Tuesday.

Once you arrived at the voting location how many hours did you stand in line

0.083 hours (that's 5 minutes ;D). I got there at a quarter to 7; left there just before 7.....and that's in a predominantly black neighborhood, no less.

Did you have kids that you needed to take care of

First time I voted? No. Subsequent elections, sure. But, I either took my kids with me (and left them in the car) or my wife had them.

BTW - I've lived at my address for 20 years and I only have one form of photo ID (my passport is expired or I would have two)

I'm fine with "ID's" as long as there is a long list of acceptable alternatives such as a utility bill or something (I realize that is not a photo ID but many people don't have one and that's just a fact)

Again, photo IDs ain't that costly. You can get them at the DMV for $20 max. The poor folks about whom you lament usually already have them and use them to do numerous things from purchasing alcohol and cigarettes to cashing checks and entering night clubs.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2021, 11:47:37 AM »
total bullshit

Who is going to get disenfranchised....?

It's always going to be people that are low income or at/below the poverty level.   Those are the ones that will have all the issues that I've mentioned above and they have just as much right to easy access to vote as every other eligible voter in this country.

I don't disagree that changes can be made to voting locations and availability.  I kind of like the national voting day thing.  It could potentially change the current culture to that of participation. But I do not buy into changing things because people can't get it together enough to have a photo ID or that they can't afford it.  It's complete nonsense.

We can't continue to lower our standards to accommodate the lowest common denominators, because all we are doing is becoming co-dependent on their poor choices.