Getbig Female Info Boards > Womens Physique, Bodybuilding, Wellness and Training

Which competitors would you like to see compete in bodybuilding

<< < (2/2)

Jodi:
I agree; I would like to see Sheron back in bodybuilding as well.

I made the switch for myself, to make myself happy.  But I also knew that I could maybe show other figure competitors that a natural competitor can step onto a bodybuilding stage--at the national level--and hold her own while having fun, including the glitz and glamour and make up and hair primping of the figure realm.  There are so many figure girls with terrific conditioning and great muscularity, but they are being penalized in the figure division because of the changing standard.

I believe in 2007 we will see a mass exodus of these girls, and they will switch into fitness or bodybuilding.  Look at Lisa Bickels, who switched back.  Diana Tinnelle made a switch at the USA's.  The list will grow.  I think girls will quit caring about their placings and instead become concerned with whether they are having fun, making the most of the money they spend in this industry, and remain true to themselves.

I sincerely hope that the initial look of women's bodybuilding will make a comeback.  There is room in bodybuilding for several trends, so let's make a valiant effort to bring back the eighties' trend back.

Blockhead:

--- Quote from: Jodi on November 24, 2006, 10:38:21 AM ---I agree; I would like to see Sheron back in bodybuilding as well.

I made the switch for myself, to make myself happy.  But I also knew that I could maybe show other figure competitors that a natural competitor can step onto a bodybuilding stage--at the national level--and hold her own while having fun, including the glitz and glamour and make up and hair primping of the figure realm.  There are so many figure girls with terrific conditioning and great muscularity, but they are being penalized in the figure division because of the changing standard.

I believe in 2007 we will see a mass exodus of these girls, and they will switch into fitness or bodybuilding.  Look at Lisa Bickels, who switched back.  Diana Tinnelle made a switch at the USA's.  The list will grow.  I think girls will quit caring about their placings and instead become concerned with whether they are having fun, making the most of the money they spend in this industry, and remain true to themselves.

I sincerely hope that the initial look of women's bodybuilding will make a comeback.  There is room in bodybuilding for several trends, so let's make a valiant effort to bring back the eighties' trend back.

--- End quote ---
Very true and good post, Jodi-Jo-Jo!

At the end of the day it comes down to the JUDGES. The split second they start rewarding girl(s) who came in a little bigger...and a little bigger...and a little more ripped...and just a little bit more hard...then it all will go downhill again.

I'd like to see Emmanuella Pintus come to the states and hold women's bodybuilding ransom. 

Jodi:
No.  It comes down to the girls, Blockhead.  The competitors have the control...not the judges.  Sandy Ranalli has stated over and over that they judge according to what shows up on that day.  Lee Thompson stated this in a meeting prior to the Europa.  We, as competitors, provide the physiques.  The judges must select accordingly.

Never, never, never think that the competitors don't have the power.  As soon as that thought process starts, then the girls really do lose the control over the direction of this industry.

And I too would like to see Emmanuela return to bodybuilding.  Many of the Canadian figure athletes could easily step onto a bodybuilding stage, and the only prep work they would need is the removal of their heels.

Blockhead:

--- Quote from: Jodi on November 24, 2006, 11:20:57 AM ---No.  It comes down to the girls, Blockhead.  The competitors have the control...not the judges.  Sandy Ranalli has stated over and over that they judge according to what shows up on that day.  Lee Thompson stated this in a meeting prior to the Europa.  We, as competitors, provide the physiques.  The judges must select accordingly.

Never, never, never think that the competitors don't have the power.  As soon as that thought process starts, then the girls really do lose the control over the direction of this industry.

And I too would like to see Emmanuela return to bodybuilding.  Many of the Canadian figure athletes could easily step onto a bodybuilding stage, and the only prep work they would need is the removal of their heels.

--- End quote ---
I never looked at it that way...

I reckon you are right. I guess what I mean is humans by nature are so competitive that it only takes ONE girl who will want it a little bit more and they will dabble with 'this' a little bit to slightly 'edge out' their competition and then the next girl will 'dabble' and the next girl...then the first girl will slightly 'up it' a little and then everyone is back at square-1.

It will be hard pressed for all the girls to hold true to what is right and not right...that's just the nature of the athlete. Unless every show is heavily tested then again..what do I know...I'm just an armchair quaterback asshole. I do admire you for your passion and your quest to bring 'balance' back to the 'Force' of women's BB. I genuinely hope you and the other girls can do it. No reason why womens BB can't be HUGE like it was at one time. Girls like you, THE BEAST, Sheron and Pintus can clear the path for many girls who haven't even picked up a weight yet. Most girls I know want to do FIGURE because they 'fear' what might have to be done to compete seriously in the BB arena.

Keep fighting the good fight and keep on rockin in the free world, Jodi-JoJo-Jo!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version