Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Religious Debates & Threads

Prayer and Religion in Public Life

<< < (169/195) > >>

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: Agnostic007 on June 14, 2022, 12:03:40 AM ---I'm not sure how many times I have stated here that I have no interest in changing peoples beliefs but I'll wager a years abstinence from this site that is its more than once. If you are up to the bet.. if not.. then lets move on.... it was NOT a loaded question.. either you believe the bible or you don't
When you start cherry picking whats real and what's fiction you are really admitting it is all up for grabs... I'm simply a realist... I agree with you about all the parts you think are fiction.. we just disagree on the rest

--- End quote ---

You're being disingenuous.  You are seriously telling me there aren't numerous parables in the Bible, particularly those told by Jesus in the New Testament?  It's not cherry picking anything to understand that parts of the Bible contain fictional stories, told for the purpose of making a particular point. 

The cool thing about being a Christian is you never lose the power of choice.  That power includes some Christians who interpret things differently than other Christians.  Nothing wrong with that.   

Agnostic007:

--- Quote from: Dos Equis on June 14, 2022, 01:58:42 PM ---You're being disingenuous.  You are seriously telling me there aren't numerous parables in the Bible, particularly those told by Jesus in the New Testament?  It's not cherry picking anything to understand that parts of the Bible contain fictional stories, told for the purpose of making a particular point. 

The cool thing about being a Christian is you never lose the power of choice.  That power includes some Christians who interpret things differently than other Christians.  Nothing wrong with that.   

--- End quote ---

It's also the cool thing about believing in any religion, psychic, flat earth, 911 conspiracy or any conspiracy for that matter. The truth is what your opinion happens to be... nothing wrong with that either I guess

Humble Narcissist:
Watched a Youtube video from Eric Dubay titled Jesus Christ Never Existed. Too lazy to post it. Very interesting perspective.

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: Agnostic007 on June 17, 2022, 09:45:20 PM ---It's also the cool thing about believing in any religion, psychic, flat earth, 911 conspiracy or any conspiracy for that matter. The truth is what your opinion happens to be... nothing wrong with that either I guess

--- End quote ---

The "truth" is how you interpret whatever you're reading.  Two people can read the same thing and come to diametrically opposed interpretations.  That's not limited to the Bible.  That's life in general.  It's one of the things that makes life interesting. 

Why do you think we have courts?  Because people disagree over written text.  We often get split decisions from the U.S. Supreme Court all the time (including today). 

Humble Narcissist:

--- Quote from: Dos Equis on June 21, 2022, 03:22:32 PM ---The "truth" is how you interpret whatever you're reading.  Two people can read the same thing and come to diametrically opposed interpretations.  That's not limited to the Bible.  That's life in general.  It's one of the things that makes life interesting. 

Why do you think we have courts?  Because people disagree over written text.  We often get split decisions from the U.S. Supreme Court all the time (including today).

--- End quote ---
This is why there are so many denominations. They all have verses in the Bible that "prove" they are right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version