Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Sports Discussion Boards

Niners

<< < (60/99) > >>

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: Humble Narcissist on September 13, 2022, 03:14:30 AM ---Everybody says that but I don't see it.

--- End quote ---

I think the people who say it are probably the ones who have watched them both play. 

Humble Narcissist:

--- Quote from: Dos Equis on September 15, 2022, 12:24:19 AM ---I think the people who say it are probably the ones who have watched them both play.

--- End quote ---
Really? Garoppolo has taken the Niners to the Super Bowl and another NFC Championship game where they lost by 1 play. Lance struggles to complete any pass over 15 or 20 yards downfield. I doubt Lance will ever top Jimmy G. There is a reason why the Niners kept him as a backup even with his high salary.

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: Humble Narcissist on September 15, 2022, 12:37:27 AM ---Really? Garoppolo has taken the Niners to the Super Bowl and another NFC Championship game where they lost by 1 play. Lance struggles to complete any pass over 15 or 20 yards downfield. I doubt Lance will ever top Jimmy G. There is a reason why the Niners kept him as a backup even with his high salary.

--- End quote ---

Jimmy G is a good QB.  No denying his success with the Niners.  But he does have at least 2 or 3 WTF throws every game.  And he is not good at throwing the ball down the field.  That's partly why they lost the Super Bowl.  Had Emmanuel Sanders wide open deep for what could have been a game changing TD.  Missed him. 

Trey Lance will be much better at opening up and stretching the field.  I think he will have better ball security than Jimmy G.  Much stronger arm.  Much more mobile.  Much faster.  As Shanahan has been saying, he forces the D to play 11 on 11 because of his mobility. 

The reason they kept Jimmy G is they could not find a trade partner, he took a huge haircut with his salary, and he is a good QB.  Definitely one of the best backup QBs in the league.  Good move by the Niners. 

Humble Narcissist:
Lance out for the year. It's a good thing they still have Jimmy G. If SF had listened to Colin Cowherd and other sports media people and traded Jimmy G, they'd be fucked.

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: Humble Narcissist on September 19, 2022, 01:25:33 AM ---Lance out for the year. It's a good thing they still have Jimmy G. If SF had listened to Colin Cowherd and other sports media people and traded Jimmy G, they'd be fucked.

--- End quote ---

I am so bummed.  Glad to have Jimmy G, but man I was really hoping to see how good Lance could be in this offense. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version