Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Religious Debates & Threads

Joel Olsteen packets 4 million from Covid relief for small businesses

<< < (2/6) > >>

Humble Narcissist:

--- Quote from: AbrahamG on January 05, 2021, 03:54:51 PM ---It's not just him.  It's any and all of them fuckers.  Absolutely, they should be taxed.  All of them.

--- End quote ---
Should all non profits be taxed as well?

AbrahamG:

--- Quote from: Humble Narcissist on January 13, 2021, 10:16:33 AM ---Should all non profits be taxed as well?

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure.  But my gut says no, all non profits should not be taxed.  I'm no expert in this field but I think non profits have to go public with their records.  Not sure churches have the same accountability. 

Humble Narcissist:

--- Quote from: AbrahamG on January 13, 2021, 04:32:45 PM ---I'm not sure.  But my gut says no, all non profits should not be taxed.  I'm no expert in this field but I think non profits have to go public with their records.  Not sure churches have the same accountability.

--- End quote ---
Churches don't pay tax on their increase but Joel Osteen and any other pastor is required to pay on the income they are given by the church.  Any employee of the church pays tax just like anyone at a private or public company.  I don't think most people on here realize that.

Agnostic007:

--- Quote from: Humble Narcissist on January 14, 2021, 02:28:03 AM ---Churches don't pay tax on their increase but Joel Osteen and any other pastor is required to pay on the income they are given by the church.  Any employee of the church pays tax just like anyone at a private or public company.  I don't think most people on here realize that.

--- End quote ---

That's an interesting point. But having a little experience will an LLC I can imagine there are a million ways to funnel the income to Joel and avoid additional taxes.. Expense accounts etc..

Humble Narcissist:

--- Quote from: Agnostic007 on January 15, 2021, 12:05:48 AM ---That's an interesting point. But having a little experience will an LLC I can imagine there are a million ways to funnel the income to Joel and avoid additional taxes.. Expense accounts etc..

--- End quote ---
He can probably lease a car through the church and the church could own the house as well.  The problem is that the board of directors could vote him out and he would have nothing.  I'm sure he gets audited every year as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version