Author Topic: A quick comment about the current state of the GET BIG board  (Read 10741 times)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Re: A quick comment about the current state of the GET BIG board
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2009, 07:24:22 AM »
In my humble opinion, the GET BIG board has sadly became a lot of "infighting" between board regulars.
Granted, soome funny,clever stuff was always welcome and enjoyed.
This is a bodybuilding board ( or it should be) . Most of us ( me included) are not "names" in the sport.
We should post on BB related topics, not about what member looks "more gay" in some obscure pic.
Why? Other than the folks directly involved in the feud, it is of little interest to 99% of everyone else on the board. I realize this will most likely  fall on deaf ears, with the some presently here at GET BIG.
I only bother posting it out of respect for Ron and what he started years ago with GET BIG.
The reality is that the endless  silly, lame posts "drown out" any bodybuilding or really funny posts .
Granted , a few members have fun with the silly game while the majority of real BB fans get left out.
I remain hopeful for a change here but not too optimistic.
Howard, age 50 in Ga, a long time bodybuilder and genuine fan of the sport.

You aren't going to change anything here by preaching to anyone, no matter what sense you make, Howard. This place is a free for all where the game is to try and outdo each other or just be what you can never be in the real world. So go ahead and post what you want, but stop saying what you think everyone else should do, cause it's not going to do anything other than making some of the folks here break your balls with more insults and such.

P.S: Is something wrong with my computer or did you actually forget to post the pic of you flexing your arm in front of the cruise ship? :o

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2009, 07:25:14 AM »
same old board....just new schmoes & goatboy still in the closet

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2009, 07:33:00 AM »
last few days some credibility surfaced with some good threads such as post your legs and back threads .some good posters had some really good clear pics presented,and proved that get big 4 could or should be better than it is,a lot of good builds are not doing it for some reason.

HugeAl

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2009, 07:39:25 AM »
It sucks because Alex23 has managed to stalk all the funny posters off the site and is now the dominant poster on here, that really tells you how far things have fallen.

Place is full of turbo-posting cyber geeks like Webcke and and Ron Paul Fan who basically lick his ass and start dumb threads.

It's going through a bad time. The Nasser Nights thread has been the best thing on here for a few years imo.

io856

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2009, 03:47:01 PM »
It sucks because Alex23 has managed to stalk all the funny posters off the site and is now the dominant poster on here, that really tells you how far things have fallen.

Place is full of turbo-posting cyber geeks like Webcke and and Ron Paul Fan who basically lick his ass and start dumb threads.

hahahahahahaha

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2009, 06:33:28 PM »

It's going through a bad time. The Nasser Nights thread has been the best thing on here for a few years imo.

Yes, thankfully getbig has you here, "HugeAl". You have provided countless amounts of humour to the boards.......
No doubt about it...

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2009, 07:20:30 PM »
Nice post, thanks ;)

FYI, Obviously, this is waste of my time at this point and I would be an even bigger retard to keep at it.
If you guys (and Ron ) are happy with the current get big site, then fine, have at it.
Obviously, at this point, my kind of posts and BB interests are not part of the scene here.
I plan on going to the Olympia this yr, continue judging  area NPC shows and enjoying BB as my lifelong hobby.
Take care and keep pumping, maybe we will meet at a contest somewhere.
Sincerely, Howard in Ga

Why would you post pics of yourself when you look like you have down syndrome?
P

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2009, 08:08:53 PM »
STFU Howard, no one here gives a shit about your opinion. If you keep it up I will have to send Chris Hanson over to your house to question you about your lust for girls of a "questionable" age.
I am a big baby

Big Mark C

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2009, 10:50:55 PM »
Why would you post pics of yourself when you look like you have down syndrome?

lol ;D

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2009, 10:47:50 AM »
In my humble opinion, the GET BIG board has sadly became a lot of "infighting" between board regulars.
This is a bodybuilding board ( or it should be) . Most of us ( me included) are not "names" in the sport.
We should post on BB related topics, not about what member looks "more gay" in some obscure pic.
Why? Other than the folks directly involved in the feud, it is of little interest to 99% of everyone else on the board. I realize this will most likely  fall on deaf ears, with the some presently here at GET BIG.
I only bother posting it out of respect for Ron and what he started years ago with GET BIG.
The reality is that the endless  silly, lame posts "drown out" any bodybuilding or really funny posts .
Granted , a few members have fun with the silly game while the majority of real BB fans get left out.

Agreed. Bottom line most of the trolling, gay and owning crap got old a looong time ago,  is especially uninteresting because it's unfunny, lacks wit and is largely generating by non-lifting geeks. Most don't seem to lift here, which is funny but pathetic.

Essentially it's up to Ron and other mods to show that there's a limit to the lameness. BB stuff and/or something funny would be a nice change and would help getbig get it's edge back.

t sucks because Alex23 has managed to stalk all the funny posters off the site and is now the dominant poster on here, that really tells you how far things have fallen.

Exactly, you've got bottom-feeders ensuring that getbig's jumped the shark.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2009, 11:13:38 AM »

Although there are some problems with the board lately, like people being a bit too obsessed with how some dude looked on a stage 20 years ago or whatever, what you are suggesting would kill the board. Most regulars are not here to talk about bodybuilding, although contrary to popular opinion I do think most regulars do workout. Most people come here for the humor, the fighting, to shoot the shit etc. There are strait laced bodybuilding boards out there(at least that's what I hear), maybe you should go to one of them?
E

Reign Down

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • http://www.sickipedia.org/
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2009, 02:28:19 PM »

hahahahahhahaa

ta ta
Ta ta nerds!