Author Topic: There is something I would like to address  (Read 133820 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
There is something I would like to address
« on: August 22, 2015, 04:24:07 AM »
A guy doesn't post for a few days, and people think he is dead, in jail, or become a male prostitute  :D

What I would like to tell Getbig, is that I will no longer be modding the MMA subforum nor updating the history thread.

Bottom line, is that I feel all mods should have access to the mod's only section.  So Ron can trust someone to run a subforum, but not to have access to a section called "The mod board"?  I have been told in the past, that the reason why only (7-8) people have access, is because of trust issues with some of the former mods.  If you can't/don't trust someone, don't make them a mod in the first place.

So last weekend, I asked if I could have access to the mod board. I was told "Its not going to happen" and that "There are many mods that don't have access".  That is why I have no problem giving up my mod spot on the MMA board.  I see no use in being a fake moderator.  What is the purpose of a moderator forum, if the majority of the mods on Getbig are locked out of it? In my opinion, all of the mods should be involved in the meetings and group discussions, and if you do not trust them to do that, then they shouldn't be mods in the first place.

No hard feelings, I just do not want to waste my time.  Thanks for the opportunity regardless.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
Re: There is something I would like to address
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 04:26:11 AM »
Get a life. Nobody cares.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 04:29:05 AM »
So basically you're sulking. You don't need access to the mod board to be able to effectively mod the MMA board.

Maybe they made the right call not to allow access to someone who can't be bothered to moderate without the unnecessary perks.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 04:30:05 AM »
Childish tantrum

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 04:35:09 AM »
Hahaha.....I am not going to get sucked into the baiting. I saw the mod spot on the MMA forum as "a foot in the door" opportunity. When I found out that it was basically a dead end position, then I decided it wasn't for me.

I have nothing against any of the moderators here. It is how they choose to run things, and they have the right to do so.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 04:36:57 AM »
Perhaps, had you done a quiet and competent job and not continually harped on getting access, you would have eventually achieved your goal.

But, no.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 04:42:13 AM »
Hahaha.....I am not going to get sucked into the baiting. I saw the mod spot on the MMA forum as "a foot in the door" opportunity. When I found out that it was basically a dead end position, then I decided it wasn't for me.

I have nothing against any of the moderators here. It is how they choose to run things, and they have the right to do so.

Not trolling or baiting, serious question. You mention foot in the door and dead end position. Where did you think that position was going to take you?? It is a insignificant message board not a Fortune 500 Company. It is nothing you can put on a resume or impress a woman. I am just curious.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 04:42:44 AM »
Perhaps, had you done a quiet and competent job and not continually harped on getting access, you would have eventually achieved your goal.

But, no.
I don't think so. There have been guys like Man Of Steel, bigmc etc..... who have been mods for years, and still do not have access.

MOS didn't even know the section existed  :D

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2015, 04:43:58 AM »

Yea it's not really a 'position' more like a trolling opportunity where you can change someone else's post and have a good laugh about it with the other trolls.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 04:49:09 AM »
Not trolling or baiting, serious question. You mention foot in the door and dead end position. Where did you think that position was going to take you?? It is a insignificant message board not a Fortune 500 Company. It is nothing you can put on a resume or impress a woman. I am just curious.
To gain access to the mod board, where I thought I could be part of some of the decisions, discussions, and improvements to help make the board I have been visiting for 10+ years, a better place.

Also, the goal was to become a mod on the General topics or the G&O.

You obviously have to take into account that we are talking about an internet message board.  I realize that it doesn't mean shit in the grand scheme of life  :D

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2015, 04:51:57 AM »
Yea it's not really a 'position' more like a trolling opportunity where you can change someone else's post and have a good laugh about it with the other trolls.

I would never do something like that. I would have been a very good mod. Some people might not have liked that notion.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2015, 04:57:03 AM »
I don't think so. There have been guys like Man Of Steel, bigmc etc..... who have been mods for years, and still do not have access.

MOS didn't even know the section existed  :D

So, it's clear then that you aren't being singled out...why are you stomping your feet and holding your breath again?

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2015, 04:58:32 AM »
I would never do something like that. I would have been a very good mod. Some people might not have liked that notion.

But you're a drunk. How can you be expected to make rational decisions when baked on cheap cider?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2015, 05:01:51 AM »
So, it's clear then that you aren't being singled out...why are you stomping your feet and holding your breath again?
I am just giving my opinion. Didn't say I was being singled out.

I do not want to be a moderator without mod board access. It's like being a coach of a team, and never being allowed to attend the meetings.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2015, 05:03:02 AM »
But you're a drunk. How can you be expected to make rational decisions when baked on cheap cider?
Have not had a CYP of alcohol in 10 months.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2015, 05:08:39 AM »

I do not want to be a moderator without mod board access. It's like being a coach of a team, and never being allowed to attend the meetings.

You have to earn that privilege not demand it. It might take years to gain the respect of the majority of the posters here.

We can imagine what is discussed on the mod forum! They wouldn't want to risk those discussions being distributed to all and sundry. Not

implying that you can't be trusted, but I imagine they discuss a lot of delicate matters re people and it might be embarrassing if leaks were released.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2015, 05:14:56 AM »
Have not had a CYP of alcohol in 10 months.

Then you have little experience with such matters. Which is rather strange you being an acoholic. You've managed, for the time being, to removed the triggers from your life. It will return at some point and so will the bottles. It's fact.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2015, 05:19:39 AM »
You have to earn that privilege not demand it. It might take years to gain the respect of the majority of the posters here.

We can imagine what is discussed on the mod forum! They wouldn't want to risk those discussions being distributed to all and sundry. Not

implying that you can't be trusted, but I imagine they discuss a lot of delicate matters re people and it might be embarrassing if leaks were released.

I agree, but maybe they should think about giving future mods access when they are "chosen" to be mods. In theory,  You should have already proven yourself trustworthy for Ron to agree to make you a mod in the first place.

In my case, I got the hint when I was told "that its not going to happen" and that there are many mods who have not had access for years.

So does it really come down to just trust? I think they like the fact that there is a private board with only 7-8 people  :D

Besides, they would have to erase a ton of threads complaining about me, before I got there  ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2015, 05:23:19 AM »

You`ve got a good point there,than again Vince Basile makes a good counterpoint.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2015, 05:26:34 AM »
You`ve got a good point there,than again Vince Basile makes a good counterpoint.
I am glad that you are here Wes. I was wondering if you could clear up some speculation for me? Did you ever have access to the mod forum? If so, did you ever leak info from that board to GH15?

Is this one of the "trust issues" that they are talking about?

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2015, 05:28:26 AM »
I actually agree with shizzo here

ive not got access cause princess l doesn't like me

grape  calving chaos and omr all said I could have access

but she blocked it "stating non mod like behaviour"

considering the way chaos and grape troll people just as hard as me

massive double standards
T

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2015, 05:30:12 AM »

The actual coaching should be more important than meetings. Unless the coaching is fueled by an ulterior motive.

Did you want to be a mod, or be in an exclusive club?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2015, 05:31:14 AM »
You homos should take your beefs to the mod's board  :D

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2015, 05:32:19 AM »

grape  calving chaos and omr all said I could have access

massive double standards

Uncle Joon

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2015, 05:32:56 AM »

grape  calving chaos and omr all said I could have access

massive double standards

No actually it was cos you were proven to be running gimmick and IP checks showed you were behind the DOA account attacking and stalking people talking to yourself all day and releasing personal information under gimmicks which is not only breaking site rules but unmodly and ungentlemanly behaviour.