Author Topic: What home security system to choose from?  (Read 3931 times)

Pasita

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
What home security system to choose from?
« on: January 21, 2021, 01:02:42 AM »
Hello guys! I need your serious recommendation regarding a home security system to choose. I have recently moved from my parents' house, so now I live alone. There are no robbery protection devices here, so I want to install a reliable professional system that will work for many years. My Dad told me to choose it by myself. I think I need a trustworthy professional system with high-quality products. I know about the Ajax company that produces modern and progressive things. What can you recommend me?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: What home security system to choose from?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 03:14:26 PM »
Hello guys! I need your serious recommendation regarding a home security system to choose. I have recently moved from my parents' house, so now I live alone. There are no robbery protection devices here, so I want to install a reliable professional system that will work for many years. My Dad told me to choose it by myself. I think I need a trustworthy professional system with high-quality products. I know about the Ajax company that produces modern and progressive things. What can you recommend me?

Can't help you. I've never had a mechanical or electronic security system. I've always had at least one or two dogs. I have also never been robbed in all of 76 years. These days, there is almost never a time when someone isn't home and not forgetting about all my neighbors with watchful eyes.

I guess having a security system depends on where you live, how likely you are to be robbed and how paranoid you are that this might happen.

Why did your dad not give you advice on this if it of a concern to you?

evacnam

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 08:21:52 PM »
bat
aluminum
Easton

Sissysquats

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 05:28:44 AM »
Four ring cameras around the perimeter with a ring doorbell cam. Easy install, records events
Perimeter security through a local provider. Door-window-motion. Install was free, 20 bucks a month monitoring.
Guns

I feel that pretty much covers it

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2021, 10:51:37 AM »
Can't help you. I've never had a mechanical or electronic security system. I've always had at least one or two dogs. I have also never been robbed in all of 76 years. These days, there is almost never a time when someone isn't home and not forgetting about all my neighbors with watchful eyes.

I guess having a security system depends on where you live, how likely you are to be robbed and how paranoid you are that this might happen.

Why did your dad not give you advice on this if it of a concern to you?
A dog is the best security system.  Almost no one will break in if they know you have one or hear it when they approach the house.

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2021, 08:44:52 AM »
ring

lol

epic china surveillance

Herness

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2022, 03:19:29 PM »
I need a new security system too by the end of this months. Read some good comments about Protection One? Anyone had an experience with them?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2022, 05:44:38 PM »
Three barking dogs and vigilant neighbors seem to do the trick nicely. Living in a small city with a great police force and a practically non-existent crime rate doesn't hurt either. With 4 generations and 5 adults in one house, there is almost always someone here.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2022, 03:29:21 PM »
Dogs with good hearing and a loud bark make for an excellent security system. Most would be crooks don't want to mess with aggressive canines so they'll rob your neighbor who has house cats instead,