Author Topic: Power Lifting  (Read 23082 times)

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
Re: Power Lifting
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2009, 10:41:23 AM »

300lbs  8)

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2009, 07:48:02 PM »
Frantz's gym is a hardcore place.  I think he started the APF?

Would be nice to have a monolift to squat, but your right Beast if you be needing to walk the squat out then by all means you should train that way.  It is hard to do the walk outs, I hurt myself most then and I squat puny weights.  Have learned to not have to look down at my feet before squatting cause that sometimes hurt my back.

Beast has a thick, athletic build in the offseason, looks like she can be pretty strong, she can leg press more than Blockhead............LOL J/K Block if he still reads this  ;D
i have to check out Frantz gym. live about 1/2hr from there.

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2009, 10:43:13 PM »
really?  It is a crazy place.  You should come train at Lance's Gym which is on the south side of the city.  That is where I decided to train and I am there on Monday and Wednesday nights as well as late morning and afternoon on Saturdays.  I love it there!!
Jennifer

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2009, 04:44:42 AM »

300lbs  8)

That freeking gym looks like a dungeon.  Really dark in there, empty and the prerequisite PL gym heavy metal being blasted.  I think I would need a Prozac after being there.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2009, 10:04:55 AM »
really?  It is a crazy place.  You should come train at Lance's Gym which is on the south side of the city.  That is where I decided to train and I am there on Monday and Wednesday nights as well as late morning and afternoon on Saturdays.  I love it there!!
Ya...i know, ive been to PUMPS a few times. Lances is less than 10 min from PUMPS. Correct me if im wrong but isnt lances gym on ARCHER?? or didnt they move? Id have to text BLOCK for directions. I just hope its easier finding LANCES than it was going to PUMPS for the first time. What a mission!!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2009, 04:05:39 AM »
Ya...i know, ive been to PUMPS a few times. Lances is less than 10 min from PUMPS. Correct me if im wrong but isnt lances gym on ARCHER?? or didnt they move? Id have to text BLOCK for directions. I just hope its easier finding LANCES than it was going to PUMPS for the first time. What a mission!!

LOL we were lucky enough to just follow Block there... well worth the trip!  Next time you go, look for me and beast on the wall.  I think I signed the door right next to Special Ed.  8)

:)

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2009, 12:05:08 PM »

The gym moved a while back and now is on 35th and Iron St....still very close to Pumps.  Its much easier then finding Pumps, lol.  Definitely make the trip!
Jennifer

MuscleKing

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2009, 12:14:53 PM »

LOL we were lucky enough to just follow Block there... well worth the trip!  Next time you go, look for me and beast on the wall.  I think I signed the door right next to Special Ed.  8)

Why would Special Ed sign it? ???

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2009, 01:12:51 PM »
Why would Special Ed sign it? ???

All Getbig legends must sign the wall at Pumps.  I don't think Special Ed has a posing photo on the wall though.   ;D

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2009, 01:40:49 PM »

I drove up and down 43rd for an hour! trying to find Pumps, well block did warn me that theres no signs for the gym. I was so frustrated trying to find it that i pulled over on 43rd, and little did i know that where i pulled over and parked was literally right in front of PUMPS and at the time it was summer so i had my windows down and i heard music, that was coming from Pumps, so i look over to my right and saw a dumbell holding the door open, and see the rack of dumbells right behind it. Now knowing where it was, i felt so stupid cuz i realized that i drove past it at least 10 times. LOL funny shit. ;D ;D BLOCK showed me your guys pics...

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2009, 11:34:54 AM »
Irish where do you live?
Jennifer

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2009, 09:06:36 PM »

Lance's Gym is one of the most true bare-bones powerlifters' powerlifting G-Y-M around. It's in the basement of this huge building that used to be a school on a desolate road called 'Iron Street', ironically.

It is something that not even the most creative writers at Universal-Animal could ever brainstorm no matter how many pots of Hillsboro consumed at their headquaters in New Jersey,

On any given night in the winter it is almost as cold in the gym as it is outside. The floor is concrete and the music is always blaring with the sounds of metal or rap comming out the large industrious speakers strategically placed.

Never once have I been there not to see leviathan-like gargantuans pushing, pressing or pulling hundreds and hundreds of pounds hell bent on breaking personal records. There is something to be said about seeing a grown-ass man lying on the floor with the other brutes pulling his squat suit on to attempt the right(s) to enter the 700lb Club.

Note to ripitupbaby*: Lance's Gym is right around the corner of Phil's Pizza.

Pumps Gym is a small hidden gym about 1.5 miles south. It's in the front of a large apartment building complex in the abandoned store-front space. It's a great hideaway gym with Hammer Strength, Original Nautilus pieces and 150lb dumbbells. Autographed pictures of The BEAST and ripitupbaby can be seen on it's Wall of Fame along with autographed with a Sharpie on the back of the front door.

Like Irishmuscle said, it cannot be seen from the outside. Only heard.

Nice squat! I've been telling farts on this website for years that you can squat like that. Nevertheless, even seeing still isn't believing to some. Unfortunately.

-Block!
?

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2009, 07:50:28 AM »
Irish where do you live?
About 1hr west of chi-town. 10 min from TRUST NUTRITION.

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2009, 09:18:45 PM »
Awww thanks Block...miss you!  I will be at Lance's tomorrow at 7 if you are around!

Irish, you know you live like 20 minutes from me and I worked at Trust for a few years.  I'm guessing you know, do I know you???
Jennifer

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2009, 03:54:04 AM »
Go to Phil's after your workout, and have a slice or three for me!   :D

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2009, 01:15:50 PM »
Awww thanks Block...miss you!  I will be at Lance's tomorrow at 7 if you are around!

Irish, you know you live like 20 minutes from me and I worked at Trust for a few years.  I'm guessing you know, do I know you???
We've chatted at Trust a few times. Im at all the local bodybuilding shows, lurking around the PRIDE booth. You'd know me right away if you saw me. "BigRob" ring a bell??

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2009, 10:47:34 PM »
lmao...of course I know you.  Ha...nice to see you on here!   I'm sure I will see you in a few months at the shows.  Hope all is well with you!!
Jennifer

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2009, 07:04:36 AM »
lmao...of course I know you.  Ha...nice to see you on here!   I'm sure I will see you in a few months at the shows.  Hope all is well with you!!
told ya 8) 8)

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2009, 09:11:04 PM »
Jen, what gym is that in video? frantz or lances??

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2009, 10:45:21 PM »

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2009, 12:46:15 PM »
Jen, what gym is that in video? frantz or lances??

lances...frantz gym is carpeted!!
Jennifer

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2009, 03:28:27 PM »
lances...frantz gym is carpeted!!
I see....How was the ARNOLD?? You still help out at the PRIDE booth?? I talk too joey B, they said they did really good. He said thier new product ''E-block" sold really well. He said Mel was the "Big" Attraction at the booth.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2009, 03:49:04 PM »
Beast squats more than half of the guys here.
haha!!! i second that!! ;D Shes even squatting more than me right now. :-\ >:( ;D well, thats what happens when you take 6 months off.

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2009, 04:12:06 PM »
That freeking gym looks like a dungeon.  Really dark in there, empty and the prerequisite PL gym heavy metal being blasted.  I think I would need a Prozac after being there.

Pfffft.  That gym is what a gym should be like.