Author Topic: Strikeforce sinks to a new low- signs 47 yr old Herschel Walker  (Read 1401 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Strikeforce sinks to a new low- signs 47 yr old Herschel Walker
« on: September 21, 2009, 10:45:41 AM »
Former Heisman Trophy winner Herschel Walker has signed an agreement with Strikeforce, FanHouse has learned.

The former NFL running back will immediately enter an 8-to-12 week training camp with the American Kickboxing Academy in San Jose, Calif.

Strikeforce director of communications Mike Afromowitz said it's too early to speculate when the 47-year-old will make his debut with the organization but it will probably be sometime in 2010.

"This isn't a publicity stunt or a gimmick," Afromowitz said. "Herschel Walker has tremendous athleticism, and he has always shown that off the gridiron. He's accomplished a lot in his life and in the world of sports. His accomplishments speak for themselves, and we hope that his athleticism can transition into a successful MMA career."

Although Walker is known for his football career, he does have a sixth-degree black belt in taekwondo and competed in the 1992 Winter Olympics in the two-man bobsled, finishing seventh.

In November 2007, Walker announced on HDNet's Inside MMA that he would appear on a MMA reality show with Jose Canseco and other former professional athletes, however, the show never made it past the pre-production stages.

"I've been training for several years. I would play college football games on Saturday and then compete in martial arts tournaments on Sunday after church I'm now looking forward to opening up another chapter in my life and to competing in MMA," Walker said via press release.

In 1999, the former University of Georgia star was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame. An 11-year NFL veteran and two-time Pro Bowl rusher, Walker played for the Dallas Cowboys, Minnesota Vikings, Philadelphia Eagles and New York Giants. On Saturday, Walker's name was included on the Pro Football Hall of Fame's preliminary list of nominees for the 2010 induction class.

"I will go in there and test myself against any 20 year old," Walker said. "I know there will be naysayers and I'm fine with that. I want to prove to people who sit on a couch and don't do anything but criticize other people that, if you're a true athlete or martial artist, you're not old until you can't get up and walk around anymore. MMA fighters are said to be some of the best athletes in the world, my plan at the age of 47 is to show the world I am still one of the best athletes as well."
Predictions
 40/61

LMV

• Getbig III
  • Time Out
Re: Strikeforce sinks to a new low- signs 47 yr old Herschel Walker
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 10:53:23 AM »

Fastest runner in Strikeforce yet !!!

In 12 NFL seasons with four different teams, he became the only player to gain 4,000 yards three different ways – rushing, receiving, and kickoff returns. He is one of six players to exceed 60 touchdowns rushing and 20 touchdowns receiving and is the only player in NFL history to register a 90 plus yard reception, a 90 plus yard run, and a 90 plus yard kickoff return, all in one season (1994).

They won't catch him, he's just too fast. Good move Strikeforce.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 11:14:45 AM »
Herschel is also clinically diagnosed with trauma related multiple personality disorder, or disassociative identity dissorder (kinda like Bluto/LMV), this dosen't seem like the best of choices for a 47yr.old with that condition to be making, especially since that condition was brought on by trauma.
Predictions
 40/61

LMV

• Getbig III
  • Time Out
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 11:34:07 AM »
Herschel is also clinically diagnosed with trauma related multiple personality disorder, or disassociative identity dissorder (kinda like Bluto/LMV), this dosen't seem like the best of choices for a 47yr.old with that condition to be making, especially since that condition was brought on by trauma.

Best quality for a fighter to possess, he just sends out the warrior and taps out his victim in the endzone !

WAR HERSCHEL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMV, fair and balanced