Author Topic: Supporters of 'Personhood Amendment' Make Case to Mississippi Voters  (Read 97177 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Supporters of 'Personhood Amendment' Make Case to Mississippi Voters
« Reply #175 on: November 06, 2014, 05:38:00 PM »
I would not sacrifice the life of a baby to save an adult. 

But back to my question (that you answered with a question):  I'm asking, in general, up to what age should parents be able to kill their children? 
I already gave the answer several times.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #176 on: November 06, 2014, 05:40:49 PM »
I already gave the answer several times.

No you didn't.  I've only asked the question twice.  I previously asked you whether parents should be able to kill their kids up to the age of majority and you said "no." 

My next question was up to what age should parents be able to kill their kids?  You have not answered that question.  In fact, you answered my question with a question. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: November 06, 2014, 05:41:59 PM »
No you didn't.  I've only asked the question twice.  I previously asked you whether parents should be able to kill their kids up to the age of majority and you said "no." 

My next question was up to what age should parents be able to kill their kids?  You have not answered that question.  In fact, you answered my question with a question. 
No age.

They should be allowed to abort the fetus though.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: November 06, 2014, 05:44:46 PM »
No age.

They should be allowed to abort the fetus though.

Thank you. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: November 06, 2014, 05:46:14 PM »
Thank you. 
Abortion is good stuff, especially for society.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: November 06, 2014, 05:48:23 PM »
Abortion is good stuff, especially for society.

If you say so.  I think it's a tragedy, regardless of whether it's legal or illegal.  Very traumatic for the woman.  Obviously traumatic for the baby.  No winners. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: November 06, 2014, 05:54:32 PM »
If you say so.  I think it's a tragedy, regardless of whether it's legal or illegal.  Very traumatic for the woman.  Obviously traumatic for the baby.  No winners. 
No its not.  I know plenty of women who have had them.  Many who are high income earners even.  And even some who were Catholic and religious.  :-X  I never knew one of them to be regretful.  I`m sure some are, but you need to check yourself when you say that its traumatic for the woman.  In a lot of cases, its not at all.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: November 06, 2014, 05:57:11 PM »
No its not.  I know plenty of women who have had them.  Many who are high income earners even.  And even some who were Catholic and religious.  :-X  I never knew one of them to be regretful.  I`m sure some are, but you need to check yourself when you say that its traumatic for the woman.  In a lot of cases, its not at all.

I know lots of women and I've known a number of them who had abortions.  It was a traumatic experience for every single one of them, at least according to them.  I've never heard it described otherwise.  I'm sure for some women it's just a form of birth control and they don't care, but they are a minority. 

And when I say it's traumatic, I mean both physically and emotionally. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: November 06, 2014, 06:01:27 PM »
I know lots of women and I've known a number of them who had abortions.  It was a traumatic experience for every single one of them, at least according to them.  I've never heard it described otherwise.  I'm sure for some women it's just a form of birth control and they don't care, but they are a minority. 

No and No.  Not from anyone I know.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: November 06, 2014, 06:04:58 PM »
I know lots of women and I've known a number of them who had abortions.  It was a traumatic experience for every single one of them, at least according to them.  I've never heard it described otherwise.  I'm sure for some women it's just a form of birth control and they don't care, but they are a minority.  

Hmmmmm.

http://www.webmd.com/women/news/20000822/study-says-most-women-dont-regret-abortion

The impact of an abortion on a woman's mental health has been questioned for years. Some studies have suggested that many women suffer depression, regret and even a form of post-traumatic stress disorder called 'post-abortion syndrome.'

But a study out this month finds that 80% of women were not depressed after having an abortion. In fact, the rate of depression in the postabortion group was equal to the rate of depression in the general population. As for post-traumatic stress symptoms, the rate was 1% in the postabortion group compared with an estimated 11% in women of the same age in the general population.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: November 06, 2014, 06:05:56 PM »
Continued:

The study's authors say the results agree with previous studies -- including one by former Surgeon General C. Everett Koop, MD -- showing that severe mental distress following an abortion is rare.

"Most women were satisfied with their decision, believed they had benefited more than had been harmed by their abortion, and would have the abortion again," writes study author Brenda Major, PhD. "These findings refute claims that women typically regret an abortion." Major is a professor of psychology at the University of California in Santa Barbara.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: November 06, 2014, 06:09:01 PM »
72% reported more benefit than harm. Of those who reported depression or regret after the abortion, most were depressed or had emotional problems prior to becoming pregnant.

Experts express little surprise at the findings and say this study is more proof that for the majority of women, abortion has few aftereffects

In an editorial accompanying the study, Nancy Adler, PhD, says that rather than contributing to mental stress, the studies suggest a significant decrease in mental distress and an increase in positive emotions and self-esteem.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #187 on: November 06, 2014, 06:23:08 PM »
TA - you haven't considered that the women who Bum knows have probably been exposed to the kind of judgement and harassment that christians like to dish out on this subject.

That's probably a significant factor in why the women that he knows feel traumatized

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #188 on: November 06, 2014, 06:32:23 PM »
Thus Jewish organizations actively work for and support laws legalizing abortions in Christian European ethnic countries and societies but do not oppose or publicize the fact that Israeli law outlaws abortion for woman of childbearing age.

http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/2013/11/jews-oppose-abortion-for-jews/

I'm white

I wonder why I've never heard of this site before

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: November 06, 2014, 07:09:22 PM »
Hmmmmm.

http://www.webmd.com/women/news/20000822/study-says-most-women-dont-regret-abortion

The impact of an abortion on a woman's mental health has been questioned for years. Some studies have suggested that many women suffer depression, regret and even a form of post-traumatic stress disorder called 'post-abortion syndrome.'

But a study out this month finds that 80% of women were not depressed after having an abortion. In fact, the rate of depression in the postabortion group was equal to the rate of depression in the general population. As for post-traumatic stress symptoms, the rate was 1% in the postabortion group compared with an estimated 11% in women of the same age in the general population.

Meh.  Going through a traumatic experience doesn't mean the person suffers from depression, so this is pretty meaningless.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: November 06, 2014, 07:13:31 PM »
72% reported more benefit than harm. Of those who reported depression or regret after the abortion, most were depressed or had emotional problems prior to becoming pregnant.

Experts express little surprise at the findings and say this study is more proof that for the majority of women, abortion has few aftereffects

In an editorial accompanying the study, Nancy Adler, PhD, says that rather than contributing to mental stress, the studies suggest a significant decrease in mental distress and an increase in positive emotions and self-esteem.

Oh look.  I can be a Google.com expert too, but without the super sized, colored font:

In a study of post-abortion patients only 8 weeks after their abortion, researchers found that 44% complained of nervous disorders, 36% had experienced sleep disturbances, 31% had regrets about their decision, and 11% had been prescribed psychotropic medicine by their family doctor. (2) A 5 year retrospective study in two Canadian provinces found significantly greater use of medical and psychiatric services among women with a history of abortion. Most significant was the finding that 25% of women who had abortions made visits to psychiatrists as compared to 3% of the control group. (3) Women who have had abortions are significantly more likely than others to subsequently require admission to a psychiatric hospital. At especially high risk are teenagers, separated or divorced women, and women with a history of more than one abortion. (4)

http://afterabortion.org/2011/abortion-risks-a-list-of-major-psychological-complications-related-to-abortion/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #191 on: November 06, 2014, 07:19:12 PM »
It's edited by Dr. Kevin B. MacDonald, a professor at Cal State, Long Beach. He is a very learned man.

seems like a kook:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_B._MacDonald

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: November 06, 2014, 07:34:45 PM »
seems like a kook:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_B._MacDonald
Funny thing about him is that there is absolutely no such thing as group selection in terms of evolution.  As Richard Dawkins states, group selection is "the poorly defined and incoherent view that evolution is driven by the differential survival of whole groups of organisms".

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: November 06, 2014, 07:35:42 PM »
Far better educated and more intelligent than you could ever hope to be.
No and No. I for one, know that Group Selection is total nonsense and that is the basis of this morons entire "worK".  His is a complete joke and nobody but morons like you take him seriously. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: November 06, 2014, 07:43:44 PM »
You "for one" are wrong. I encourage GBers to read Dr. MacDonald's works for themselves and learn the truth.

http://www.kevinmacdonald.net/
::)

Richard Dawkins and Pinker and all the other Evolutionary Biologists and such disagree as does all the Science and Evidence.

http://edge.org/conversation/the-false-allure-of-group-selection

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: November 06, 2014, 07:45:17 PM »
You "for one" are wrong. I encourage GBers to read Dr. MacDonald's works for themselves and learn the truth.

http://www.kevinmacdonald.net/
ROFLMAO, this has to hurt:

The Human Behavior and Evolution Society has never "welcomed" MacDonald's ideas. Their peer-reviewed journal has never published his theories.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: November 06, 2014, 07:49:57 PM »
ROFLMAO!!!!!

Daniel Kriegman, an evolutionary psychologist, produced a 50-page analysis criticizing MacDonald's work as "pseudo-scientific theorizing." He wrote that MacDonald "believes his own nonsense." Kriegman remarked in an email, "MacDonald is not the first person to avoid the narcissistic injury of having his ideas rejected by concluding that there was a conspiracy against him rather than becoming aware of the substandard nature [as evidenced in his trilogy] of his thinking."[27]

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: November 06, 2014, 07:51:18 PM »
Hits just keep on coming!

John Hartung, the associate editor of the Journal of Neurosurgical Anesthesiology and an associate professor of anesthesiology at the State University of New York said that MacDonald's The Culture of Critique was "quite disturbing, seriously misinformed about evolutionary genetics, and suffering from a huge blind spot about the nature of Christianity."[27]

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: November 06, 2014, 07:52:31 PM »
MexicanForLife proving himself the tin-foil hat wearing moron as always.