Author Topic: germany solves homelessness problem.  (Read 8446 times)

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
Re: germany solves homelessness problem.
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2021, 09:07:59 AM »
HYPER, Yes! NY was the first to follow California's "shut-down" of mental institutions  resulting in a lot of shit that immediately followed involving political corruption  and mass murders committed by the recently released.

I'm going to look through some family records to list a few of what I mentioned above as I had family members on both sides of the equation ... a couple of whom resided in Napa which was once the federally sanctioned "nut-house" of the USA.

Stand by to stand by if interested.

The release of people incapable of taking care of themselves does them no good. In most cases they end up wasting away homeless or being taken advantage of by others. Asylums did have a purpose but I swear everyone in government watched "One Flew Over The Cookoo's Nest" and assumed every institution  was bad.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2021, 10:25:24 AM »

The release of people incapable of taking care of themselves does them no good. In most cases they end up wasting away homeless or being taken advantage of by others. Asylums did have a purpose but I swear everyone in government watched "One Flew Over The Cookoo's Nest" and assumed every institution  was bad.

In the early 70's I drove a fellow to Dammasch State Mental Hospital as a favor to his pastor. The the poor fellow suffered from debilitating epileptic seizures and was pretty much homeless. He'd been admitted to Dammasch previously when the frequency of his seizures put him in crisis. He knew were I was taking him and he really did not want to go there but had no other choices available. The closer we got to the hospital the more upset he became. Fortunately, he didn't have a seizure while in the car because I was ill equipped to handle it having no prior experience with anything like that.

Dammacsch Hospital was shuttered in 1995. I have no idea where people with conditions like his go today when the frequency and severity of their seizures are out control. Perhaps, the nearest hospital emergency room. That's a really just short term solution. Imagine being homeless with epilepsy and having seizures on the streets.  These folks are at great risk of dying from the seizure an/or from physical harm caused by others because the are defenseless. Hopefully, the medications to help control epileptic seizures is more advanced today then it was then.

The hospital was demolished and today is a housing development known as Villebois.

Dammasch Hospital, Wilsonville, OR

Villebois

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2021, 10:27:01 AM »
If you really want to fight homelessness you would champion things like higher minimum wage and more affordable housing better access to drug rehab and recovery programs and mental health care

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2021, 11:14:57 AM »
If you really want to fight homelessness you would champion things like higher minimum wage and more affordable housing better access to drug rehab and recovery programs and mental health care
Higher minimum wage will do nothing but make the problem worse.  Are you not watching what is going on with inflation right now?

Drug rehab has an 8% "success rate."  At some point people have to take responsibility for their actions.  Druggies want the right to use whatever they want to kill their consciousness with no legal repercussions and then demand the public pay for their rehab when they get addicted.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2021, 11:35:22 AM »

I disagree vehemently with the first half of your statement but agree with the last part of it. Minimum wage doesn't have a damn thing to do with it. Most homeless do not want to work, anywhere, for a variety of reasons. There was a homeless encampment not far from my old office and I went and offered a few jobs. The resounding answer was "No, I'm OK"  I even offered a guy part time work who used to stand on the median near my office and he said "nah, I'm good"

"access to drug rehab and recovery programs and mental health care" used to be done at mental health facilities but most states defunded them. So what goes around comes around.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2021, 08:18:44 PM »
 :o

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2021, 12:28:24 AM »
Texas' homeless struggle as public camping is criminalized

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2021, 12:21:13 AM »
Texas' homeless struggle as public camping is criminalized

Austin is a Liberal shithole.

Affordable housing means jack shit to people who refuse to work.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2021, 06:55:13 AM »
Was only a matter of time in the direction they are going in....lib landlords didn't build that!

"A referendum in Berlin requiring large apartment complex owners to sell their their units to the government passed by a large margin."

https://mishtalk.com/economics/amazingly-crazy-affordable-housing-proposal-wins-in-german-election

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2021, 08:01:32 AM »
Was only a matter of time in the direction they are going in....lib landlords didn't build that!

"A referendum in Berlin requiring large apartment complex owners to sell their their units to the government passed by a large margin."

https://mishtalk.com/economics/amazingly-crazy-affordable-housing-proposal-wins-in-german-election

He knew:

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2023, 05:52:36 PM »
How Finland Ended Homelessness

DIABOLIC

• Getbig II
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2023, 06:18:27 PM »
Cool looking toilets

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2023, 08:12:08 PM »
Turn them into Soylent Green to feed the Democrats and homeless until they become Soylent Green...Ad infinitum, ad fuckumtohades.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2023, 08:52:13 PM »
Finland’s solution was to make sure housing was available regardless of one’s ability to seek help for issues or work. That’s the complete opposite of the American mindset of picking yourself up by the bootstraps.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2023, 08:56:46 PM »
How Finland Ended Homelessness

Sounds nice.

Compare population data.

And drug data.

We don't have a homeless problem in America.

We have a drug addiction problem and mental illness problem.

Comparing us to Finland is completely irrelevant.

Sounds good in a fancy video though.

Come visit the homeless areas in America.  ;)

Then compare.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2023, 01:04:46 AM »
Turn them into Soylent Green to feed the Democrats and homeless until they become Soylent Green...Ad infinitum, ad fuckumtohades.
Good movie.

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2023, 05:57:05 AM »
German City Installs Ulmer Nests, Sleeping Pods For Homeless People
3 min read
292.1 K Shares
Shreya Chauhan
Shreya Chauhan
Updated on Jan 22, 2021, 16:08 IST
Highlights
The pods, which are made from wood and steel, were put in parks and other places, a spokesman for the city said.
There are no cameras, and when they are in use, sensors are triggered.
A German city has built a series of pods for homeless people to be able to sleep in.

According to a report, the units, known as 'Ulmer Nest', were installed on January 8 by officials in Ulm, about 75 miles west of Munich, to provide shelter for sleepers during the cold winter months.

sleeping pod
Facebook/Ulmer Nest

The pods, which are made from wood and steel, were put in parks and other places, a spokesman for the city said.

To shield the homeless from the wind and cold, the beds have been equipped with thermal insulation. They are also big enough for use by two individuals.

There are no cameras, and when they are in use, sensors are triggered.

Those behind the project, amid some delays, announced that they had eventually been rolled out just as the weather began to take a turn for the worse.

The group wrote about it on Facebook, ‘Today the two Ulm nests were repositioned - unfortunately due to corona with delay, but just in time for the really cold nights. We hope to repeat last year's positive feedback in order to provide a supplementary measure regarding the existing frostbite protection in Ulm in the long term’.

Our Popular Products
See More
Also Read: First Indian To Travel Inside A Hyperloop Pod Is A Pune-Based Engineer Named Tanmay Manjrekar

sleep pod

Talking about the improvements they have inculcated, the group wrote, ‘We improved thermal internal isolation and took measures to optimize the climate (less moisture + warmer air). The nests are now equipped with solar panels, which allows (at least) energy neutral use during the day. Further energy saving measures are in the works’.

Ulmer Nests are also connected to the Ulmer LoRa-Wan-IoT-wireless network, and the long term plan is to depend on it entirely, so as not to depend on mobile networks.

‘The locking and the corresponding mechanisms have been completely revised and now offer easier operation and more interaction options for all involved’, the page wrote.

They are extremely easy to use, said Flaco Pross - who built the pods - and that people don't need to fill in any forms to register to use them.

Ulmer Nest
Facebook/Ulmer Nest

The pods were fitted with sensors that pick up whenever they are opened or closed. The next day, if they are still there, someone from the charity goes down to check on the pod and to give the user some assistance.

The charity will also check the pods for any damage caused, restoring them as soon as possible in order to ready them for use again.

The goal is to provide places to stay during the cold nights to sleepers in need, and, hopefully, give the charity the opportunity to initiate contact with them.

What do you think of this idea?

Enabling a wasteful, unproductive lifestyle is not virtuous....Every Human should try to be self supporting and possibly contribute to society.

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2023, 06:00:47 AM »
The overwhelming number of them ARE NOT mentally ill, that's a smokescreen...

https://www.homelesshub.ca/about-homelessness/topics/mental-health

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2023, 06:07:26 AM »
Sounds nice.

Compare population data.

And drug data.

We don't have a homeless problem in America.

We have a drug addiction problem and mental illness problem.

Comparing us to Finland is completely irrelevant.

Sounds good in a fancy video though.

Come visit the homeless areas in America.  ;)

Then compare.

We have a demographic problem that Finland doesn't have. 99.8% Finn, Swede, Russian and Estonian. Yes, that says 0.0% for "OTHER".

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2023, 02:39:10 PM »
Brutal if true

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2023, 12:20:37 AM »
The overwhelming number of them ARE NOT mentally ill, that's a smokescreen...

https://www.homelesshub.ca/about-homelessness/topics/mental-health
Mental illness is an excuse for all bad behavior now.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2023, 05:57:48 AM »
Higher minimum wage will do nothing but make the problem worse.  Are you not watching what is going on with inflation right now?

Drug rehab has an 8% "success rate." At some point people have to take responsibility for their actions. Druggies want the right to use whatever they want to kill their consciousness with no legal repercussions and then demand the public pay for their rehab when they get addicted.

you are aware you are responding to Brian?

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2023, 09:30:33 AM »