Author Topic: Governor Ron DeSantis  (Read 24842 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Governor Ron DeSantis
« on: February 15, 2021, 05:35:28 PM »
He has nailed handling this pandemic.  Protecting the elderly.  Keeping his schools open.  Protecting businesses.  Absolutely owns the biased media.  Taking on the tech giants.  Florida really dodged a bullet by electing him. 

Check out his background.  Really impressive.  I know it's way early, but I see him on the short list as the Republican nominee if he runs for POTUS in 2024. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_DeSantis

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Governor Ron DeSantis
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 05:56:30 PM »
He has nailed handling this pandemic.  Protecting the elderly.  Keeping his schools open.  Protecting businesses.  Absolutely owns the biased media.  Taking on the tech giants.  Florida really dodged a bullet by electing him. 

Check out his background.  Really impressive.  I know it's way early, but I see him on the short list as the Republican nominee if he runs for POTUS in 2024. 

He's been a fucking disaster

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 11:24:04 PM »

Representative Gaetz must be reading the board.   :)

Florida Rep. Gaetz hints at possible Ron DeSantis presidential run in 2024
by: WFLA 8 On Your Side Staff
Posted: Feb 15, 2021

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WFLA) — Florida Representative Matt Gaetz floated Gov. DeSantis’ name as a possible 2024 presidential candidate during an interview with Fox News Sunday.

DeSantis made an appearance on the network earlier in the day, promoting his state’s virus response while slamming reports that the Biden administration may be considering domestic travel restrictions.

“One, it would be unconstitutional, it would be a political attack against Florida … We also have 26 other states and the District of Columbia that have higher per-capita COVID mortality than we do. We have 28 states that have higher per-capita cases that we do,” DeSantis told host Maria Bartiromo.

‘Political attack against Florida’: Gov. DeSantis calls possible domestic travel restrictions unconstitutional
“There’s no basis in medical, no basis in economics, there’s no basis in reality to do this except to punish a state who is doing it better than what his experts have recommended,” he continued.

Gaetz, a Republican who represents Florida’s 1st district, suggested on Fox News later that day the Biden Administration is attempting to defame DeSantis in anticipation of his potential presidential run in four years.

“What Ron DeSantis didn’t say, which is the truth, is that the Biden folks know that if Donald Trump is not the candidate in 2024, the leader of our movement will be Ron DeSantis,” Gaetz told the network.

‘I’m a Bucs fan, I’m damn proud of what they did’: DeSantis responds to maskless celebrations around Tampa
“He is a strong potential presidential candidate in 2024, the Biden team knows that, and so they’re trying to somehow cast aspersions on the Florida experience because you know what, throughout America, there’s a lot of Florida envy right now.”

The governor has not publicly acknowledged any speculation that he may be gearing up for a presidential run in 2024. DeSantis is up for gubernatorial reelection in 2022, where his handling of the coronavirus pandemic is sure to be the number one focus of his challenger.

https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/florida-rep-gaetz-hints-at-possible-desantis-presidential-run-in-2024/

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 04:37:00 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 05:59:51 AM »

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2021, 07:52:48 AM »

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2021, 08:18:19 AM »
LOL you loser. 

Florida has had better results in every category than NY or CA. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9262397/How-California-Florida-took-different-approaches-ended-result.html

Dude you are aware that FL stopped reporting new cases a while back right?  There was a case worker that continued to report the new number of cases and DeSantis had her home raided and her arrested for doing so.

FL is awful right now.  I know.  I live here.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2021, 08:23:19 AM »
Dude you are aware that FL stopped reporting new cases a while back right?  There was a case worker that continued to report the new number of cases and DeSantis had her home raided and her arrested for doing so.

Zero like NYS and killer cuomo who killed thousands and thousands. 

Or gruesome news one who is facing recall.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2021, 09:40:41 AM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/16/covid-ron-desantis-2024-469071

In response to his critics, DeSantis has counter-accused them of elevating the work of a “conspiracy theorist” who publishes false information about Florida’s death numbers. He has fought with reporters over mask-wearing and the state’s vaccination efforts. And he also notes that his resistance to closing beaches wasn’t the disaster critics predicted, the forecasts of overwhelmed hospitals never happened statewide and schools have been operating without community spread (even though a teachers union sued him for opening schools), and he boasts that he was among the first governors to reserve vaccines for those over 65 years old.

DeSantis is also quick to note that Florida’s death rate is 27th, below every large blue state except California, where deaths are ticking up at a faster rate in recent weeks, according to the CDC.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2021, 06:41:33 PM »

Florida's numbers are plain to see, so your claim makes no sense.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

What law(s) did that gal break?  One might infer from your post that DeSantis is some evil ruffian.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2021, 07:44:20 PM »
He's been a fucking disaster

Hardly!!!

Our schools are open. Our gyms are open. In fact, the Mr. Olympia got moved to Orlando from Vegas. The Super Bowl was awesome, especially since the BUCS WON!!!  Did I mention they're the first team to play (and win) the Super Bowl in their own home stadium? ;D

Businesses are running at a minimum of 50% capacity. BTW, care to explain why all these out-of-towners are running here for vaccinations, if DeSantis is such a "disaster"? Our elderly aren't croaking left and right in nursing homes, unlike those in NY, courtesy of Cuomo.

So do I. Florida is doing just fine, even with Val Lemmings' hubby running Orange County. To be fair, even he hasn't been nearly as ghoulish as other Dem governors or mayors.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2021, 08:23:31 PM »
I live in Florida, I'm not a fan of Ron. Having said that... I have evolved in my position on Covid. Initially I was all about social distancing, Masks, limiting exposure. But living in Florida and being in a tourist location I have seen first hand how government "rules" aren't worth the paper they are written on and people are going to do pretty much what they want. Desantos was one of the firsts to open up, and during the peak of the pandemic I've walked past bars that were packed with people acting like Covid didn't exist. At first it bothered me greatly because I keep up with the Covid data and know when Florida is spiking and how dangerous it is. But after months of seeing people from out of state coming here because they know they can act like Covid doesn't exist and our government goes along with it I adopted the "Screw the ignorant jerks, I'll just fend for myself" attitude. It has been a great relief. I can now walk past overfilled bars knowing people in there will likely either die, or transmit the disease to elderly loved ones upon their return to states that take it seriously and they will die and sleep like a baby knowing they had access to all the information I had access to and chose to ignore it. In the end it will likely mean less Republican voters which can't be a bad thing. Maybe God has a hand in this.. who knows.. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2021, 08:35:59 PM »
I live in Florida, I'm not a fan of Ron. Having said that... I have evolved in my position on Covid. Initially I was all about social distancing, Masks, limiting exposure. But living in Florida and being in a tourist location I have seen first hand how government "rules" aren't worth the paper they are written on and people are going to do pretty much what they want. Desantos was one of the firsts to open up, and during the peak of the pandemic I've walked past bars that were packed with people acting like Covid didn't exist. At first it bothered me greatly because I keep up with the Covid data and know when Florida is spiking and how dangerous it is. But after months of seeing people from out of state coming here because they know they can act like Covid doesn't exist and our government goes along with it I adopted the "Screw the ignorant jerks, I'll just fend for myself" attitude. It has been a great relief. I can now walk past overfilled bars knowing people in there will likely either die, or transmit the disease to elderly loved ones upon their return to states that take it seriously and they will die and sleep like a baby knowing they had access to all the information I had access to and chose to ignore it. In the end it will likely mean less Republican voters which can't be a bad thing. Maybe God has a hand in this.. who knows.. 

And from where are all these out-of-state people coming? BLUE STATES!!!

So, your rant doesn't make a lot of sense. Blue staters, particularly in the northeast, are dying far more than those in the south.

And yet, the states leading the country in coronavirus deaths are loaded with Democrats and have been dominated by Democrats for DECADES.

Maybe people are sick and tired of bureaucrats like Fauci and Democrat politicians, shifting the goalposts on all the rules.

Go back to last year.

Masks were worthless; now, it's mandate time to slap them on your face.

Coronavirus was no more dangerous than the flu; now, it's the worst thing EEEEEVVVVVVEEERR!!!!

Go back to last year. Fauci (and others) have done complete 180s. Yet, left up to the tech nazis, if you posted what Fauci or any others said less than 12 months ago, you'll probably get yanked off their social media sites.

The shutdowns and draconian measures have had virtually NO EFFECT on stopping the spread.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2021, 11:36:55 PM »

This will probably be the most ignorant thing I read all week.  Unless I make the mistake of reading anything posted by the Village Idiot.  lol

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2021, 11:37:41 PM »

I know people who live in Florida and they disagree with you. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2021, 08:00:31 AM »

Exhibit A

;D

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2021, 08:35:20 AM »
Florida's numbers are plain to see, so your claim makes no sense.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

What law(s) did that gal break?  One might infer from your post that DeSantis is some evil ruffian.

Those numbers are reflected by the cases reported.  When you don't report cases, they don't get included in the numbers.

You can read about the raid here :
https://www.npr.org/2020/12/08/944200394/florida-agents-raid-home-of-rebekah-jones-former-state-data-scientist

Then they are wrong.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2021, 08:39:45 AM »

oh well anecdotal evidence is all we're ever gonna need

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2021, 08:39:57 AM »
Those numbers are reflected by the cases reported.  When you don't report cases, they don't get included in the numbers.

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/08/944200394/florida-agents-raid-home-of-rebekah-jones-former-state-data-scientist

Then they are wrong.

Florida has done extremely better than our leftist utopia.   There is a reason people are fleeing NY and CA to Florida.   Liberals hate the fng hell they create and then seek better places. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2021, 09:33:43 AM »
He destroyed commie Cuomo and Newsome. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2021, 11:12:11 AM »

Then they are wrong.

Exhibit A

;D

I'm rolling with McWay on this one.   :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2021, 11:14:38 AM »
I'm rolling with McWay on this one.   :)

Florida destroyed NY and CA.    NY and CA are liberal cesspools of failure - Florida came out ahead. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2021, 11:44:49 AM »
Florida destroyed NY and CA.    NY and CA are liberal cesspools of failure - Florida came out ahead.

Facts. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2021, 12:00:03 PM »
oh well anecdotal evidence is all we're ever gonna need

Fewer deaths, more vaccines, economy intact, stores and shops and gyms re-opened, kids back in school (and have been for MONTHS), people and businesses moving from NY and CA and coming here.

And you call that "anecdotal"?

For example, WrestleMania 37 was supposed to be in California this year. But, because of CA's draconian policies, that got scrapped. But, because the Super Bowl was held in Raymond James Stadium in Tampa (won by the home team  ;D ), 'Mania is being held there (where it was supposed to be last year), as well.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2021, 12:03:54 PM »
Fewer deaths, more vaccines, economy intact, stores and shops and gyms re-opened, kids back in school (and have been for MONTHS), people and businesses moving from NY and CA and coming here.

And you call that "anecdotal"?

For example, WrestleMania 37 was supposed to be in California this year. But, because of CA's draconian policies, that got scrapped. But, because the Super Bowl was held in Raymond James Stadium in Tampa (won by the home team  ;D ), 'Mania is being held there (where it was supposed to be last year), as well.

NY and CA are the worst of the worst of all measures and liberalfaggets and twinks like Straw et al keep making excuses.