Author Topic: Test Boosters? Pro-Hormones? or TRT?  (Read 2148 times)

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Test Boosters? Pro-Hormones? or TRT?
« on: September 27, 2021, 04:16:16 PM »
wondering which way i should go at my age of 57...

natural "test boosters".... pro-hormones (those still available that is) or TRT?....

No problem getting or paying for TRT, however, the idea and worry of thickening blood, blood clots, other blood issues, possible heart and liver issues has got me pretty wary? AM i being paranoid? Don't drink or smoke and eat healthy and have no physical issues.

Here I am worried about TRT and i can't even imagine what actual bodybuilders take (multiple roids, gh, insulin, and so on and so on!)

Serious replies and information please!

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
Re: Test Boosters? Pro-Hormones? or TRT?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 04:31:44 PM »
For what reason do you want to do this?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 04:39:33 PM »
if you're not training for a contest, there's no purpose to do this. just continue eating healthy , training and you should have quite a few years left to enjoy life. this is just my opinion I could be wrong.
F

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 04:39:41 PM »
It's amazing how everyone that lifts is on TRT.  I hear guys in their 40's on it. Really, you need test in your 40's? Anyone doing natural aging? 

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 04:40:43 PM »

No problem getting or paying for TRT, however, the idea and worry of thickening blood, blood clots, other blood issues, possible heart and liver issues has got me pretty wary? AM i being paranoid? Don't drink or smoke and eat healthy and have no physical issues.

Real legit TRT is not harmful. Unless you have certain underlying health problems already. It's WAY safer than Pro-H's or "Test" boosters; most are fake snake oil.

Talk to an Endocrinologist.

At your age it has more benefits than risks.

Most people on this board know very little about real TRT.

We all say we're on TRT but running 400mg of Test and some Deca every week. ;D

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2021, 04:48:52 PM »
You are never getting on HRT due to being a hypochondriac. Just forget about it. If you did get on you would just be miserable constantly worrying about potential sides. You have made this exact same thread many times now. It's not for you.

Depending on your priorities, "hormone optimization" could have amazing positive effects on quality of life. Depending on what you value. So I don't understand those who claim it's never worth it. Values differ.

Here in Sweden a top endocrinologist just said in a newspaper that testosterone therapy did NOT increase sex drive, did NOT give people over 40 more energy and so on. That's hardly true in most cases IMO. He made the case that most feel like shit getting help from a clinic and then real endos like him had to straighten up the mess. Yeah ok.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2021, 04:49:53 PM »
250 mg Test/200 Deca. Been running this 365 days a year forever. You’ll feel amazing and look phenomenal.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2021, 05:22:22 PM »
comes down to money and lifestyle

young your test puts you in super mario mode and you end up chasing the mushroom until you change your mindset

test boosters work for a little while but like most plant based supps your body gets used to it fast plus everyone has some “special blend” they want to charge $200 for 120caps

TRT is the best but at what price?? good hook up from some dealer but your levels vary consistently and your SOL when it comes to hcg anti e’s. — clinic is cool for your age but do you have insurance ? that approves trt ??

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2021, 07:46:03 PM »
Just take some test you pussy.

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2021, 08:00:24 PM »
Van_Bilderass: actually this is only i think the 2nd time i made mention of these questions and the first time i started a actual topic thread on the matter... hypochondriac? No, i'm just cautious...As I think I should be, as everyone should be in discussing health and long term health and consequences, weighing the good and the bad.

Spike: fellow lifter and buddy at my gym, is 42, been on TRT for years now, and he's been working out hardcore for 7 years.... Gave me his doctor who prescribes him the TRT phone #.. SO the doctor at a hospital is legit. Didn't ask him how much it costs and how he gets it (i.e. injection, patch, gel, etc.)
Basically no doubt that at my age, my Test is at least lower (than what? what is was before).. and my goals are to get in the best shape (hard muscle) without ruining my health and shortening the life span.. Everything and Anything i can do that is both legal and long term NOT damaging.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2021, 08:11:14 PM »
It's amazing how everyone that lifts is on TRT.  I hear guys in their 40's on it. Really, you need test in your 40's? Anyone doing natural aging?

What are the side effects of trt for someone in their 40’s? Are there other medications you don’t recommend for the 40 year old crowd? Do you feel the same way about women who get a hysterectomy in their 30/40’s?

Btw I’m not on any medications I’m just curious why you oppose TRT for people at an age when their testosterone levels are decreasing rapidly.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2021, 03:04:52 AM »
Thanks for inventing MySpace. Are we still friends?

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2021, 03:49:22 AM »
Did 10mg andro cream but it wasn’t enough.

Been on 125/wk for about 7yrs and feel great although I have bumped it to 140/am and noticed a bit better stability.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2021, 04:19:38 AM »
Van_Bilderass: actually this is only i think the 2nd time i made mention of these questions and the first time i started a actual topic thread on the matter... hypochondriac? No, i'm just cautious...As I think I should be, as everyone should be in discussing health and long term health and consequences, weighing the good and the bad.

Spike: fellow lifter and buddy at my gym, is 42, been on TRT for years now, and he's been working out hardcore for 7 years.... Gave me his doctor who prescribes him the TRT phone #.. SO the doctor at a hospital is legit. Didn't ask him how much it costs and how he gets it (i.e. injection, patch, gel, etc.)
Basically no doubt that at my age, my Test is at least lower (than what? what is was before).. and my goals are to get in the best shape (hard muscle) without ruining my health and shortening the life span.. Everything and Anything i can do that is both legal and long term NOT damaging.

Train hard and eat right (low carb).  There's your answer.  You don't need to take TRT.

Stop looking for shortcuts and cheats.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2021, 04:59:13 AM »
Life is too short to live with low test get on trt now as when you do you will wish you had did it years ago don’t waste anymore time

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2021, 05:16:07 AM »

natural "test boosters".... pro-hormones (those still available that is) or TRT?....

Here I am worried about TRT and i can't even imagine what actual bodybuilders take (multiple roids, gh, insulin, and so on and so on!)

Prescribed TRT with monitoring probably safer than any 'natural' booster or 'prohormone.' 

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Trainer of Champions
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2021, 05:41:20 AM »
Train hard and eat right (low carb).  There's your answer.  You don't need to take TRT.

Stop looking for shortcuts and cheats.

How is TRT cheating?? He isn’t a professional athlete he is an aging man

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2021, 05:47:56 AM »

You have to accept that there are going to be some possible drawbacks. You could shorten your life, you could be one of the unlucky ones who get high blood pressure or high hematocrit or sex drive gets either too high (yes there are some who complain of this) or it goes up and down. You have to play with needles one or more times per week.

But 100mg of test enanthate and 1iu of gh could be amazing.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Trainer of Champions
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2021, 05:54:29 AM »
Quality of life matters as much as your length of life

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2021, 07:06:06 AM »
How is TRT cheating?? He isn’t a professional athlete he is an aging man

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2021, 07:26:19 AM »
If you have low test, there is nothing wrong with TRT, as low test can cause a myriad of issues, including depression.

If I get to that point, I'll likely explore it, but I'm not there yet.

Had levels checked mid year.

If I went on it now, I know I'd ego lift and get hurt.
Y

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2021, 08:26:23 AM »
Life is too short to live with low test get on trt now as when you do you will wish you had did it years ago don’t waste anymore time

For you older guys, is it problem that you're on trt and still jacked in your 40s while the mrs is aging at the normal pace? Sex drive also might become incompatible

Maybe a work around is slipping dbol powder in her coffee.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2021, 08:32:58 AM »
If you have low test, there is nothing wrong with TRT, as low test can cause a myriad of issues, including depression.

If I get to that point, I'll likely explore it, but I'm not there yet.

Had levels checked mid year.

If I went on it now, I know I'd ego lift and get hurt.

This is the right idea.

Has the OP even had his test levels checked?  He did not mention  it.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2021, 09:19:31 AM »
For you older guys, is it problem that you're on trt and still jacked in your 40s while the mrs is aging at the normal pace? Sex drive also might become incompatible

Maybe a work around is slipping dbol powder in her coffee.

Not quite 40s yet and don’t consider self jacked haha but yes truthfully can be an issue with the higher sex drive I don’t know of a work around, in my case I don’t really care as debating throwing her out and get younger/better model in a few more years once kids are older but those who value their relationship i can see it causing problems

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2021, 09:40:10 AM »

TRT is for people with low test levels. Lab work will determine this. Your doctor will prescribe the correct dose and monitor your labs to avoid any of the issues you are concerned about. You should also have you PSA monitored. Oral anabolic steroids have been known to cause liver problems. However, they are mostly illegal and limited to specific use. I doubt your doctor would prescribe them. Your primary care physician may recommend you see an endocrinologist.