Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 744577 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #6400 on: May 09, 2021, 04:53:53 AM »
Same shit, different coin. Not good for cryptos.short term outlook.  These runs always end badly.

]Ethereum Classic’s ‘Irrational’ Price Tripling Bears Hallmark of Dogecoin Frenzy
Analysts see speculative fever rather than informed bets on the blockchain’s future technological potential.

https://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-classic-tripling-price-dogecoin

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6401 on: May 09, 2021, 04:54:31 AM »
You think we're at the peak of this bullrun?

Yes, very close. That's just my opinion based on my years in this environment.  People are being way too optimistic and thats usually when shit hits the fan. There are coins hitting prices they have no business hitting. Its going to hurt alot of people and then the politicians will enter the space to try and "protect" the public. All downhill after that for a period of time

If you're here for thr long term then just store it and forget about it for the next few years. If youre trading id be more reluctant to be longing anything in any serious manner. I have my trading account locked up in usdt for the time being.

Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, only time will tell. Thats the only real constant here.

That's why I always preach to take some profit. At least take out your original capital.  Then what happens next won't hurt .....as much. Lol

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6402 on: May 09, 2021, 06:31:53 AM »
Relax buttercup. This bull run is maybe 50% done. We have a good solid month of gains still to come before we get a proper correction.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6403 on: May 09, 2021, 07:03:33 AM »
Relax buttercup. This bull run is maybe 50% done. We have a good solid month of gains still to come before we get a proper correction.

Unless the gov is giving more stimulus money. These runs are over. 

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6404 on: May 09, 2021, 07:06:52 AM »

Yeah, cos only Americans buy crypto

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #6405 on: May 09, 2021, 07:08:50 AM »

Still like VET?
Y

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6406 on: May 09, 2021, 07:17:11 AM »

I'm very relaxed sunshine.  ;D

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6407 on: May 09, 2021, 07:49:17 AM »

Another multi trullion dollar spending package is potentially in the works. That has a huge effect as well.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #6408 on: May 09, 2021, 10:37:07 AM »
https://cointelegraph.com/news/shanghai-man-vechain-on-tv-doge-flips-btc-hotbit-hack-blockchain-engineers-make

VeChain on Chinese national TV

English-language and state-run business channel CGTN created a short expository video on blockchain’s growth post-COVID19. The video and article featured a close look at VeChain’s progress in developing business solutions, explaining how the technology could be applied to the food safety and infection control industry.

The media company shot a short video inside the office and interviewed a few of the developers, indicating that the company has done well to comply with regulatory requirements in the tightly run country.

It’s no secret that VeChain has a top position and close relationship with many government backed organizations, which is an enviable position for any enterprise Blockchain-as-a-Service provider.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #6409 on: May 09, 2021, 10:46:06 AM »
https://ambcrypto.com/ripple-execs-on-xrp-heres-why-2021-is-already-off-to-a-roaring-start/

Ripple Execs on XRP; here’s why 2021 is already off to a roaring start

Lately, any news about Ripple pertains to the XRP lawsuit that the SEC filed against the firm in December 2020. However, the firm’s quarterly report projects an optimistic picture for the digital asset, as XRP sales more than doubled from the previous quarter.

According to the General Manager of RippleNet Asheesh Birla,

“In 2020 alone, over three million transactions crossed the network, with Southeast Asia leading the charge. Furthermore, 2021 is already off to a roaring start, particularly across the Middle East and Latin America.”

On CBDCs, she added:

“[CBDCs] will be a major acceleration for the adoption of Ripple’s technology. We are going to be there. We are meeting and currently discussing strategy with various central banks around the world.”

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6410 on: May 09, 2021, 10:58:06 AM »
https://cointelegraph.com/news/shanghai-man-vechain-on-tv-doge-flips-btc-hotbit-hack-blockchain-engineers-make

VeChain on Chinese national TV

English-language and state-run business channel CGTN created a short expository video on blockchain’s growth post-COVID19. The video and article featured a close look at VeChain’s progress in developing business solutions, explaining how the technology could be applied to the food safety and infection control industry.

The media company shot a short video inside the office and interviewed a few of the developers, indicating that the company has done well to comply with regulatory requirements in the tightly run country.

It’s no secret that VeChain has a top position and close relationship with many government backed organizations, which is an enviable position for any enterprise Blockchain-as-a-Service provider.

For what it's worth, I've said for quite some time (echoing some of the top economists of our time) that China is the rising world superpower that will dethrone the USA. If you look at its growth from the early 90s to now, it's nothing short of amazing. They already beat us in trade, hold a decent amount of our debt and are so much more productive given that they don't have any of our pesky labor laws or work unions.

Vechain has no competitors, is best suited to take China to the next frontier via their patents for systems that reduce carbon emissions (exactly what China wants in their 5 year plan), VeChains ability to functionalize the digital Yuan and Vechain's scalability through retail (there's a reason they have partnerships with Amazon, Walmart, BMW, Price Waterhouse Coopers and Deloitte).

How big VeChain will become is anyone's guess. While the price is so cheap, picking up a 1-2,000 $VET isn't a bad idea at all (keeping in mind that at its current price of $0.22 USD, you can buy over 1800 $VET for just about $400 USD, it's a cheap enough investment into a crypto that has good potential to be part of the heart of trade in Asia). That being said, don't take anything I say as investment advice, I am an accountant and I know my role.

"1"

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #6411 on: May 09, 2021, 11:39:59 AM »
Cuban really is thick as 2 planks. He's been incredibly lucky and has some personality skills that have led to success. But intelligence is not one of them.

Being a billionaire takes some kind of intelligence....

BossBoss

• Getbig III
  • part-time IFBB-Professional
« Reply #6412 on: May 09, 2021, 12:01:03 PM »
Boo Hoo Doggie seems to have done a doo doo.

Yes, you all DOGE lovers got scammed and prank by musk.

Lesson learned I hope.

Doge will hit 1$ soon.

I printed your post and put it on my wall..

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6413 on: May 09, 2021, 01:38:53 PM »
Doge will hit 1$ soon.

I printed your post and put it on my wall..

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Hopefully you get something out of your loyalty to Doge, but Doge won't be winning anything.

It will get pumped and dumped until bag holders go broke or leave Doge. Meanwhile most of those who cash in will eventually just reinvest in Bitcoin and Eth.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6414 on: May 09, 2021, 03:00:11 PM »

Think it could test 59k again today.

I may have to eat my words. Lol will it be able to squeeze out enough to get to 59k in the next 6 hrs?

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6415 on: May 09, 2021, 05:37:18 PM »
The dollar has been collapsing for decades. What was the buying power of the dollar 50 years ago compared to today? When I say the dollar is collapsing I mean the buying power reduces as time goes on.

Things are more expensive across the board. And not just the USA but Australia, UK etc. They are blaming Covid for this but perhaps this is the new normal. Banks also offer pathetic savings interest rates. You can't leave dollars in a bank account because it loses value and does not earn any significant interest, certainly less than the inflation rate. That's why Max Keiser is saying cash is trash. So why would people exit the crypto market causing a collapse of the prices when cash is trash?

Cheers for clarifying what you mean by collapsing (devaluation). The fundamental nature of our monetary system is growth = inflation of prices which you get by devaluation of currency and debt.

Absolutely cash is trash right now because QE is stuck in banks and the wealthy and it’s buying up financial assets. Your wages haven’t increased yet your property just flew up 30%. I have a stack of posts about how that functions on here.

You need to remember the entire USD monetary system is leveraged 25x. THAT is the problem which you are forgetting. Debt is a zero sum game because it nets out to zero (asset & liability). Of The money you see in the system, only 4% of it is real which is why the govts shit themselves over a market crash because when it unwinds it causes a liquidity crises at the speed of computers.

We did not allow a reset post GFC. We did not allow a reset post pandemic. So now we have stock valuations at 70x earning instead of 10x. Loss of confidence = liquidity crises = deflationary spiral = Prices fall = hyperinflation outcome.

If Bitcoin was $100 and all debt unwound the price of Bitcoin is $4. Crypto pricing is part of the fiat system and bound to the same rules and risks. If I walk up to you and offer you 0.00000001 BTC for your house you have NFI whether that is a good deal or not unless you convert into fiat value. That’s the reality, not the narrative.

When BTC taps 200k+ in the next few months it is by design (reality), not the narrative. The peak of 2017 you held and everybody dumped. You bought the narrative. In a few months time at 200K+ it will dump. If you hold it’s because you bought the narrative.

Don’t kid yourself the downswing on crypto after the parabolic run is going to melt faces off people
While you scream diamond 🙌

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6416 on: May 09, 2021, 11:10:28 PM »
Yeah, cos only Americans buy crypto

LOL! Great point. :)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6417 on: May 09, 2021, 11:15:58 PM »
Hopefully you get something out of your loyalty to Doge, but Doge won't be winning anything.

It will get pumped and dumped until bag holders go broke or leave Doge. Meanwhile most of those who cash in will eventually just reinvest in Bitcoin and Eth.

Correct. All the alt pump and dumpsters each cycle ultimately unload leaving suckers holding the bag. But they stay primarily in the crypto ecosystem and use BTC as their benchmark of wealth as well as a long term store of wealth. Happens every cycle...

Meanwhile, those burned on alts swear "never again" only to dip their toes back into the market again next cycle, only this time they play it safer and stick to BTC - lesson learned...

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #6418 on: May 09, 2021, 11:55:01 PM »
Cheers for clarifying what you mean by collapsing (devaluation). The fundamental nature of our monetary system is growth = inflation of prices which you get by devaluation of currency and debt.

Absolutely cash is trash right now because QE is stuck in banks and the wealthy and it’s buying up financial assets. Your wages haven’t increased yet your property just flew up 30%. I have a stack of posts about how that functions on here.

You need to remember the entire USD monetary system is leveraged 25x. THAT is the problem which you are forgetting. Debt is a zero sum game because it nets out to zero (asset & liability). Of The money you see in the system, only 4% of it is real which is why the govts shit themselves over a market crash because when it unwinds it causes a liquidity crises at the speed of computers.

We did not allow a reset post GFC. We did not allow a reset post pandemic. So now we have stock valuations at 70x earning instead of 10x. Loss of confidence = liquidity crises = deflationary spiral = Prices fall = hyperinflation outcome.

If Bitcoin was $100 and all debt unwound the price of Bitcoin is $4. Crypto pricing is part of the fiat system and bound to the same rules and risks. If I walk up to you and offer you 0.00000001 BTC for your house you have NFI whether that is a good deal or not unless you convert into fiat value. That’s the reality, not the narrative.

When BTC taps 200k+ in the next few months it is by design (reality), not the narrative. The peak of 2017 you held and everybody dumped. You bought the narrative. In a few months time at 200K+ it will dump. If you hold it’s because you bought the narrative.

Don’t kid yourself the downswing on crypto after the parabolic run is going to melt faces off people
While you scream diamond 🙌

How long do you think we have left in this bull run?

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6419 on: May 10, 2021, 12:10:59 AM »
How long do you think we have left in this bull run?

Im probably calling it earlier than anyone.

ETH June (approx 5-6 weeks)

BTC July (approx 9-10 weeks)

Back on the 5th I called an ETH target of 4,200 for the 10th May and it’s damn close.

As for the rest of it..... well I’m somewhat perplexed at why BTC still hasn’t done anything. I’d like 80k this month.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6420 on: May 10, 2021, 01:44:03 AM »
Im probably calling it earlier than anyone.

ETH June (approx 5-6 weeks)

BTC July (approx 9-10 weeks)

Back on the 5th I called an ETH target of 4,200 for the 10th May and it’s damn close.

As for the rest of it..... well I’m somewhat perplexed at why BTC still hasn’t done anything. I’d like 80k this month.

I believe one of the reasons BTC isnt that high is because just about every prominent youtube channel is spreading the same message of the last bull market cycle and that is,  money is going to go into the large mid cap coins and then it'll go into lower cap coins and eventually circle back into Ethereum and BTC toward the end of the cycle.  The same chart is shown on all of the channels. Viewers follow along.

A few times  I watched Banter Crypto and AS SOON as they mention the next alt coin to move, it starts pumping. Its amusing as hell and Ill admit  I jumped in once and got out 2 days later and made some good gains. After that, it typically starts going down quicker and quicker every following day.

That one channel has over 15,000 viewers on a live stream. its incredible.

Also, the majority of retail don't know that you can buy a fraction of a bitcoin, so they just go down the list and pick a cheaper priced and cool looking token or whatever is hot in the news at that particular time.

Regarding your June prediction, isnt some big Ethereum news supposed to come out in July? Maybe that will actually pump and extend the market even more in anticipation?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6421 on: May 10, 2021, 02:00:46 AM »
Correct. All the alt pump and dumpsters each cycle ultimately unload leaving suckers holding the bag. But they stay primarily in the crypto ecosystem and use BTC as their benchmark of wealth as well as a long term store of wealth. Happens every cycle...

Meanwhile, those burned on alts swear "never again" only to dip their toes back into the market again next cycle, only this time they play it safer and stick to BTC - lesson learned...

There will be some alts that will survive a crash and head into the next bull run.

Polkadot, Chainlink, Cardano, Theata, VeChain, etc.. they have utility. They arent going away any time soon.  Alot of f the other alts will get nuked.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6422 on: May 10, 2021, 03:27:34 AM »
I believe one of the reasons BTC isnt that high is because just about every prominent youtube channel is spreading the same message of the last bull market cycle and that is,  money is going to go into the large mid cap coins and then it'll go into lower cap coins and eventually circle back into Ethereum and BTC toward the end of the cycle.  The same chart is shown on all of the channels. Viewers follow along.

A few times  I watched Banter Crypto and AS SOON as they mention the next alt coin to move, it starts pumping. Its amusing as hell and Ill admit  I jumped in once and got out 2 days later and made some good gains. After that, it typically starts going down quicker and quicker every following day.

That one channel has over 15,000 viewers on a live stream. its incredible.

Also, the majority of retail don't know that you can buy a fraction of a bitcoin, so they just go down the list and pick a cheaper priced and cool looking token or whatever is hot in the news at that particular time.

Regarding your June prediction, isnt some big Ethereum news supposed to come out in July? Maybe that will actually pump and extend the market even more in anticipation?

Your top point is a fair comment but I’d argue over a timeline the capital will flow into BTC and ETH therefore won’t influence the outcome. As people get burned in alts they will come to BTC and ETH. You only hear the success stories, nobody posts about getting wreckt.

The major Social media BTC people are driving the ‘Sats’ narrative which is expected and I think a very good initiative to show new markets buyers they can afford Sats.

Your last point is the 1559 protocol Starting mid July. No, I don’t think it extends anything. No, I don’t think that is what is the core driving factor in the ETH rally.

I expect a BTC breakout is imminent.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6423 on: May 10, 2021, 04:25:43 AM »
As people get burned in alts they will come to BTC and ETH. You only hear the success stories, nobody posts about getting wreckt.

I thnk theres the potential DOGE will contribute to cryptos overall short term price drop. It is ranked 4th in market cap, that money isnt going to stay on a sinking ship. The retail bandwagoners will pull out and never look at crypto again and eventually the remaining whales will either buy BTC and ETH or leave crypto themselves filthy rich.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6424 on: May 10, 2021, 04:34:07 AM »
Your top point is a fair comment but I’d argue over a timeline the capital will flow into BTC and ETH therefore won’t influence the outcome. As people get burned in alts they will come to BTC and ETH. You only hear the success stories, nobody posts about getting wreckt.

The major Social media BTC people are driving the ‘Sats’ narrative which is expected and I think a very good initiative to show new markets buyers they can afford Sats.

Your last point is the 1559 protocol Starting mid July. No, I don’t think it extends anything. No, I don’t think that is what is the core driving factor in the ETH rally.

I expect a BTC breakout is imminent.
Speaking for myself I have staked a significant amount of Ethereum and earning 6% APR on it. I can't touch it till Ethereum 2.0 is done. And I am fine with that. I don't care if the market corrects 50% or more. I am holding it long term. In 2018 we did not have staking in the equation. There's a lot of Ethereum and Cardano staked which removes the tokens from circulation. Then with Bitcoin you have a number of investors that have diamond hands. A guy like Michael Saylor is not going to sell his BTC even if it crashes 50% or more because he does not want to pay any capital gains taxes. He has said in some interviews that he has already priced in market corrections.

One thing I will do is send some small amount of crypto to a decentralized exchange and start playing with it to see if I can trade up to a bigger position with that. Guys like Bitboy also do that. They don't expose their entire portfolio to trading. His approach is to make a little here, a little there until it all eventually adds up.

And I am going to cash out anywhere from $100k-200k at some point this year. I'll pay taxes on that. I will be able to deduct my electrical and equipment expenses etc. which is over $50k at this point. I also bought some cryptos in 2017 with cash which will reduce my capital gains tax. One thing most should try and avoid in the USA is to have more than $400,000 in capital gains unless you like paying taxes.