Author Topic: Is it sad that Flex Wheeler never won Mr Olympia, and Phil heath is 7x winner?  (Read 9388 times)

NickEdge779

• Getbig III
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

The comparison is not even close.  :-X

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
The competition was better then. Can't blame some guy for being the best of his era, if that era sucks.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Who fucking cares?
Y

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
It’s even more sadder to see flex and Kevin making comebacks

Purge_WTF

Flex and Shawn Ray should've won multiple times.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Flex and Shawn Ray should've won multiple times.

agreed

is it wrong to spread the love around in this sport?

or is it you must clearly defeat the champ type of vibe?

Purge_WTF

agreed

is it wrong to spread the love around in this sport?

or is it you must clearly defeat the champ type of vibe?

The latter. It's like being on the Supreme Court - you have it until you die, unless you really screw it up.

Disco187

• Getbig IV
  • "Fuck Ordinary"

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino

me

Guy 1: "What's wrong dude, why so down?"

Disco187: "Just can't get over the fact Flex never won the O, but Heath may win more than anyone"

Guy 1: "Aw man, I feel for you"

::)
Y

be back

Guy 1: "What's wrong dude, why so down?"

Disco187: "Just can't get over the fact Flex never won the O, but Heath may win more than anyone"

Guy 1: "Who?, and whats "the O"?"

::)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Flex should have laid off the oil, dieted and actually showed up in shape (outside of 93 he never looked like he put it all together ever again).

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Imo, the only year that Flex could have won the Mr. Olympia was in 1993. Had Dorian showed up as he had in 1992, I think Flex could have edged him out, but Dorian was just too massive (256-257 pounds).

What's sad is that Shawn Ray never won it. He was VERY deserving of at least 2 wins if not more had Dorian not been around.

Other uncrowned Mr. Olympias imo:

Tom Platz/Danny Padilla (1981)
Lou Ferrigno (he could have won it in the late 70's when Arnold retired and 1982/1983 with his Hercules size and condition).
Kevin Levrone (unfortunately for him he competed against guys who just managed to edge him out).
Nasser El Sonbaty (1997)
Robby Robinson (late 70's)
Mike Mentzer (late 70's)

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
It’s even more sadder to see flex and Kevin making comebacks

My thoughts on Comebacks:

Bevo

• Getbig V
My thoughts on Comebacks:

I’ve always said you were the smart one, even if people ridiculed you for living the life after bbing, you put it all out there, called it quits and enjoying your life afterwards

Kevin, not so much and after flex’s health issues, don’t understand why he bothers

Do they both look good at 50+? Sure, but from a competitive standpoint? No

Good to see Cormier doing the training part and jay promoting bbing, not having to compete

VladimirVersic

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
Imo, the only year that Flex could have won the Mr. Olympia was in 1993. Had Dorian showed up as he had in 1992, I think Flex could have edged him out, but Dorian was just too massive (256-257 pounds).

What's sad is that Shawn Ray never won it. He was VERY deserving of at least 2 wins if not more had Dorian not been around.

Lou Ferrigno (he could have won it in the late 70's when Arnold retired and 1982/1983 with his Hercules size and condition).
Kevin Levrone (unfortunately for him he competed against guys who just managed to edge him out).
Nasser El Sonbaty (1997)
Mike Mentzer (late 70's)

Since it is a subjective sport. Is what the powers that be that decide who is winning.
Many not very deserving wins and Mr. O eras trough bb history . It is what it is.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Nasser El Sonbaty (1997)
Mike Mentzer (late 70's)

Victor 07.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
I’ll never feel sorry for a delusional, oil-bag drug addict

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
flex was an egomaniac with a synthol addiction.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Agree, Flex at his best beats Heath rather easily. Flex competed against the best. Heath's only real competition was Kai, Dexter and Jay.

denarii

• Getbig V
how this guy never won, ill never know

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
Flex should have laid off the oil, dieted and actually showed up in shape (outside of 93 he never looked like he put it all together ever again).

Props! He was sooo oily in his later years it was not even funny. It started to show 99 and looked crap in 00. And he was never really cut enough.
MIRAGETROPIN

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
Is it sad that Flex Wheeler never won Mr Olympia, and Phil heath is 7x winner?

Yes, I cry myself to sleep every night thinking about this tragedy. I've become withdrawn from friends and family.

Doctors have me on a heavy cocktail of antidepressants and sedatives in order to cope with the trauma.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
I’ve always said you were the smart one, even if people ridiculed you for living the life after bbing, you put it all out there, called it quits and enjoying your life afterwards

Kevin, not so much and after flex’s health issues, don’t understand why he bothers

Do they both look good at 50+? Sure, but from a competitive standpoint? No

Good to see Cormier doing the training part and jay promoting bbing, not having to compete
I think people also have to be fulfilled in other aspects of their lives as well. Lee Haney's wife didn't want him to continue on, IIRC. His family is what had grounded him.

Flex mainly lost due to himself, he self sabotaged himself many times. Then the synthol. And then when he didn't come in shape, and Ronnie did, that shut the door on everything. Kevin needed a better back, and needed to decide whether he wanted to be a bodybuilder, singer, or actor. He was only good at the first two. And because both never won, they have a bitter pill in their mouths, they still haven't swallowed. And they still miss the lime light. The void needs to be filled somehow, so probably figure going back to the same ol, same ol.

TTfit

• Getbig III
It is the best who is on stage that day. End of story.

Bevo

• Getbig V
I think people also have to be fulfilled in other aspects of their lives as well. Lee Haney's wife didn't want him to continue on, IIRC. His family is what had grounded him.

Flex mainly lost due to himself, he self sabotaged himself many times. Then the synthol. And then when he didn't come in shape, and Ronnie did, that shut the door on everything. Kevin needed a better back, and needed to decide whether he wanted to be a bodybuilder, singer, or actor. He was only good at the first two. And because both never won, they have a bitter pill in their mouths, they still haven't swallowed. And they still miss the lime light. The void needs to be filled somehow, so probably figure going back to the same ol, same ol.

Exactly! Even mental case Tom Prince stepped away for good after kidney issues