Author Topic: RIP ARETHA FRANKLIN  (Read 11083 times)

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
RIP ARETHA FRANKLIN
« on: August 16, 2018, 07:53:17 AM »
She died for us bitches.
K

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
RIP ARETHA FRANKLIN ( ICON)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 08:02:14 AM »
She was great in blues brothers
p

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: was Aretha Franklin saved?
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 08:22:30 AM »
She died for us bitches.

If anyone was saved, it would have been her.    :'(
A

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 08:26:59 AM »
we have a saying in Serbian " Ko peva zlo ne misli "

The one who sings does not think of evil-doing

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
Re: RIP ARETHA FRANKLIN ( ICON)
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 08:27:14 AM »
sorry didn't see this was posted already doesn't matter what kind of music you like if you didn't like most of her songs
then you didn't know music there is Aretha and all others who wanted to be Aretha
p

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 08:31:55 AM »
Never a big fan of her voice. I actually preferred her sister Carolyn's voice.
When it comes to Soul music, the best singers are males: Donny Hathaway, Curtis Mayfield, Sam Cooke, Marvin, etc.....

Kwon3

Re: RIP ARETHA FRANKLIN
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 12:01:18 PM »
Saved or?

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 12:14:21 PM »

If anyone was saved, it would have been her.    :'(

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2018, 12:28:00 PM »
its with its father now, the prince of darkness... singing an entirely different tune.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 12:58:41 PM »

Come On now, you believe that mental youtuber?

Kwon3

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2018, 01:17:23 PM »
see what i mean
i mentioned this in the coleman thread too
you only go after what's zany or patently false

why can't everyone in the country do that? We'd be a lot happier as a society and could finally trust each other rather than assume a defensive posture whenever someone with different melanin levels walks by.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 01:21:36 PM »

I can tell u this much... them look a lot more like gigantic man hands than anything to do with a female

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2018, 01:42:40 PM »

Gayer than two men bitching about women's hands.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2018, 02:41:30 PM »
Some time ago, Rolling Stone magazine ranked the 100 greatest singers of all time.  Aretha ranked #1.  Other music magazines have had similar surveys and used algorithms with input from their editors, critics, and other musicians.  Every time Aretha comes out #1.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/100-greatest-singers-of-all-time-147019/james-brown-18-226503/

My favorites:
Respect, 1967
Think, 1968
Like A Natural Woman, 1967
Deeper Love, 1994
Ain't No Way, 1968  (if I want to cry, I just play this song)
Knew You Were Waiting (For Me), 1987
Who's Zoomin' Who?, 1985

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2018, 03:00:53 PM »
see what i mean
i mentioned this in the coleman thread too
you only go after what's zany or patently false

why can't everyone in the country do that? We'd be a lot happier as a society and could finally trust each other rather than assume a defensive posture whenever someone with different melanin levels walks by.
I think when it comes to celebrities, people often want to believe the extremes, because it’s what separates the celebs from them. And there is no lack of extreme behavior by celebs themselves, like Howard Hughes for example.

When it comes to race, it’s the same thing. Many of the white posters on here act just like the black posters on The Root.

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills

Kwon3

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2018, 04:01:11 PM »
I think when it comes to celebrities, people often want to believe the extremes, because it’s what separates the celebs from them. And there is no lack of extreme behavior by celebs themselves, like Howard Hughes for example.

When it comes to race, it’s the same thing. Many of the white posters on here act just like the black posters on The Root.
There's a stronger far-right, hypernationalist movement here than on that site, though. Also, while black racists do exist there, there's an overwhelmingly majority of white ones here. So much so that the black or non-White posters don't even fight it anymore, haha. It's like playing wackamole with 50 holes. Also, the Root has women, who post their typical views and balance the discussion somewhat. There's no women here and that's taken the board to a radical level of vitriol and hatred that doesn't occur on sites with a less homogeneous (gender-wise) user base. Literally nothing is too over the top or absurd to be posted or believed here. Now that the legendary trolls have all retired by outing or boredom, what's left is the Trump-mania enthusiasts and the generally frustrated and resentful angry Caucasian majority. If we tried this on facebook or twitter, we'd be banned or deleted in hours. This is one of the last bastions of anti-everyone-else speech where most of what we write is tolerated or even encouraged. There are 4-5 unbending white liberals but they're vastly outnumbered and, though I'm biased, I find their arguments against us weak and generally rooted in contrarian emotional responses rather than well-documented and sourced data.

So with that backdrop in mind, I can see why posting here would be amusing to a black person because you get to see white people at their most extreme and petty.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2018, 05:20:20 PM »
Some time ago, Rolling Stone magazine ranked the 100 greatest singers of all time.  Aretha ranked #1.  Other music magazines have had similar surveys and used algorithms with input from their editors, critics, and other musicians.  Every time Aretha comes out #1.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/100-greatest-singers-of-all-time-147019/james-brown-18-226503/

My favorites:
Respect, 1967
Think, 1968
Like A Natural Woman, 1967
Deeper Love, 1994
Ain't No Way, 1968  (if I want to cry, I just play this song)
Knew You Were Waiting (For Me), 1987
Who's Zoomin' Who?, 1985

Rolling Stone is a ridiculous publication.

Look at its top 100 guitarists list.

Anyway, I despise this lard broad’s voice. Beyond annoying and unpleasant.

But to each his own.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2018, 09:25:21 PM »
Never a big fan, I much preferred Whitney Houston. Pip anyway.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2018, 10:32:08 PM »
Leave it to getbig to have posters come in only to run a music icons name through the mud. Amazing

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2018, 10:38:38 PM »
Glad she’s dead.

The flatulence this beast must have emitted ... Our ozone can only take so much.

Stan Diego

• Getbig III
  • A whales vagina
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2018, 10:47:25 PM »
There's a stronger far-right, hypernationalist movement here than on that site, though. Also, while black racists do exist there, there's an overwhelmingly majority of white ones here. So much so that the black or non-White posters don't even fight it anymore, haha. It's like playing wackamole with 50 holes. Also, the Root has women, who post their typical views and balance the discussion somewhat. There's no women here and that's taken the board to a radical level of vitriol and hatred that doesn't occur on sites with a less homogeneous (gender-wise) user base. Literally nothing is too over the top or absurd to be posted or believed here. Now that the legendary trolls have all retired by outing or boredom, what's left is the Trump-mania enthusiasts and the generally frustrated and resentful angry Caucasian majority. If we tried this on facebook or twitter, we'd be banned or deleted in hours. This is one of the last bastions of anti-everyone-else speech where most of what we write is tolerated or even encouraged. There are 4-5 unbending white liberals but they're vastly outnumbered and, though I'm biased, I find their arguments against us weak and generally rooted in contrarian emotional responses rather than well-documented and sourced data.

So with that backdrop in mind, I can see why posting here would be amusing to a black person because you get to see white people at their most extreme and petty.

Holy shit, you are such a loser. This place is your life. Pathetic

Kwon3

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2018, 10:49:06 PM »
Holy shit, you are such a loser. This place is your life. Pathetic
Do you know what facetious means?

Stan Diego

• Getbig III
  • A whales vagina
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2018, 11:03:05 PM »
Do you know what facetious means?

Never heard of him. You spend your entire life posting on this site, day and night

You are a loser

Next post, you will tell me I'm a gimmick

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2018, 11:27:28 PM »
RIP, Queen of Soul.  Rock, pop, R&B, funk, even hip-hop would not be quite what they are without Aretha's contributions to the music world.