Author Topic: disappearing calves syndrome  (Read 4672 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: disappearing calves syndrome
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2021, 05:16:01 AM »
Dennis Wolf syndrome - it's also always the "inner calf" that's gone, not the outer part. Funny look.

The only fact that has been established by scientific evidence regarding the matter: Once they're gone, they're gone - and there's no way back :D

I would rather have my shitty leg development or lack thereof instead of this guys legs.......GEEZUS he may as well just give it up...................... .............his legs just look bad.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2021, 06:31:31 AM »
We've all seen some old random dude with massive Olympian calves that any Mr. O contender would be grateful for. Weird how that works. Dorian Yates had great calves and now even with training they are way down in size and would look small next to some random old dude with massive calves. I am wondering if Yates injected some stuff into his calves like Esiclene a few days before a big contest. He should not have lost that much size in his calves - especially if he kept up training them.

Eddie Hall's calves look fantastic these days. Hafthor Bjornson also has great calves. I think Eddie's calves were measured over 22". I can believe that. My own calves peaked at around 19-19.5" at a weight of around 300lbs. I am still aiming for 20" one day.

eat more, get up to say 350 lbs.  that should do it.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2021, 07:24:54 AM »
I think its nerve damage from site injections.
This, srs

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2021, 07:29:09 AM »
I am no expert but has to be some kind of nerve damage. You can clearly see it on Dorian something went wrong on his right side we all know he didn't use to look like that

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2021, 08:05:04 AM »
Something happened to Dorian Yates' calves also. Especially his right calf. There's a chunk missing on the inner right calf.

I already posted that pic above  :D

But yeah, Dorian has some nerve problem now and he doesn't even lift weights anymore really.

I damaged a nerve somewhere while lying in hosptital on a ventilator for 3 weeks. Lost sensation on my thigh. Doc said it usually resolves in time, but may take many months.

I've lifted shit heavy for decades. I counted one 12 year period where I deadlifted at least 660lbs from the floor every single week. So far my I haven't had my gastrocs die on me but I must have disc bulges etc.

So many pro bbers with this problem. A few maybe damaged them with site injections. Ronnie had a pretty flat looking castroc at times, Dexter too but I think in the majority of the cases it's a nerve problem.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2021, 08:13:03 AM »

But yeah, Dorian has some nerve problem now and he doesn't even lift weights anymore really.

I damaged a nerve somewhere while lying in hosptital on a ventilator for 3 weeks. Lost sensation on my thigh. Doc said it usually resolves in time, but may take many months.

I've lifted shit heavy for decades. I counted one 12 year period where I deadlifted at least 660lbs from the floor every single week. So far my I haven't had my gastrocs die on me but I must have disc bulges etc.

So many pro bbers with this problem. A few maybe damaged them with site injections. Ronnie had a pretty flat looking castroc at times, Dexter too but I think in the majority of the cases it's a nerve problem.
Definate nerve problem. And like I wrote I'm pretty confident it's the Thoracic nerve now. Because that nerve affects the gastrocs and the lats. Which are all affected in these guys. Look at the pic of Dennis Wolfs last contest from 2018 where its very apparent.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2021, 10:38:59 AM »
Bodybuilders like Coleman, A Baker, Pearson, Wheeler, D Jackson , Ferrig... etc... all appeared to have some type of Calf Assist™ which most of them seemed to have removed later on or they 'dissipated' on their own, depending on what was in their calves. Coleman, Wheeler(see last contest), and Jackson ended up with the inner Calf Melt©, whereas Pearson seemed to go back to his original calves, small, but inner calves intact, possibly due to 'mere' implants and not muscle-deforming oils.

Roland Cziurlock had good calves but later on lost the 'good calf genetics' look in favor of larger, calf-diminishing inner knees, possibly the lower sartorius picking up the slack for inner calves due to postural issues. Cziurlock did not, however, suffer from inner Calf Melt©.

JP F*x lost his full calf look and ended up with more awkward calves after his squat mishap.

Gunter Schlierkamp seems to now have inner Calf Melt©, although he always had an awkward knee/calf posture, reminiscent of C. Schwarzenegger, sans adipose tissue and non-tapering ankles:

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2021, 11:10:00 AM »
Genuinely fascinating thread  8)
T

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2021, 01:04:59 PM »
eat more, get up to say 350 lbs.  that should do it.
Lol yeah I am sure that would get them to 20". And I would reach 350 lbs easy if I started eating like Eddie, Thor and Shaw. I eat a fraction of what they ingest. Of course I am not ripped at those weights but neither are they. I am trying to lose weight. I was 292 lbs two nights ago. Getting the calves to 20" would be really tough while losing weight. But they will probably look better at a lower bodyfat even if they are smaller. Steve Reeves had 18" calves and they looked really good on his frame.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2021, 01:13:59 PM »
Dennis could get his calves and legs to grow with just 1 set of upright rows.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2021, 02:20:47 PM »
Dennis could get his calves and legs to grow with just 1 set of upright rows.

Hahahaha!  If that's not your work and it really did make it into print then that's hilarious!! ;D ;D
T

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2021, 02:38:46 PM »
Ahmed Haidar. In the end of his competetive career lost his lats and inner calves. Just like Iain And Wolf.

I'm sure Haider's embarrassed by it, he's always in track pants, and when posts end of career pics or current shots he crops them mid quad. It's interesting in a weird way.

--------------------------------------

Also just because I hadn't seen it before, Haider and Samir schmoing out a little in 98 -

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2021, 04:54:15 PM »
Real pic

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2021, 11:01:59 AM »
Real pic
Not to be rude or anything but that just looks like a result of the typical cousin marriages that is so prevalent there

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2021, 12:55:10 PM »
Ramys lower lats are taking a hike aswell it seems

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2021, 01:28:25 PM »

That is some serious weight and for a 12 year period is amazing.  On a ventilator due to covid?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2021, 01:47:54 PM »
Real pic

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT9R67sjkG0/ .

I got curious, this guy had Polio as a kid. It's interesting that he has basically not much upper leg, but relatively great calves. There were a few Olympic lifters with Polio years ago, Doug Hepburn being the most famous, but they just had withered calves. 

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2021, 05:14:48 PM »
That is some serious weight and for a 12 year period is amazing.  On a ventilator due to covid?

Yes Covid hit me hard. Very unpleasant experience.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2021, 05:23:31 AM »
Dennis Wolf syndrome - it's also always the "inner calf" that's gone, not the outer part. Funny look.

The only fact that has been established by scientific evidence regarding the matter: Once they're gone, they're gone - and there's no way back :D

Geez...
Was unaware of that condition.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2022, 12:03:39 PM »
Bump for this old thread.

Nick Trigili seems to have caught on to this syndrome aswell. Maybe he read my thread who knows..

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2022, 12:55:11 PM »
I tore my calve. It popped doing heavy standing calve raises. My calves will never be the same. They look alike like ians
irongearco.com

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2022, 01:29:45 PM »
I tore my calve. It popped doing heavy standing calve raises. My calves will never be the same. They look alike like ians
the reoccuring theme here is that these bodybuilders lose their lats And calves. Not just calves. It's a nerve impingement/or damage- issue...

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2022, 01:53:06 PM »
Genuinely fascinating thread  8)

x2 really enjoyed it

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2022, 04:20:32 PM »
Nerve damage. My disc at C7 slid right and impacted the brachial plexus. Complete pressing strength loss on that side literally overnight. I went from benching like 365 on incline to not being able to do a push-up. Complete atrophy on that right side within 6 weeks. This was in April 2019, I had the neck fused at that level. Strength is back to maybe 50% of what it was but the size difference is noticeable. Pulling strength stayed intact. Legs are f-cked too. I can’t even do a seated calf raise with zero weight on my right side. It sucks, 30 years in the gym now in the trash for the most part. I’m one of the old guys on machines now.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2022, 12:53:24 AM »
Not to be rude or anything but that just looks like a result of the typical cousin marriages that is so prevalent there
Or his suicide bombing didn't go as expected.