Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Wrestling Board

WRESTLEMANIA 37 - Night ONE: Lashley retains; Belair is the B.E.S.T,

<< < (3/3)

MCWAY:

--- Quote from: MCWAY on April 10, 2021, 06:05:10 PM ---Now this is GREAT, so far. You usually don't get this kind of quality from two big men. McIntyre is channelling his inner HBK, kipping up after getting rock-bottomed a second time by Lashley.

Next, he summoned the ghost of Eddie Guerrero, by hitting three "Future Shock" DDTs similar to the "Three Amigos".

Now, he just did his Undertaker "Air Deadman" routine by diving over the top rope to hit Lashley after "The Almighty" dodges a Claymore attempt from McIntyre.

Now, he's getting his Lesnar on by doing the Kimora Lock.

I knew this would be much better than last year (not that it could be much worse). But, Lashley and McIntyre are putting on a show.

Lashley has his "Hurt Lock" full nelson hold and.....WOW!!! McIntyre went night-night and Lashley WINS!!

Maybe we'll have a new streak, as I believe Lashley is 2-0 at WrestleMania.

--- End quote ---

Never mind! I forgot Lashley lost in the Money In the Bank match at WM22.

Playboy:
I was happy to see Bobby and Roman retain. Everyone expected one of those titles to change. Sasha and Belair had a fabulous match, glad to see that they are giving Belair a chance with the ball. Shane's bumps are show stoppers...no pun intended....but he better tune it down...he's in his last 40's. Not sure what they are doing with Bray but it seems like they are slowly killing off the Fiend...TBH, I was happy Orton won. He still has a lot of gas in the tank.

WoogsRaven:

--- Quote from: Playboy on April 29, 2021, 05:06:36 AM ---I was happy to see Bobby and Roman retain. Everyone expected one of those titles to change. Sasha and Belair had a fabulous match, glad to see that they are giving Belair a chance with the ball. Shane's bumps are show stoppers...no pun intended....but he better tune it down...he's in his last 40's. Not sure what they are doing with Bray but it seems like they are slowly killing off the Fiend...TBH, I was happy Orton won. He still has a lot of gas in the tank.

--- End quote ---

Shane is 51 years old.

MCWAY:

--- Quote from: Playboy on April 29, 2021, 05:06:36 AM ---I was happy to see Bobby and Roman retain. Everyone expected one of those titles to change. Sasha and Belair had a fabulous match, glad to see that they are giving Belair a chance with the ball. Shane's bumps are show stoppers...no pun intended....but he better tune it down...he's in his last 40's. Not sure what they are doing with Bray but it seems like they are slowly killing off the Fiend...TBH, I was happy Orton won. He still has a lot of gas in the tank.

--- End quote ---

Back in the day, it was a given that whoever held the "Big Gold Belt" was going to get BEAT at 'Mania It happened six years in a row (2004-2009), ESPECIALLY if the world champ was on Smackdown.

If my math is correct, since WWE had two belts, only THREE TIMES have both champions retained the World/Universal title and WWE title respectively: WM 27 (Edge and Miz); WM 34 (Lesnar and Styles) and WM 37 (Reigns and Lashley).

That includes the "Undisputed WWF/WWE World Heavyweight Championship" (the merger of the two belts) with Helmsley, Bryan, Rollins, and Reigns winning at WMs 18, 30, 31, and 32, respectively.

Then again, it was worse in the 90s. Only ONE WWF champion had a successful title defense; that is, he left WrestleMania with the title (so Yoko's first WM 10 title defense against Luger doesn't count): Diesel, WM 11.

Babyface challengers ALWAYS won the gold: Warrior, Hogan (2x), Savage, Hart, Michaels, Taker, Austin (2x).

Heel champs were DOOMED: Slaughter, Flair, Yokozuna, Michaels, Rock.

Of course, three of those were face vs. face matches (Hogan-Warrior, Hart-Michaels, Sid-Undertaker). That also explains WM 11, because Michaels was a heel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version