Author Topic: 2021 nat. strong man contest  (Read 4640 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
2021 nat. strong man contest
« on: October 15, 2021, 09:19:00 AM »
F

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: 2021 nat. strong man contest
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 10:17:20 AM »
I'm guessing this is not the standard "North America's Strongest Man" contest, but another promotion?

It's an intermission right now, and I can't tell much from that YouTube channel. I've never seen it before.

I've gotten more motivated to train lately watching all the old Battle for the Olympia videos by MOC Video / Mitsuru O'Kane, which have to all been going up on YouTube lately. I decided to start training bodybuilding-style first, before going into any awkward and off-balance Strongman events training, like Circus Dumbbell. I really felt the 200+ days of gym closures here in Ontarifornia.  ::)

It's funny given how much stronger pro Strongmen are than pro bodybuilders, I still prefer watching the Ronnie era guys train more than the top Strongman. Maybe because they look stronger, even though they are not.

I do think Ronnie could have done well in both Strongman and powerlifting [especially]. There are a couple of elite Strongmen who are Ronnie's height or shorter - Vytautas Lalas and Dimitar Savatinov, and "World's Strongest Gay" Rob Kearney.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 10:17:59 AM »
Thanks, Funk.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 12:30:55 PM »
I'm guessing this is not the standard "North America's Strongest Man" contest, but another promotion?

It's an intermission right now, and I can't tell much from that YouTube channel. I've never seen it before.

I've gotten more motivated to train lately watching all the old Battle for the Olympia videos by MOC Video / Mitsuru O'Kane, which have to all been going up on YouTube lately. I decided to start training bodybuilding-style first, before going into any awkward and off-balance Strongman events training, like Circus Dumbbell. I really felt the 200+ days of gym closures here in Ontarifornia.  ::)

It's funny given how much stronger pro Strongmen are than pro bodybuilders, I still prefer watching the Ronnie era guys train more than the top Strongman. Maybe because they look stronger, even though they are not.

I do think Ronnie could have done well in both Strongman and powerlifting [especially]. There are a couple of elite Strongmen who are Ronnie's height or shorter - Vytautas Lalas and Dimitar Savatinov, and "World's Strongest Gay" Rob Kearney.

Stop thinking powerlifters are stronger just nonsense everyone lifts weights some just go into one sport or the other they train different reps and speciality lifts that doesn't make on group stronger whoever packs the most muscle on their frame is going to be the strongest

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2021, 01:11:22 PM »
Stop thinking powerlifters are stronger just nonsense everyone lifts weights some just go into one sport or the other they train different reps and speciality lifts that doesn't make on group stronger whoever packs the most muscle on their frame is going to be the strongest

weightlifting is mostly technique, lots of strongmen have moderate to small lean tissue and if they dieted right down they wouldnt be that big at all
Lots of weightlifters have much smaller muscles than bodybuilders.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2021, 01:53:10 PM »

Quiet stupid.

And use some punctuation.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2021, 04:09:49 PM »

&t=193s
F

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2021, 04:34:08 PM »

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2021, 04:43:12 PM »
We've all heard you blather on about your training on here. You train like a pussy and have no strength at all

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2021, 06:58:14 PM »

You’re cute, you little cutie pie you.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2021, 07:35:02 AM »
We've all heard you blather on about your training on here. You train like a pussy and have no strength at all

Doing higher reps after an injury doesn't mean someone isn't strong or training intensely. I also posted a 350lb press for a double not exactly weak. I think my results speak for themselves do yours?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2021, 09:17:49 AM »
Doing higher reps after an injury doesn't mean someone isn't strong or training intensely. I also posted a 350lb press for a double not exactly weak. I think my results speak for themselves do yours?

How old is that video? Post some recent strength videos.

I believe someone has routinely said it’s not what you were it’s what you are today.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2021, 01:54:01 PM »
How old is that video? Post some recent strength videos.

I believe someone has routinely said it’s not what you were it’s what you are today.

I am a lot stronger now but I have a pec tear I am not doing low reps that doesn't mean I am not strong

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2021, 02:00:35 PM »

top 3 stupidest things Ive ever read on the internet

staggering you have a masters yet come across as a low iq idiot on this board. Its like you do it on purpose
"

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2021, 02:19:16 PM »

staggering you have a masters yet come across as a low iq idiot on this board. Its like you do it on purpose

Bhanky is just acting stupid to kid us.  He's a member of MENSA plus an expert in just about everything.

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2021, 02:23:21 PM »
Bhanky is just acting stupid to kid us.  He's a member of MENSA plus an expert in just about everything.

hes actually pretty smart in real life,...has a Masters and has had some really good jobs

full on life meltdown in last 2 years though, cooked his brain in some manner
"

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2021, 02:24:46 PM »
hes actually pretty smart in real life,...has a Masters and has had some really good jobs

full on life meltdown in last 2 years though, cooked his brain in some manner

Mental breakdown likely.  Getbig will help him recover.

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2021, 02:31:33 PM »
Mental breakdown likely.  Getbig will help him recover.

::) :D :D
"

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2021, 05:07:01 AM »

Staggering an obese man who doesn't train thinks he knows a damn thing about  training and strength. Powerlifting is primarily technique once a muscle is trained and has learned technique it is a very simply positive correlation between size and power. Staggering a board of so called weight lifter bodybuilders doesn't understand this basic concept the muscle can't just get stronger forever once it learns CNS fiber recruitment size is the only way it is going to get stronger. I shouldn't have to explain this basic simple concept but you dumb fucks don't even lift yet seem to think you know something while promoting ass backward concepts you have been told. Big guys fake muscles not strong Bullshit you all couldn't be more wrong. A powerlifter 45 degree arm belly bounce is not even the same movement as a wide grip high chest bodybuilding bench press. It is apples and oranges. Powerlifters are trying to recruit every muscle to move the weight they barely use the chest at all bodybuilders are trying to isolate the chest and use nothing else not even the same movement to compare. But again none of you know this because you don't bodybuild or powerlift. The bigger more muscular dude is going to be stronger how the fuck this is a controversial statement here is mind blowing

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2021, 05:37:26 AM »
There are some ultra-strong 114 pound powerlifters......most of whom are stronger than most guys here and definitely stronger if you are going by pounds over bodyweight and they` re small men.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2021, 05:56:53 AM »
There are some ultra-strong 114 pound powerlifters......most of whom are stronger than most guys here and definitely stronger if you are going by pounds over bodyweight and they` re small men.

Once you start talking about ratios and relative you really have to start talking about the definition of strength. Honestly that is part of the problem people don't really understand what strength actually is who is stronger a 300lb man who can bench 500lbs but can't do a single pull-up or a 150lb man who can bench 250lbs but can also do 15 pull-ups??? Of course the 300lb man could probably pull down 150lbs more than 15 times. There is no clear correct answer. But muscle size is absolutely positively correlated to strength. That 114lb powerlifter is absolutely going to be stronger if they stop cutting weight and add 15lbs of muscle. They might not be as relatively strong though which is why they cut to 114

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2021, 06:23:52 AM »
Staggering an obese man who doesn't train thinks he knows a damn thing about  training and strength. Powerlifting is primarily technique once a muscle is trained and has learned technique it is a very simply positive correlation between size and power. Staggering a board of so called weight lifter bodybuilders doesn't understand this basic concept the muscle can't just get stronger forever once it learns CNS fiber recruitment size is the only way it is going to get stronger. I shouldn't have to explain this basic simple concept but you dumb fucks don't even lift yet seem to think you know something while promoting ass backward concepts you have been told. Big guys fake muscles not strong Bullshit you all couldn't be more wrong. A powerlifter 45 degree arm belly bounce is not even the same movement as a wide grip high chest bodybuilding bench press. It is apples and oranges. Powerlifters are trying to recruit every muscle to move the weight they barely use the chest at all bodybuilders are trying to isolate the chest and use nothing else not even the same movement to compare. But again none of you know this because you don't bodybuild or powerlift. The bigger more muscular dude is going to be stronger how the fuck this is a controversial statement here is mind blowing

listen ye of little hair
dont yap like Ive never lifted. I did years and years of the entire lifestyle and also the powerlifting side of things. I have done a 415 bench, a 545 deadlift and a 515 squat. Yup that was years ago but dont act like some high and mighty. also, I can lose weight, you can never grow the hair back you bald nitwit

"

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2021, 06:24:22 AM »
Once you start talking about ratios and relative you really have to start talking about the definition of strength. Honestly that is part of the problem people don't really understand what strength actually is who is stronger a 300lb man who can bench 500lbs but can't do a single pull-up or a 150lb man who can bench 250lbs but can also do 15 pull-ups??? Of course the 300lb man could probably pull down 150lbs more than 15 times. There is no clear correct answer. But muscle size is absolutely positively correlated to strength. That 114lb powerlifter is absolutely going to be stronger if they stop cutting weight and add 15lbs of muscle. They might not be as relatively strong though which is why they cut to 114

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2021, 06:26:15 AM »
End thread.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2021, 06:34:16 AM »
listen ye of little hair
dont yap like Ive never lifted. I did years and years of the entire lifestyle and also the powerlifting side of things. I have done a 415 bench, a 545 deadlift and a 515 squat. Yup that was years ago but dont act like some high and mighty. also, I can lose weight, you can never grow the hair back you bald nitwit

If you could you would you can't you are not just eating regular you are obese everyone was strong and fit in their 20s and 30s real athletes who know how to train are strong and fit for life