Author Topic: 2021 nat. strong man contest  (Read 4642 times)

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
Re: 2021 nat. strong man contest
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2021, 03:38:03 PM »
so you lift moderate weights yet someone looking at you wouldnt fail to see that you are strong?????

Yep, makes sense

I lift moderate weight for a lot of godamn reps lifting 225lbs 25 reps is harder than 315 for 1 yes? Are you people dumb

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2021, 03:40:37 PM »
Hes actually stronger than ever but because of his injuries he cant lift anywhere close to as heavy as he used to. If you only measure strength by max lifts you only have an elementary understanding of weightlifting strength.

Bhanks has world class moderate weight lifting strength.

You are fucking retarded one rep max is absolutely not the only measure of strength. Like most bodybuilders I do not attempt 1 rep maxes because that is how you get injured as muscles get stronger faster than ligaments and tendons. Just because someone is doing higher reps doesn't mean they are not strong. You also get stronger doing reps. I know what I am repping I can see my muscle size and condition vs what it used to be when I was doing lower reps I am strong as hell right now. I deliberately hold back to prevent injury. You want to know your one rep max use the calculator it is close enough

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2021, 06:21:13 PM »
You're Wolverine, bro.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2021, 06:33:13 PM »
Stop thinking powerlifters are stronger just nonsense everyone lifts weights some just go into one sport or the other they train different reps and speciality lifts that doesn't make on group stronger whoever packs the most muscle on their frame is going to be the strongest

A friend of mine is a small framed guy with not much noticeable muscle. Although his forearms are symmetrical with the rest of his physique (no Popeye arms), he can reef on things when needed. It's probably a lifetime of being a old car enthusiast who has a small collection of 60's and 70's vehicles that he maintains as an amateur mechanic. 

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2021, 06:54:05 AM »
You are fucking retarded one rep max is absolutely not the only measure of strength. Like most bodybuilders I do not attempt 1 rep maxes because that is how you get injured as muscles get stronger faster than ligaments and tendons. Just because someone is doing higher reps doesn't mean they are not strong. You also get stronger doing reps. I know what I am repping I can see my muscle size and condition vs what it used to be when I was doing lower reps I am strong as hell right now. I deliberately hold back to prevent injury. You want to know your one rep max use the calculator it is close enough

I agree. Im petitioning all of the national strength coalitions to eliminate the use of one rep maxes for meets and instead use a standard weight for reps for contests (think of the NFL combine benchpress). Powerlifting will be changed for the better.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2021, 01:37:36 PM »
I lift moderate weight for a lot of godamn reps lifting 225lbs 25 reps is harder than 315 for 1 yes? Are you people dumb

You can't lift 225 pounds of anything for 25 reps you pole smoker, much less 315.

Your little polio legs would buckle if you tried to squat 225 and we all know those tiny arms, torn chest and mangled shoulders aren't benching more than 165.

And shave your fucking head.

You still look like shit.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2021, 03:12:49 PM »
You can't lift 225 pounds of anything for 25 reps you pole smoker, much less 315.

Your little polio legs would buckle if you tried to squat 225 and we all know those tiny arms, torn chest and mangled shoulders aren't benching more than 165.

&t=636s
F

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2021, 03:39:32 PM »

:o :o :D
"

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2021, 03:43:47 PM »

My legs and back are stronger than they were in college when I would squat 405 for 5-6 reps I simply don't squat anymore but yes absolutely I could put 4 plates on each side of the bar and do a squat if I wanted. At one point I could bench 225 for about 35 reps but yes with a torn pec I am not doing that anymore but I am still strong I just have an injury I wrestled for years I would absolutely throw someone around I am very strong but not I am not one rep maxing trying to test old injuries. I have also incline pressed 315 for 6 without a spot

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2021, 03:56:02 PM »
My legs and back are stronger than they were in college when I would squat 405 for 5-6 reps I simply don't squat anymore but yes absolutely I could put 4 plates on each side of the bar and do a squat if I wanted. At one point I could bench 225 for about 35 reps but yes with a torn pec I am not doing that anymore but I am still strong I just have an injury I wrestled for years I would absolutely throw someone around I am very strong but not I am not one rep maxing trying to test old injuries. I have also incline pressed 315 for 6 without a spot

I was right.

You can't do anything i posted.

20 years ago doesn't count hanky. You know the rules.

Not even close.

Keep convincing yourself of how strong you are.

You couldn't roll 405 across the floor.

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2021, 04:02:59 PM »
I was right.

Not even close.

its like suckmymuscle and esf had a child,....granted a bald child, but a child
"

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2021, 04:09:35 PM »
I was right.

Not even close.

I can do everything you posted I don't understand why anyone would think someone who is 220lbs with single digit bodyfat and lifts everyday isn't strong just nonsense

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2021, 04:12:33 PM »

You've turned into one of those old people at the gym who brags about how much they used to lift.  The next step in your decline will be that you start using the hair dryer on your balls in front of the locker room mirror.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2021, 04:40:52 PM »
I can do everything you posted I don't understand why anyone would think someone who is 220lbs with single digit bodyfat and lifts everyday isn't strong just nonsense

No you can't.

You aren't strong.

You do fucking bodyweight squats dude.

Stop it.

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2021, 04:45:12 PM »
You've turned into one of those old people at the gym who brags about how much they used to lift.  The next step in your decline will be that you start using the hair dryer on your balls in front of the locker room mirror.

my gym still has paper towel dispenser no dryer,.....I stand in front of the dispenser and helicopter instead
"

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2021, 04:49:07 PM »
its like suckmymuscle and esf had a child,....granted a bald child, but a child

Babies are often bald....just saying.... :)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2021, 04:51:55 PM »
my gym still has paper towel dispenser no dryer,.....I stand in front of the dispenser and helicopter instead

The image this conjures up is gut busting! Stop it. You are killing me. ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2021, 04:58:44 PM »

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2021, 05:05:06 PM »
Babies are often bald....just saying.... :)

cmon man, thats a redundant comment that shouldnt have been made, you get the implication
"

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2021, 07:06:45 PM »
Post a video of you doing a proper squat with 405 then.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2021, 09:48:20 PM »
No you can't.

You aren't strong.

You do fucking bodyweight squats dude.

Stop it.

I would throw you around like a child you people couldn't be dumber if you think I am not strong

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2021, 10:05:54 PM »
I would throw you around like a child you people couldn't be dumber if you think I am not strong

Prove it!

We are talking about full grown men here!

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2021, 10:10:51 PM »
Prove it!

We are talking about full grown men here!

Again anyone who looks at my physique and doesn't think I am strong doesn't know a fucking thing about training my strength is beyond fucking obvious

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2021, 10:13:49 PM »
Again anyone who looks at my physique and doesn't think I am strong doesn't know a fucking thing about training my strength is beyond fucking obvious

Okay.

Based on that the guy who beat you at bodybuilding contest must have been EVEN stronger than you!

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2021, 10:15:30 PM »
Okay.

Based on that the guy who beat you at bodybuilding contest must have been EVEN stronger than you!

You can't be 220lbs of solid muscle and not be strong how fucking dumb are you people