Author Topic: Would you like a nomad lifestyle?  (Read 6113 times)

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
Re: Would you like a nomad lifestyle?
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2021, 04:51:19 PM »
[/youtube]

i see these types in anytime fitness in remote areas - like by the beach

seems like a cool life buts it’s just novel and diff - they seem like truck drivers, type who avoid others on purpose - i guess it’s cool if you’re an “autist” or have social probs

this dudes laughs too much for me - either on antidepressants or something - but not the life for me - shitting in a box and not knowing where the next shower is going to be is enough for me to pass

Shovers on almost all Aussie beaches ...........visibly more & more +50 surfers a running away from wife & kids , classic VW Kombi is priceless............... now only sell @ classic cars auctions ..........'moon window' model + 150K ................

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2021, 06:11:22 PM »
When my granddaughter married she and her husband went on their honeymoon in the green and white VW bus 'mooneyes' at the front of the caravan. The caravan was made up of their VW Bus and RV club friends. The caravan got considerably longer by the time the wedding ceremony started.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2021, 06:21:43 PM »
I know this technically isn't what the OP was referring to, but we live on the outskirts of the City, so lots of parks, fields and forests - beautiful

But literally yesterday, we've had a horde of what we refer to in the UK as the 'Travelling Community' descend upon us, setting up camp in the nearby nature reserve.  There are already bags of human waste and Trailer Park Boys-style piss jugs dotted here and there...

A "traveller" came to my gym years back and just up and asked me if he could buy steroids. I told the owner, "this fella here wants to buy roids." "Get the fuck out!" the owner screamed.

The travellers come to Sweden to lay asphalt on peoples driveways. They come and start working on the driveway before any agreement has been reached. Then when the house owners ask what the hell is going on they become threatening. Apparently they do a shit job too.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2021, 06:35:19 PM »
I'm all for 'roughing it' for a weekend, but I quickly start missing the comforts of life. Staying at the Miramar in Montecito, CA  is more to my liking....but not my pocketbook, unfortuantely. Presently, a beach front room runs $5,600 per night not including taxes and fees. When I was a kid in the 1950's, my parents and I would stay at the old Santa Barbara Miramar in a two bedroom cabin. I bet they didn't pay more than $100 a night.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2021, 12:15:39 AM »
When I take a shit, I want it removed from my house immediately when I flush the toilet.  Even the most luxurious RV's can't do that so fuck living in em. Only for vacations.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2021, 12:39:48 AM »
When my granddaughter married she and her husband went on their honeymoon in the green and white VW bus 'mooneyes' at the front of the caravan. The caravan was made up of their VW Bus and RV club friends. The caravan got considerably longer by the time the wedding ceremony started.

Google: 23 Window VW Kombi (1959-1964) for sale !.

Good Luck, if you get 1 for - $ 100 000  :-\

Some of them for + $ 200 000 !.

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2021, 06:57:43 PM »
Robby is relevant to this thread.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2021, 07:57:05 PM »
Robby is relevant to this thread.

Looks better than Weider ever did, even at 100.  :D

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2021, 08:25:11 PM »

Looks better than Weider ever did, even at 100.  :D
Are You disrespecting  the godfather?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2021, 10:08:48 PM »
When I take a shit, I want it removed from my house immediately when I flush the toilet.  Even the most luxurious RV's can't do that so fuck living in em. Only for vacations.

then you also don't want to live in Burj Khalifa, Dubai.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2021, 07:16:26 PM »
I'm a air conditioned gypsy.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2021, 07:23:20 PM »
I'm a air conditioned gypsy.
Sorry, thought you were Henda for a second.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2021, 07:33:57 PM »

Excellent point!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2021, 04:20:22 AM »
I want nothing to do with camping or rv life. Give me a nice hotel room or a rental luxury condo on the beach.  My brother talked me into a bike tour of around 100 miles a day from the west side of Iowa to the east. He told me it would be a slow pace and he lied. We hammered every day. We did 500 miles on the bike in five days. We slept in tents every night. It was around 90 every day and the tents were brutally hot. One thunder storm I slept in about 4" of water. Sold the Cannondale road bike soon after. Just booked a vacation. It will be a 2500 sq foot condo on the beach with three balconies. I don't rough it.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2021, 05:03:43 AM »
I want nothing to do with camping or rv life. Give me a nice hotel room or a rental luxury condo on the beach.  My brother talked me into a bike tour of around 100 miles a day from the west side of Iowa to the east. He told me it would be a slow pace and he lied. We hammered every day. We did 500 miles on the bike in five days. We slept in tents every night. It was around 90 every day and the tents were brutally hot. One thunder storm I slept in about 4" of water. Sold the Cannondale road bike soon after. Just booked a vacation. It will be a 2500 sq foot condo on the beach with three balconies. I don't rough it.

Pick your poison: 8 weeks of 2 grams of test a week or an 8 week tour of the USA in a camper van?

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2021, 05:26:36 AM »
No.  I'd rather visit a park and go home afterwards.  A few hours of that and I've had my fill.  I don't want to spend days at a time in the forests.  I'd feel antsy missing gym time.  I'd be irritated at not being able to shower with good water pressure.  When I want to feel like I'm sleeping in the woods I set the nightly noisemaker to the storm setting.   ;D

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2021, 05:52:48 AM »
u need two vehicles and a trailer at minimum , you can live well with that and 10 miles to grocery store
A

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2021, 06:28:11 AM »
Pick your poison: 8 weeks of 2 grams of test a week or an 8 week tour of the USA in a camper van?

If it's a luxury 100K plus camper Winnebago I'm touring.  I'd rather tour the country in a car and stay in hotels. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2021, 09:45:17 AM »
u need two vehicles and a trailer at minimum , you can live well with that and 10 miles to grocery store

I manage with one vehicle and no trailer. But then the nearest grocery store is less than a mile away.....and they have home delivery available.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2021, 03:47:19 AM »
I'd rather be owned by my house than be shitting in the woods.

A house isn’t really the same, I’m talking about material consumer goods … all the clothes, electronics, and other stuff that accumulates.  No room for that if you’re “nomadic”

Unless you’re constantly renovating your house to stay up w trends, in which case yes- it does own you

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2021, 05:02:16 AM »
A house isn’t really the same, I’m talking about material consumer goods … all the clothes, electronics, and other stuff that accumulates.  No room for that if you’re “nomadic”

Unless you’re constantly renovating your house to stay up w trends, in which case yes- it does own you
I agree as I am a minimalist.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2021, 05:09:49 AM »
A house is a great investment. My present house doubled in price in 15 years.  My first house almost doubled in price in 14 years. House prices go up and down but in the long term go up. Now with inflation it's the best and safest investment you can have. Traditionally house prices rise with inflation.

Someone mentioned being a minimalist. I can see that. I have a really great home gym but truth be told I could get away with something like power blocks and a bench with a few attachments or a barbell with a squat rack. Right now I have three extra bedrooms with furniture that go unused. I go in one when my wife is having one of her moaning dreams keeping me awake. I wonder what she is dreaming about? Must be something scary.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2021, 07:00:35 AM »
A house is a great investment. My present house doubled in price in 15 years.  My first house almost doubled in price in 14 years. House prices go up and down but in the long term go up. Now with inflation it's the best and safest investment you can have. Traditionally house prices rise with inflation.

Someone mentioned being a minimalist. I can see that. I have a really great home gym but truth be told I could get away with something like power blocks and a bench with a few attachments or a barbell with a squat rack. Right now I have three extra bedrooms with furniture that go unused. I go in one when my wife is having one of her moaning dreams keeping me awake. I wonder what she is dreaming about? Must be something scary.

Doubling in price in 14 years is 5% return.  And those are good years.

Now subtract all your upkeep and expenses, interest paid, value of your time spent mowing the lawn, etc.

Not so hot of an investment.  Just sayin'.

I'm in the same boat.

Owning a home is a bit of a luxury.  At least it doesn't depreciate...usually...a nd you have to live somewhere.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Brian had a probation officer but wasnt a criminal
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2021, 07:12:36 AM »
Doubling in price in 14 years is 5% return.  And those are good years.

Now subtract all your upkeep and expenses, interest paid, value of your time spent mowing the lawn, etc.

Not so hot of an investment.  Just sayin'.

I'm in the same boat.

Owning a home is a bit of a luxury.  At least it doesn't depreciate...usually...a nd you have to live somewhere.
even if a house doubles in price you still have to buy another if you sell it.
Unless you want to live in a shitty house in a shitty area you dont actually make any money

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2021, 07:33:06 AM »
even if a house doubles in price you still have to buy another if you sell it.
Unless you want to live in a shitty house in a shitty area you dont actually make any money

Very little.

The people buying now at the market peak will get killed.