Author Topic: Would you like a nomad lifestyle?  (Read 6392 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Would you like a nomad lifestyle?
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2021, 09:25:54 AM »
I agree as I am a minimalist.
According to your exes, that also includes penis size.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2021, 10:55:17 AM »
even if a house doubles in price you still have to buy another if you sell it.
Unless you want to live in a shitty house in a shitty area you dont actually make any money
Most don't think that far ahead.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2021, 10:57:20 AM »
I like having a home base.  The only time I'd consider being a nomad is if I was stanky rich and could afford to live in the best hotels worldwide.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2021, 12:18:50 PM »
Doubling in price in 14 years is 5% return.  And those are good years.

Now subtract all your upkeep and expenses, interest paid, value of your time spent mowing the lawn, etc.

Not so hot of an investment.  Just sayin'.

I'm in the same boat.

Owning a home is a bit of a luxury.  At least it doesn't depreciate...usually...a nd you have to live somewhere.

Houses are typically poor investments unless you are renting them out and having someone else pay for everything.

Factor in all the costs, taxes, repairs, etc.

Very few people actually make money on selling a house they lived in for years.

In Houston, just the property taxes alone made it impossible to make money on a house.

People forget that and just look at the cost of the house itself.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2021, 12:21:25 PM »

This guy like many others are faking it.

I've seen his videos.

He does not live in that truck.

This is just a weekend warrior who is getting attention on YouTube.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2021, 12:29:18 PM »
Living in northern New Mexico we have a lot of real nomads, it's a common lifestyle choice.

They come through my area all the time and camp out at the State Parks for days or weeks at a time.

Most of them are good people who just said fuck you to society.

Some are seedy bastards who steal shit and cause trouble.

One of my favorite hiking spots is filled with them this time of year, due to the amazing weather.

They bother the shit out of people, asking for money and supplies. Panhandling on the side of the road in groups.

I'm all for people living life on their terms, but a lot of them are not people you would typically associate with.

That said, i was at a gas station a good 100 miles east of my home, in the middle of nowhere. This grungy looking guy and his girlfriend approached me with a gas can and asked for gas. I asked him where they were from and he was from my hometown in Texas. Small world. I gave him 5 gallons and wished him luck.

You could tell they were living out of the truck bed with a camper. Wearing old clothes and had dreads. Probably hadn't showered in a while. But they seemed happy and weren't forceful, they asked nicely and kept their distance. They were probably early 20's.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2021, 01:14:12 PM »
Living in northern New Mexico we have a lot of real nomads, it's a common lifestyle choice.

They come through my area all the time and camp out at the State Parks for days or weeks at a time.

Most of them are good people who just said fuck you to society.

Some are seedy bastards who steal shit and cause trouble.

One of my favorite hiking spots is filled with them this time of year, due to the amazing weather.

They bother the shit out of people, asking for money and supplies. Panhandling on the side of the road in groups.

I'm all for people living life on their terms, but a lot of them are not people you would typically associate with.

That said, i was at a gas station a good 100 miles east of my home, in the middle of nowhere. This grungy looking guy and his girlfriend approached me with a gas can and asked for gas. I asked him where they were from and he was from my hometown in Texas. Small world. I gave him 5 gallons and wished him luck.

You could tell they were living out of the truck bed with a camper. Wearing old clothes and had dreads. Probably hadn't showered in a while. But they seemed happy and weren't forceful, they asked nicely and kept their distance. They were probably early 20's.
Santa Fe is a hotspot for hippie new agey types.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2021, 08:24:50 AM »
Houses are typically poor investments unless you are renting them out and having someone else pay for everything.

Factor in all the costs, taxes, repairs, etc.

Very few people actually make money on selling a house they lived in for years.

In Houston, just the property taxes alone made it impossible to make money on a house.

People forget that and just look at the cost of the house itself.

You have to live somewhere, so it’s either buying or renting.  It’s not like you can live somewhere for free.  And If you rent, the costs of taxes & upkeep get passed on to you anyways.

It’s not a “get rich quick” investment but generally a reliable long term investment-one in which you have a larger degree of control then securities or commodities.  Your post is accurate but lacking context imo

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2021, 10:01:01 AM »
my canadian vanlife bro decided to give it up
you’d think of all the people living like this he’d keep it going - making money off youtube(prob some small ad revenue) has his dog, always laughing/giggling, said he left his wife for “the life”

yet he posts this

[/youtube]

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2021, 11:13:22 AM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2021, 02:57:13 PM »
A house is a great investment. My present house doubled in price in 15 years.  My first house almost doubled in price in 14 years. House prices go up and down but in the long term go up. Now with inflation it's the best and safest investment you can have. Traditionally house prices rise with inflation.

Someone mentioned being a minimalist. I can see that. I have a really great home gym but truth be told I could get away with something like power blocks and a bench with a few attachments or a barbell with a squat rack. Right now I have three extra bedrooms with furniture that go unused. I go in one when my wife is having one of her moaning dreams keeping me awake. I wonder what she is dreaming about? Must be something scary.

The thing about rising house prices is that it doesn't translate to profits as long as you need another place to live when you sell it. Yes, you can sell it for twice what it was worth 15 years ago, but you will also have to pay twice as much for the new place. The main thing is with few exceptions, you don't lose value. It is not the best savings account because you pay interest on the mortgage rather then earn it on an investment.

Each time I sold one of my homes I made a good profit based on the equity, which I reinvested in the homes I purchased. Although I moved to better and better neighborhoods and bigger houses, my first and second home purchases are actually worth more than my current place because they are in the Portland and despite all the crap you read and see in the media about Portland, inner city properties are in high demand and way, way overpriced for what you get.     

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2021, 04:10:33 AM »
If you know what you’re doing (most don’t) it’s possible to buy a home that’s well maintained but with outdated finishes, perform some renovations and sell for profit.

The value added can be realized if you sell immediately or if you re-appraise and re-finance your mortgage or HELOC.

Real estate investments are unique in that it’s fair easier to leverage your money and the market itself is fairly inefficient.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2021, 11:34:13 AM »
dozens of Euro girls loved to get into my Kombi  ;) 8)

Any ever escape?
Y

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2021, 06:54:58 PM »
Any ever escape?

Dozens of the Dutch,Italian,German,Croatian,Korean girls..............staye d @ my beach shacks in Port Douglas & 1770 !.

They all commented , very nice car ................... :D, some get a temp job in cafes ..............or fruit farms !.

Backpacking is now dead because of China Flu !.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2021, 12:54:07 AM »
It's not that you are going to get rich owning a home but you can go broke renting at least your mortgage payment stays the same while rent goes up every year. There are also a lot of additional non financial benefits and utility of owning a home.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2021, 03:47:34 AM »
It's not that you are going to get rich owning a home but you can go broke renting at least your mortgage payment stays the same while rent goes up every year. There are also a lot of additional non financial benefits and utility of owning a home.
Yes, but the down payment for a mortgage alone could be several years worth of rent.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2021, 04:40:21 AM »

Your real estate taxes and insurance go up every year though.

Then you have maintenance and upkeep.

My house has had wild swings in value.  Currently in this high market bubble it has gone up 225% over 23 years.

Owning your own home is a luxury.  Many intangible benefits.

Some things cannot be measured in dollars and cents. 

Explorerspl

• Getbig III
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2021, 06:33:51 AM »

In 4 years my house payment has went up $200 due to rising property taxes and will go up $30 more in 2022. That said my house now sells for 4 times what I paid for it. My neighbors with similar land/house sold theirs for 10k over asking in 5 days.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2021, 08:22:06 AM »
'Dozens' of them LOL LOL LOL.

I guarantee if even one desperate hitchhiker was stupid enough to get into your raft of shit, she'd have jumped right back out the second she caught a glimpse of the maladroit little mutant sat in the back, wiping mango juice off his recessed chin and muttering in Pidgin English about Port Douglas beach shacks and the Soviet Union.

fucking lol....

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2021, 11:48:25 AM »
The lifestyle sounds interesting. You wouldn't even have to hide the bodies.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2021, 12:16:00 PM »
Jay Carsey lead an amazing life. He was very successful consultant and community college President in Maryland, then just disappeared, moved to another state with nothing, lived at a YMCA for a while then built a new life. Became a bartender in El Paso. Then disappeared again. He would build a life, become member of a community, then when established he would disappear again, to a different state with nothing and start all over building a new life. He built life after life, changing name, job and wife. So he lived several lives as different people. But he apparently didn't screw over past wives/girlfriends, as he would leave them the home, money, and once left a note, "I'm leaving you so you don't have to leave me". So he would leave when the relationship was pretty much dead and ready for divorce(which let's be honest happens in most marriages at some point).  His quote from the book was ""once you hit six good drives off the tee, do you really need to hit six dozen more?" He wanted to cram several lives into one. Book about him called Exit the Rainmaker.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2021, 12:24:20 PM »
'Dozens' of them LOL LOL LOL.

I guarantee if even one desperate hitchhiker was stupid enough to get into your raft of shit, she'd have jumped right back out the second she caught a glimpse of the maladroit little mutant sat in the back, wiping mango juice off his recessed chin and muttering in Pidgin English about Port Douglas beach shacks and the Soviet Union.

Stupid peeeddooo SKIRT wearing moron, NO hitchhikers on AU roads it's 2021 NOT 1966, you know shit about AU beaches life style ................

Oh, no U A from the Soviet Union era  ::) (poor old scottish peeddooo) !.

OBW, have U kill anyone lately  :P

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2021, 01:08:37 PM »
Jay Carsey lead an amazing life. He was very successful consultant and community college President in Maryland, then just disappeared, moved to another state with nothing, lived at a YMCA for a while then built a new life. Became a bartender in El Paso. Then disappeared again. He would build a life, become member of a community, then when established he would disappear again, to a different state with nothing and start all over building a new life. He built life after life, changing name, job and wife. So he lived several lives as different people. But he apparently didn't screw over past wives/girlfriends, as he would leave them the home, money, and once left a note, "I'm leaving you so you don't have to leave me". So he would leave when the relationship was pretty much dead and ready for divorce(which let's be honest happens in most marriages at some point).  His quote from the book was ""once you hit six good drives off the tee, do you really need to hit six dozen more?" He wanted to cram several lives into one. Book about him called Exit the Rainmaker.

Cool.  Will read.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2021, 11:45:11 PM »

Hahaha, you sound rattled  :D. No one wants your beach (homeless) lifestyle or your FREE showers and FREE coconuts, lol. How about you get a job and stop raping backpackers? You are definitely older than I am, street rat. Time to sell your pedo van and hand yourself over to Interpol.

Poor SKIRT scottie  , inform yourself about AU beaches & what local councils provides !. + learn geography !.

Thinking to buy a US build electric VW Kombi  ;) !. Why should someone who owns a few Queenslanders (beach shacks) work or get a JOB !.

& the best of all, local councils build free outdoor gyms ............ ;D

OBW, poor old SKIRTY, in 2018 I was volunteering with the Royal Thai Tourist Police @ Phuket airport & Bangla Road !.

PS , HOOTERS Asia (Nana/Patong) is now hiring , you should try  :D

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2021, 08:34:59 AM »

Poor SKIRT scottie  , inform yourself about AU beaches & what local councils provides !. + learn geography !.

Thinking to buy a US build electric VW Kombi  ;) !. Why should someone who owns a few Queenslanders (beach shacks) work or get a JOB !.

& the best of all, local councils build free outdoor gyms ............ ;D

OBW, poor old SKIRTY, in 2018 I was volunteering with the Royal Thai Tourist Police @ Phuket airport & Bangla Road !.

PS , HOOTERS Asia (Nana/Patong) is now hiring , you should try  :D

Jesus Christ, hahaha. Get a load of this guy. Homeless, jobless, illiterate, scrounging off of the council, sleeping in a van. But lookout! He was a VOLUNTEER support officer with the TOURIST POLICE!

And yeah, okay. I'll go 'inform' myself about AU beaches and what the local council provides to jobless rapists, lol. I'm sure that will be a really productive use of my time.