Author Topic: McCain jokes about suicide if Democrats win Senate  (Read 1324 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
McCain jokes about suicide if Democrats win Senate
« on: October 18, 2006, 11:23:46 PM »
DES MOINES, Iowa (Reuters) - Arizona Sen. John McCain, a likely Republican presidential contender in 2008, joked on Wednesday he would "commit suicide" if Democrats win the Senate in November.

McCain, on a visit to Iowa to campaign for Republican congressional candidates, was asked his reaction to a potential Democratic takeover of the Senate in the November 7 elections.

"I think I'd just commit suicide," McCain told reporters, to accompanying laughter from Republicans standing with him. "I don't want to face that eventuality because I don't think it's going to happen."

Democrats must pick up six seats in the Senate and 15 seats in the House of Representatives to win control of both chambers.

Polls show Democrats within striking distance of reclaiming the Senate, and in a strong position to claim a majority in the House.

"I think it's going to be tough, but I think we'll do OK," McCain said of Republican prospects.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: McCain jokes about suicide if Democrats win Senate
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 12:17:49 AM »
I doubt the Democrats take the Senate.  Doesn't really matter if they take the House.  The Senate controls judicial confirmations. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 02:36:08 AM »
It doesn't matter who controls the Senate. If Bush doesn't get his way, ...he can simply name any senator an enemy combatant and haul them off to Gitmo. You can expect no checks or balances in the future.   :'(
w

Purge_WTF

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 07:31:05 AM »
DES MOINES, Iowa (Reuters) - Arizona Sen. John McCain, a likely Republican presidential contender in 2008, joked on Wednesday he would "commit suicide" if Democrats win the Senate in November.

All the more reason to hope that the Dems do indeed take the Senate back.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 07:40:06 AM »
  All the more reason to hope that the Dems do indeed take the Senate back.
\
LOL... nah, I like McCain, personally.  But I think its inevitable that the Dems take back the congress, at the very least the house.

And it's good.  No party shouhld have a stranglehold on power that long.  This is how the system grows and improves.  If the same group has run things for 6 years, chances are they aren't going to do something between year 7-8 that they didn't do from years 1-6.

And I keep saying it... the Dow jones is at an artificial high right now.  Stocks are up and gas is down, but people still feel broke.  It's concentrated growth, it's confidence over actual assets... and I fear jan 2, 2007, things are gonna be a ' crashing again, ala 2001 :(

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 08:49:56 AM »
Up here in RI, I must get 2-3 calls a day either for Chaffee (R) or Whitehouse (D).  It must be very important when just 1 or 2 people will change the balance of power in the legislative branch.  I don't even answer any calls that start with an 8 anymore.  They never leave a message?
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 08:52:02 AM »
I love it when they call.  I start asking them questions.  You have a 22 year old college kid working temp work, with zero clue, trying to explain to you why his candidate is far better for constitutional integrity than the other guy.  then they put their superiors on to help out, and i hang up.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 11:36:10 AM »
I love it when they call.  I start asking them questions.  You have a 22 year old college kid working temp work, with zero clue, trying to explain to you why his candidate is far better for constitutional integrity than the other guy.  then they put their superiors on to help out, and i hang up.

When I do answer, it's always with a mouth of food and letting them know they disturbed the family dinner.  Then I ask who their supporting and tell them I'll vote for the opposition just for calling at dinner time.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 12:57:43 PM »
McCain acts as though the Democrats would blunder on the war on terror. This is very funny to me as McCain is smart enough to know the incompetence of his own party, yet still dislikes the Democrats on the basis of party association.

He could stand getting sodomized with an ak in 'nam, but can't stand a democratic controlled senate?  :D