Author Topic: 9-11  (Read 662 times)

Hereford

• Getbig V
9-11
« on: September 15, 2011, 10:04:37 AM »
Ok I realize that 9-11 was really, really bad, but at this point people are just hyping it up constantly for various reasons. This is becoming it's own industry, similar to the holocaust. Do we really need dedicated 9-11 museums? And how come it has taken over 10 years to build anything at ground zero?

Seems like there are a lot of people using this for personal gain...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: 9-11
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 05:31:43 PM »
I definitely think we need a 9/11 museum, that was an extremely historic day in our history and it needs to be remembered and taught to younger generations.

I agree it shouldnt have taken so long to put up a memorial at the site but then again clearing the area alone must have been a very long and painstaking process.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 06:03:21 PM »
About 10 years to clean it up and get started??! 

Warpado

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 06:33:41 PM »
Ok I realize that 9-11 was really, really bad, but at this point people are just hyping it up constantly for various reasons.

Something much worse than 9-11 will happen on American soil in the near future, I think.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 09:16:59 PM »
Oh christ, they will milk the next one for a century afterwards....

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 10:00:40 PM »
Ok I realize that 9-11 was really, really bad, but at this point people are just hyping it up constantly for various reasons. This is becoming it's own industry, similar to the holocaust. Do we really need dedicated 9-11 museums? And how come it has taken over 10 years to build anything at ground zero?

Seems like there are a lot of people using this for personal gain...
good post, excellent question.  No event like this should ever redefine who we are or change our way of life.  But there's giant interests in using 9/11 to achieve any number of goals, personal, financial and political.  A museum, yea ok..  But beating it into every aspect of what defines us can't have a good outcome.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 10:53:54 PM »
Something much worse than 9-11 will happen on American soil in the near future, I think.

Maobungaloo gets re-elected  ???

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 03:14:04 PM »
good post, excellent question.  No event like this should ever redefine who we are or change our way of life.  But there's giant interests in using 9/11 to achieve any number of goals, personal, financial and political.  A museum, yea ok..  But beating it into every aspect of what defines us can't have a good outcome.

Those terrorists have owned Americas collective mind for the last 10 years. And the're dead.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 04:09:22 PM »
Those terrorists have owned Americas collective mind for the last 10 years. And the're dead.

yea, it's time to move on.  It's in the natural nature of mankind to experience various trauma and then go through a healing process and eventually move on.  What some of these people are doing at this point is preventing the natural process we're accustomed to by nature.  We dealt with it, it's time to look forward and not let fuckers exploit this shit any more...  It's to the point now that there should be a backlash against the exploitation of 9/11.