Getbig Female Info Boards > Open Talk for Girl Discussion

What's with all the pillows?

<< < (9/11) > >>

CalvinH:

--- Quote from: Butterbean on November 03, 2010, 07:11:27 AM ---Shiney ones ???

--- End quote ---

Hell I'm lucky if the pillowcases match.

Mr Nobody:

--- Quote from: CalvinH on November 03, 2010, 07:24:14 AM ---

Hell I'm lucky if the pillowcases match.

--- End quote ---
X2 I'm lucky to find a pillow case.

Migs:

--- Quote from: BayGBM on November 03, 2010, 07:19:33 AM ---An $800 pillow seems like a silly indulgence, don't you think?  Never mind two.  Are down pillows animal friendly?  Would PETA approve?  Are down pillows made from dead birds/ducks or do they kill them specifically to grab the feathers?  Anyone know? ???

--- End quote ---

Down can be collected in a variety of ways. Birds which provide the feathers may be used for other purposes, for example to provide meat. Some birds are killed solely for their down, while some birds (particularly some geese) are periodically live-plucked of their breast feathers. Some birds, such as the eider duck, line their nests with down, and such down is harvested safely after the young leave the nest.

Oh and SCREW PETA

BayGBM:

--- Quote from: Migs on November 03, 2010, 06:11:23 PM ---Down can be collected in a variety of ways. Birds which provide the feathers may be used for other purposes, for example to provide meat. Some birds are killed solely for their down, while some birds (particularly some geese) are periodically live-plucked of their breast feathers. Some birds, such as the eider duck, line their nests with down, and such down is harvested safely after the young leave the nest.

Oh and SCREW PETA

--- End quote ---

Hmm, most of that sounds like PR.  I bet most of them are killed specifically for their feathers.  Duck is not a popular meat compared to say, chicken, so it is not as if lots of them a killed and tons of feathers are left over which they might as well use for pillows and feather beds.  :(

Migs:
They probably get it cehap from asian countries since duck meat is prevalent there

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version