Author Topic: ...so this SpyGate thing..  (Read 13719 times)

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
...so this SpyGate thing..
« on: May 15, 2008, 12:14:45 PM »

"Once I had done it for the first game, and I kind of understood a little bit of the process of how it was going, I actually asked one of our quarterbacks if the information that I provided was beneficial in any way," Walsh told The Times. "He said, 'Actually, probably about 75 percent of the time, Tampa Bay ran the defense we thought they were going to run. If not more."

i would say thats a huge advantage....

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: ...so this SpyGate thing..
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 01:01:32 PM »
They wouldn't have done it if it didn't give them some kind of advantage. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 02:17:33 PM »
Matt Walsh himself said there was NO superbowl walkthrough (which half of you passed of as fact in as story just like this). The commissioner of the NFL said yesterday that there was nothing new on any of those tapes.

Matt Walsh also confirmed that the pats did not use those tapes in games, which backs up what Belichick said all along. Now go back to cherry pick single points to paint whatever picture you wish to push.

The patriots admitted to taping signals for future use, they said there was no superbowl walkthrough, the commissioner of the NFL said there was nothing new on any of these tapes and Matt Walsh himself said the pats didn't use the tapes they had in game. Just freaking deal with it.

Atheist, be honest, did you watch the Goodel press conference? Or did you just pick up a biased NYC newspaper and pull info out of it that could;d push your agenda. Before you respond, be aware I know everything there is to know about this crap.

Also, still wondering why the times didn't ask Walsh about the Jets. Arlen idiot spector said they where taping along with Walsh yesterday, hmmm.

Body I think this horse is about dead, unless the Senate goes forward with useless hearings, but why would they tape signals if they weren't of any use or value? 

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 04:00:59 PM »
No your not, you know exactly what you are doing. If you where just posting quotes, you would post a few that showed the patriots where telling the truth about a lot of things that you ( and other's) claimed they where not. You choose to post quotes - ( without any evidence to back them up) that make the pats look bad. You don't post any actual evidence ( a lot that showed the pats where telling the truth).

The Patriots ADMITTED they taped signals for later use, and they were under the impression that since it was not in game use ( by the definition of the rule) it was not a problem. Which was validated by Walsh when he said the pats never used any tapes during games. It's really not that hard to understand. The commish said there was nothing new on any of those tapes, There was NO sb cheating and the issue was dealt with months ago. Yet you ignore ALL of that. You don't post any of those quotes.

You mirror the media really. They all jump up and down salivating at the fact that there is a rams tape! They are all talking like it is a fact, and the pats are guilty. The truth comes out - no tape and all the mediots start focusing on how Walsh was at the walk -through! Oops, facts come out - the NFL gave him permission to be there. Walsh said no one from the pats told him to spy on anything. The media then runs and latches no hersay from an article. It's comical really.

Why no quotes like " The tapes are of little value according to NFL coaches". " There is no rams tape". " The patriots never used any tapes during any games". " The patriots told the truth, and there is nothing new here"

All that was said yesterday.

The sad thing is because the NFL destroyed the original evidence, it will draw criticism from outside media sources who will claim that there must have been something incriminating, or bad for the game for the NFL to do so.  With Specter asking for an outside investigation, this could be a real black eye to the NFL. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 05:10:15 PM »
The patriots did not receive any type of competitive advantage from the jets game tape - Roger Goodell

That isn't saying much.  I'm sure they planned on using it either in that game or for future game prep against the Jets.  They wouldn't have done it for years if it didn't give them a competitive advantage.  Everything teams do is designed to give them a competitive, including cheating.  That's so many of the players use drugs.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 07:27:02 PM »
You can't break down a game tape and dechiper the signs in 12 min. Did you see the video, NUMEROUS NFL staff have said this. Not to mention, Matt Walsh said the pats never used any tapes during the course of a game. He confirmed this yesterday, under a legal oath. Walsh validated what Belichick has been saying all along. Its funny beach, when Goodel says something that confirms claims the pats made - ( or says what they did was not as bad as the media is claiming) it "does not mean much". But, when Goodel says something negative about the pats, everyone takes it as a fact and knows he is telling the truth.

Again, which is it?

I can't speak for anyone else.  I've never really commented on Goodell's characterization of this whole thing. 

I was referring to the statement about it not being used for competitive advantage during that game.  Even if that's true, that doesn't mean they weren't going to use it to prepare for future games.  Of course they were.  That's why they taped the signals. 

But like I said, this horse is dead.  They cheated, got caught, were punished, it's over.  I hope there are no Senate hearings over this.  I will not be happy if they waste my money on hearings. 

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 09:42:24 AM »
HA,all that cheating and they still lost the superbowl ;D

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 12:11:36 PM »
HA,all that cheating and they still lost the superbowl ;D

Bod88 is now deleting and editing my posts...go figure

body88

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 01:52:53 PM »
Bod88 is now deleting and editing my posts...go figure

I told you that I ACCIDENTLY hit the modify button ( which is right next to the qoute button) and did not realize I edited YOUR post until I hit save and it was to late. A mistake I have ACCIDENTLY made before. That is very easy to do as a mod, and if you are not paying attention that can happen. You cannot do that as a poster, but with mod powers you are able to write in whatever post you want ( obv to mod). So if you are not paying attention you can hit modify instead of qoute, and it all looks the same.

I let people post whatever they want on this board, and I have never edited a persons post ON PURPOSE. I am finished witht his thread, and it's quit obvious you are just itching to jump all over me. I love how I make a mistake and you then talk about the pats cheating ( and how it must be the same). I thought you where an adult, its obvious you are some punk trying to get a rise.

I restored your thread back to normal before I posted in it, have fun.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 02:37:29 PM »
ho hum....Bod, if it was a mistake which im sure it was, they happen. im sure this wont be our last debate with each other. Im positive you'll be in a very unpleasant mood when my Phins beat you at home this year.

body88

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 03:49:30 PM »
ho hum....Bod, if it was a mistake which im sure it was, they happen. im sure this wont be our last debate with each other. Im positive you'll be in a very unpleasant mood when my Phins beat you at home this year.

Thats fine - as long as you know it was a mistake. Regardless of how I feel about some of your opinions, I would NEVER edit one of your posts purposely, and if I did - I would hope I posses the smarts too make something like that less obvious. I will leave this thread with a few quotes for Belichicks CBS interview tonight - ( to show the other side of the story). I suggest some of you check it out.

In advance of Bill Belichick's interview with Armen Keteyian on CBS Evening News tonight, the network has distributed a transcript from part of the interview.

On Matt Walsh:
"I DON'T KNOW WHAT HIS AGENDA IS, AGAIN, HE WAS FIRED FOR POOR JOB PERFORMANCE AND FOR AUDIO TAPING HIS SUPERIOR. THERE'S NOT A LOT OF CREDIBILITY. YOU KNOW HE'S TRIED TO MAKE IT SEEM LIKE WE'RE BUDDIES, AND BELONG TO THE SAME BOOK CLUB AND ALL. THAT'S REALLY A LONG, LONG STRETCH."

"FOR HIM TO TALK ABOUT GAME PLANNING AND STATEGY AND PLAY CALLING AND HOW HE ADVISED COORDINATORS, IT'S EMBARRASING, IT'S ABSURD. HE DIDN'T HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE OF FOOTBALL. HE WAS OUR THIRD VIDEO ASSISTANT.'

On Matt Walsh saying he was told by superiors to avoid detection:
"I NEVER TOLD ANYBODY TO DO THAT. ALL I CAN TELL YOU IS WHAT THE FACTS ARE. YOU LOOK AT THE TAPE. YOU SEE HIM FILMING THE GAME. YOU TELL ME HOW DISCREET IT IS."

On videotaping signals after the league's 2006 memo:
"I MADE A MISTAKE. I WAS WRONG. I WAS WRONG."

Article from the times of Martz talking about Walsh
Quote:
Martz, however, didn't question if Walsh was actually in the Superdome that day, where he was helping the New England video staff set up for game day, but doubts he understood what he was watching on the field.

"I don't know if he knows if a football is pumped with air or stuffed with tissue," Martz said. "That's why he's playing golf."
Quote:
"Maybe it was after the fact. I really don't know," Martz said. "He's a video guy. How much does he know about what we are doing? Unless somebody else was with him that knew more about football. I don't know what he is trying to accomplish other than trying to destroy Bill Belichick."

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 09:15:19 AM »
I was just watching espn bring this up for the 5000th time, and i can't help but feel that they are story mongering.  Yeah, i don't like cheaters, but this is staying alive because the media wants it to, not cuz the nfl thinks major adjustments, rule changes and punishments need to be made.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 10:13:42 PM »
Joey Porter is running his mouth on this.

What a surprise.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 02:36:01 PM »
Yeah, i don't like cheaters, but this is staying alive because the media wants it to, not cuz the nfl thinks major adjustments, rule changes and punishments need to be made.

actually the NFL did make a major adjustment in that certain defensive players have capabilities allowing them to receive the play through their helmet like the QB. this was not allowed previously. the adjustment was made to eliminate the entire sign stealing dilemma.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 05:49:43 PM »
The Pats cheating? No way!!!!!!  :o

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 10:35:14 PM »
Joey Porter is running his mouth on this.

What a surprise.

yeah i know, when he was on the steelers they really got screwed over

E
E

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 06:11:25 AM »
The patriots did not receive any type of competitive advantage from the jets game tape - Roger Goodell

That isn't saying much.  I'm sure they planned on using it either in that game or for future game prep against the Jets.  They wouldn't have done it for years if it didn't give them a competitive advantage.  Everything teams do is designed to give them a competitive, including cheating.  That's so many of the players use drugs.  

Cmon folks the jets would have never beat the pats.. NEVER. I don't care if you are a die hard jets fan, you can't honestly think that the tapes helped win against the jets... RANDY "cathc my ass if you can" MOSS helped beat the Jets.

body88

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2008, 07:45:39 AM »
Cmon folks the jets would have never beat the pats.. NEVER. I don't care if you are a die hard jets fan, you can't honestly think that the tapes helped win against the jets... RANDY "cathc my ass if you can" MOSS helped beat the Jets.

I don't think anyone does anymore. If they do, they are just ignoring the facts of the case to push an agenda. Matt Walsh confirmed what Belichick said when this whole thing went down. The pats never used any of those tapes DURING any games. Not to mention the jets tape was confiscated before the second half. They where used for later use, which Belichick admitted - ( and was called a lier for) when this whole thing happened. If you pay attention to the facts of the case, Bill admitted he screwed up with his take on the rule, and he applogized for it. People scoffed at that, but then Matt Walsh confirmed what he said.  If you watch the Belichick interview, there are a lot of questions about Walsh, and some of the things he claimed.

Anyone who actually pays attention to the case - ( not just picking and choosing facts) knows what happened. The rule says you cannot tape defensive signals and use them during a game. Belichick and co obv tried to exploit that rule by using the tapes later on for scouting. Which in itself is not a huge deal, because stealing signs is not illegal. What they got into trouble for was using a video camera to do it. I understand peolpe hate the pats, and I would do the same if I was a rival NFL fan. But, a lot of the things people are throwing around about this case are flat out false.

Really though, the fact that espn is STILL trying to talk about this shows what kind of agenda some people are pushing. No matter how much Goodel or Walsh validate the pats on certain aspects of this case, the media ignores it and tried to bring something else out of left field.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 06:23:34 PM »
I don't think anyone does anymore. If they do, they are just ignoring the facts of the case to push an agenda. Matt Walsh confirmed what Belichick said when this whole thing went down. The pats never used any of those tapes DURING any games. Not to mention the jets tape was confiscated before the second half. They where used for later use, which Belichick admitted - ( and was called a lier for) when this whole thing happened. If you pay attention to the facts of the case, Bill admitted he screwed up with his take on the rule, and he applogized for it. People scoffed at that, but then Matt Walsh confirmed what he said.  If you watch the Belichick interview, there are a lot of questions about Walsh, and some of the things he claimed.

Anyone who actually pays attention to the case - ( not just picking and choosing facts) knows what happened. The rule says you cannot tape defensive signals and use them during a game. Belichick and co obv tried to exploit that rule by using the tapes later on for scouting. Which in itself is not a huge deal, because stealing signs is not illegal. What they got into trouble for was using a video camera to do it. I understand peolpe hate the pats, and I would do the same if I was a rival NFL fan. But, a lot of the things people are throwing around about this case are flat out false.

Really though, the fact that espn is STILL trying to talk about this shows what kind of agenda some people are pushing. No matter how much Goodel or Walsh validate the pats on certain aspects of this case, the media ignores it and tried to bring something else out of left field.

When your on top everyone throws rocks.. Fuck who doesn't hate the pats.. They are one of the best teams of all time. Shit look at how they stay consistent every year.. I wonder why people are making such a big deal you have Band Wagon Pats fans and then those who hate cause they have to watch the pats beat their team over and over again. I hate them and the colts cause they kick the shit out of DA BEARS every fucking year, but even I can see through the bullshit they are saying about this case.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 06:29:52 PM »
When your on top everyone throws rocks.. Fuck who doesn't hate the pats.. They are one of the best teams of all time. Shit look at how they stay consistent every year.. I wonder why people are making such a big deal you have Band Wagon Pats fans and then those who hate cause they have to watch the pats beat their team over and over again. I hate them and the colts cause they kick the shit out of DA BEARS every fucking year, but even I can see through the bullshit they are saying about this case.

I hated the Pats when they weren't winning!

- Team Giants - SB Champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BAM!

Pats are cheaters. It's not surprising. Most Boston teams would kill their own mother for a chance to taste the glory NY teams have felt for the last 100 years.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 12:52:24 PM »

The issue of Spy Gate wasnt the majority of the issue with regards to the Jets. The Jets situation was a clue to the bigger picture. If the taping of the Jets signal was the only proven offense made by the Pats then they would have been punished accordingly, and the issue would have been dead, on the contrary however it was not. In fact it was just the tip of the iceberg.
The first half taping of the Jets game simply lead to the discovery that the Pats were taping games for the past few years or so and had a collection of tapes. To whatever advantage the Pats were using the tapes, it can only be concluded that they certainly would not have done it if it didnt give them an advantage.

As far as the whole "ESPN biased" theory on the Pats, i personally think its b.s being that ESPN has also been accused of having an east coast agenda.
 Fans of the Pats who take what Bill said as gospel and cant see him as a man who was caught and trying to save his legacy reminds me of a peacock with its head in the sand ignoring the truth. but hey fan is not short for fanatic for nothing right.

The truth of the matter is that in any sport, if any team that has won championships is found to have been cheating to the extent that the Pats were caught, it will be HUGE NEWS. Whether it be Jordan's Bulls, Favre's Packers, or Peyton's Colts if any of those champions were to have been found doing something illegal to the extent the Pats were and that also required a punishment to the extent of being fined the largest fine in their sports history and the loss of a number one draft pick you can certainly bet ESPN would have been all over them also.
Its certainly not only huge news because it was The Pats and there is a "conspiracy theory"  ::) against them, that assumption is as myopic as can be. If that exact situation had happened to any champion it would have been just as exposed by ESPN.

body88

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 02:03:37 PM »

As far as the whole "ESPN biased" theory on the Pats, i personally think its b.s being that ESPN has also been accused of having an east coast agenda.
 Fans of the Pats who take what Bill said as gospel and cant see him as a man who was caught and trying to save his legacy reminds me of a peacock with its head in the sand ignoring the truth. but hey fan is not short for fanatic for nothing right.

Atheist, this is why you are not credible when you talk about the pats. Bill Belichick stated when this whole thing went down, that he misinterpreted the rule he broke. He apologized, and was scoffed at by people like you, and the media over his "misinterpretation of the rules". Bill thought that since the pats where not using the signals they taped IN A GAME that it was not illegal. The rule states you cannot use the signals taped during a game. Matt Walsh came out last week, and told the entire world that none of the pats tapes where ever used in any games. You keep ignoring this fact, just like the idiots at ESPN. What I highlighted in your post above shows your bias, Bill was PROVEN to have been telling the truth, yet you wont accept that fact.Then, the big thing was a sb walk through. The media was up in arms getting ready to slam the pats for cheating during a sb, then it came out that that report was a LIE. Now the media is trying to conjure up a bunch of bullshit months later, and it's obvious these fools refuse to let this die.

Numerous former NFL coaches ( Jimmy Johnson - Nick saban - Bill Parcels) have said what the patriots did was not that big of a deal. The commissioner who levied "the biggest fine ever", has stated the pats gained little advantage from what they did,  and Matt Walsh himself admitted the Patriots never used any of those tapes durnig a game. Yet you continue to ignore ALL these facts, and speak as if there was no validation from people who actually matter. Not some writer from a NYC newspaper.

Belichick tried to exploit a loophole in a rule to gain an advantage, and he got into trouble for it. He did it because he does everything he can to win, and that is why he is one of the best coaches ever, who won coach of the year during all this bullshit. The guy led his team to a 16-0 season, under all this bullshit. I wouldn't want anyone else coaching the pats. He apologized and was validated BY THE GUY who outed him, that he never used any of those tapes in any games, what Belichick was saying all along, yet you claim Belichick was trying to save his rep. The guy stated exactly what happened and was called a liar, only to be proven correct.

If taping was such a huge deal, how did the pats win three sb's (against teams they never taped), and go 18 - 1 last year under a firestorm from the media. ust as we are fanatics, you are a fanatic about your claims against that pats. Many of which are based on straight up lies. You only take guys like  Goodel and Matt Walsh serious when they are slamming the pats. Not when they say thing's that contradict what you claim. Bro, no offense but your knowledge is rather limited on the actual details of this case. Posting a bunch of one liners ( which are accusations with no truth to them) is not equal to actual facts, and statements that are backed up with proof. The times article you posted IS NOT FACT, it is Walsh making claims with NO PROOF. If you watched Belichicks interview, or heard some of the things fellow NFL personel had to say about Walsh, your claims would be even less accurate.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 03:04:58 PM »
The Pats got busted for cheating
The Pats wouldnt have taped for those years if it didnt give them an advantage
The Pats and Bill will always be linked to Spy Gate.

ESPN does not have an agenda against the Pats.

if any of these are not true let me know

body88

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2008, 03:51:21 PM »

if any of these are not true let me know

Let me know when you are going to respond to my post above, and come at me with some actual facts - ( not OPINIONS you pass of as facts ::). Again, the fact that you said " Fans of the Pats who take what Bill said as gospel and cant see him as a man who was caught and trying to save his legacy reminds me of a peacock with its head in the sand ignoring the truth. but hey fan is not short for fanatic for nothing right. ", proves you have no idea what you are talking about. Atheist, Bill Belichick said he misinterpreted the rule he broke. Belichick said this since day one. Matt Walsh then came out and said the patriots never used any of the tapes during any games - validating every single word Belichick said from the start. Bro, your above post is just flat out false, just like most of the things you claim in regards to this topic.

Belichick said he misinterpreted the rule he broke, and Matt Walsh confirmed this. Bill said this from day one, appologized and took his punishment.

The rule Belichick broke, doesen't say you cannot use signals for scouting use later on.

Roger Goodel said that the reason other teams did not tape signals, was because the impact was minimal. he also said the pats gained NO competative advantage from the jets tape.

Belichick employs every single advantage he can get - ( no matter how tiny), and thats why he is one of the best coaches ever. The guy said he effed up with the definition of a rule, which was validated by the guy who called him out. Shit, it's right in front of your eyes, nothing more.

Bill parcels, Jimmy Johnson and Art Rooney Jr are just a few of the MANY actual NFL people who said this was not a big deal, and was being blown out of proportion.

Stealing signs is not illegal or cheating

ESPN is STILL talking about this, even after it's pretty obvious this thing should have been over when the pats where punished. Spygate two was proven a lie, and the media outlet pushing the possibility of it the hardest was ESPN. Sal pal Antonio was one of the most critical, and vocal people in the media regarding the rams accusations. Numerous times he hinted to the pats being punished. The story was proven to be 100 percent fiction.

Matt Walsh was proven to have some serious holes in his NY times story, by the JETS current qb coach.

The pats never taped a sb opponent or walk though

The pats went 16 - 0 with no camera - The best NFL season ever.

Matt Walsh Illegally taped conversaton with Scott Pioli, lied on his resume and planted blender blades in his college buddy's girlfriends bed. He was also extremley upset over being fired for poor job performance.

Tell me which one is a lie, with actual proof. Every single think I said can be backed up with proof, not claims from a newspaper article ( which where proven to be iffy at best by the jets current qb coach).

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2008, 05:01:39 PM »
youre certinly entitled to your opinion..

but these statements are true..sorry

"how ya like them facts!"