Author Topic: Mods for the MMA Board -  (Read 22938 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Mods for the MMA Board -
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2008, 08:14:46 AM »
*Cue Bluto to come in here make a quick 7 or 8 word sentence about "empty cans" or something, and then scurry out like a little rat*

He's never refuted any points I made regarding his moderator spot. He just beats around the bush like the kid he is. Can't refute facts.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2008, 08:24:10 AM »
The funny thing is that Bluto had no business being moderator from DAY ONE. Scimowser stepped down. Ok, that was great. The board had too enough mods at that point anyway. So what does Ron do? Instead of even asking the board or anything, Bluto just pops as moderator one day. The board's been shit ever since. Why did Bluto get moderator you ask? Well, because he spent the better part of two years pm'ing Ron on a daily basis trying to the spot on here. That was his ultimate goal: MMA board moderator. Now that it's been ripped out from under him (due to his shitty fucking job moderating it), he can't come to grips with it. He's a child who has no business moderating here.
Evidently, that is all it takes to be a moderator on this website... Just pm Ron alot, credentials be damnded you will be put into a moderator position.

I mean he is also a moderator on the Training board as well. That is possibly even a bigger joke than this. His job there is to dish out shitty advice (like recommending drinking Jaeger bombs before working out) to newbies who know next to nothing about working out.

You would think on MMA specific board they would try to have knowledable Mods, and ESPECIALLY on the training boards they would have mods with at least a little bit of credibility (I MEAN THIS IS A BODYBUILDING WEBSITE RIGHT!?)

No, all it takes is to send a shitload of pms to the founder, and you can head an MMA board, training board, and probably even a nuclear physics board, if it ever gets created.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2008, 08:37:08 AM »
Evidently, that is all it takes to be a moderator on this website... Just pm Ron alot, credentials be damnded you will be put into a moderator position.

I mean he is also a moderator on the Training board as well. That is possibly even a bigger joke than this. His job there is to dish out shitty advice (like recommending drinking Jaeger bombs before working out) to newbies who know next to nothing about working out.

You would think on MMA specific board they would try to have knowledable Mods, and ESPECIALLY on the training boards they would have mods with at least a little bit of credibility (I MEAN THIS IS A BODYBUILDING WEBSITE RIGHT!?)

No, all it takes is to send a shitload of pms to the founder, and you can head an MMA board, training board, and probably even a nuclear physics board, if it ever gets created.

I look it as Ron appeasing the child. The guy spends 20 hours a day on here, averages around 100 posts per day (alphabet boards combined) and has enough time to pm Ron probably 10-20 times a day. I doubt Ron could put up with for so long. Like you said, the training board spot he has is even more pathetic. Luckily I think anyone with that's been here more than two days can figure out that Bluto knows jack shit.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2008, 08:51:51 AM »

Ron asked the posters of the board who they wanted, they have spoke. If your name was in the hat you wouldn't be complaining. Plus you just stated that you have owned people? Doesn't sound like a good quality for a mod.

No Ron asked for people to suggest who they thought would be fair as moderators. You're not one of them. I'm not complaining, I'm just looking out for the boards best interest, as always and feel guys need to come up with better suggestions.
Z

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2008, 08:54:57 AM »
No Ron asked for people to suggest who they thought would be fair as moderators. You're not one of them. I'm not complaining, I'm just looking out for the boards best interest, as always and feel guys need to come up with better suggestions.

Unfortunately for you, you're not fair. All Ron has to do is look at the dozens of posts you deleted (even though of sincity as moderator), your changing of the betting game rules to fit your shitty inability to predict fights, and a host of other blemishes that prove that you're full of shit.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2008, 09:10:09 AM »
His first major accomplishment? Milfer invented the betting game. He decided to take time out of his day every event to tally scores. Bluto, after proving he knows nothing about MMA by guessing all but one fight wrong, throws a hissy fit and deletes every single tally Milfer did, effectively trying to kill the game. Why would he ruin it for 20 other people? Well, because he's a child.

Not true.

Danielson invented the betting game, not Milfer. I volunteered and handled it for nearly a year and it was I who asked Milfer to do the calculating after I first had asked Geo and he had declined. Milfer later screwed up by not correctly calculating my bets, but everyone elses. I've put more work into the betting thread than anyone so I thought I'd give someone else the chance - these days there's no 20 people betting, half that if you're lucky. Since Sincity and Lats took over it's been going downhill.  :-\

His second major accomplishment? The ability to cut and paste every major headline from Sherdog and the other big MMA sites.

Cut n paste is a necessary ingredient and something we all do more or less, I usually come across the news first but I only pick what I feel are the more interesting ones, where as someone like Sincity would stumble over those news I didn't bother with and spam the whole board with them.

His third major accomplishment? Again, trying to derail the board and other threads. He's gone so far as to deleting SinCity's posts when he was moderator, deleting my posts and just being a little bitch in regards to ChuteBoxe over the last month (because he knows more about MMA than him).

Completely false.

I've never deleted posts from either your or Sincity.

His fourth major accomplishment? Ahh yes, the betting game again. On the night with two cards, ChuteBoxe won both events. So what does Bluto do? He changes the rules (which weren't his to change) so that he wouldn't have to make a thread saying ChuteBoxe won both cards. Yet again, the mark of a child.

The rules of the betting game needs to be fair, since I'm running the betting game it's my duty to make sure they are. Notice how it's only you and ChuteBoxe who complained, everyone else thought I was right and didn't say a word.

The moderator of the board should have some inherent knowledge of the sport. The mods on the other boards are all well versed in the subject of the board they're moderating. Body88 knows sports, Hugo Chavez knows politics. Why should the MMA board be the only board where said child is allowed to moderate it because he can pm you a lot? Give me a fucking break, Ron.

Like MindSpin says, it's irrelevant.

Why in God's name would you make him moderator after seeing how many people wanted him removed?

Like Ron says, it's irrelevant.

Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2008, 09:14:38 AM »
Ron starts a thread about about a month ago asking what we should re-name this board to accomodate boxing and lesser known (or popular) combat type sports.

Yes and I was one of the few who gave a suggestion, did you? No didn't think so. Maybe it's time you put up or shut up? How about you contribute to the board for a chance instead of criticizing those who do?

A month later and nothing has changed.

It is about to be a week since Ron posted this thread, and guess what.... nothing has changed.

You're in a hurry or something? Ron's busy, it's Mr Olympia weekend. I know you're on a personal vendetta against me and think you can hurt me by bitching about my mod status, but maybe you need to take some time off, it's only the Internet after all.  :D
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2008, 09:20:05 AM »
The funny thing is that Bluto had no business being moderator from DAY ONE. Scimowser stepped down. Ok, that was great. The board had enough mods at that point anyway. So what does Ron do? Instead of even asking the board or anything, Bluto just pops as moderator one day. The board's been shit ever since. Why did Bluto get moderator you ask? Well, because he spent the better part of two years pm'ing Ron on a daily basis trying to the spot on here. That was his ultimate goal: MMA board moderator. Now that it's been ripped out from under him (due to his shitty fucking job moderating it), he can't come to grips with it. He's a child who has no business moderating here.

Not true.

I was one of the people who suggested a creation of a MMA board in the first place. After some time I noticed ChuteBoxe and Scimowser did a shitty job with it - there were spoilers posted all over the place, very little activity (for example, one could come here the day before a UFC show and not ONE thread was discussing it!) and they were ruling with an iron first, banning people for no reason.

I had to step in and do something. So I did. And I got rid of both of them!

And after that the board really took off!  :)
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2008, 09:21:33 AM »
He's never refuted any points I made regarding his moderator spot. He just beats around the bush like the kid he is. Can't refute facts.

I've refuted every single one of them, numerous times. It's not hard, because you're as clueless as they come.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2008, 09:25:35 AM »
Unfortunately for you, you're not fair. All Ron has to do is look at the dozens of posts you deleted (even though of sincity as moderator), your changing of the betting game rules to fit your shitty inability to predict fights, and a host of other blemishes that prove that you're full of shit.

There's never been dozens of posts deleted by me. As for the betting rules I think they should be fair, where as you think they shouldn't be. As far as me predicting fights, I've done pretty well, better than you, better than most! :)
Z

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2008, 09:31:21 AM »
Yes and I was one of the few who gave a suggestion, did you? No didn't think so. Maybe it's time you put up or shut up? How about you contribute to the board for a chance instead of criticizing those who do?

Your head must be completely up your ass, because it was you, moving my 2 boxing threads that eventually got you de-modded and ultimately this whole conversation started.

Contribute to this board? I come up with original thoughts, you cut and paste off someone elses work. Somebody else...a real person, stays up all night, trying to come up with a good article for a website like Sherdog.com, worrying about whether or not the editor will like it.....and then you come in and spend about 5 seconds out of your life, uber geek style and cut and paste it to try and keep some keep up the illusion that you know anything about this sport.

We had a vote whether or not to allow boxing on this board, 15 or so said yes, and you were the only person who said no....

How out of touch can you be!?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2008, 09:36:29 AM »
Like MindSpin says, it's irrelevant.

Like Ron says, it's irrelevant.
Really!? It's irrelevant whether or not you have a good knowledge of the sport of MMA!?!?

Try and explain that little statement to the rest of the MMA fans in here...

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2008, 09:38:14 AM »
I had to step in and do something. So I did. And I got rid of both of them!

There it is folks, this ain't the MMA board, it's the Bluto Board.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2008, 09:39:40 AM »
Your head must be completely up your ass, because it was you, moving my 2 boxing threads that eventually got you de-modded and ultimately this whole conversation started.

No. The de-modding occured when I did my job as a moderator and moved a thread by Sincity to the complaints board where it belonged. Sincity then had a huge meltdown and said "I can do whatever I want!" and there gave away that he doesn't care about the board and he doesn't care about the rules.
Ron who's a busy man, didn't have the time to examine the situation and de-modded everybody for the time being to get it sorted at a later date.

It had nothing to do with the boxing threads as this occured much later. The boxing threads by default belonged on the Sports board where I correctly moved them. (just as for example the moderators of the G&O did the same thing, are you suggesting that Hedgehog and Max-Rep made a mistake moving boxing threads to the Sports board too?)

Contribute to this board? I come up with original thoughts, you cut and paste off someone elses work.

I can't invent the news, cut n paste and quoting different sources is something everybody does, including the guys you rather see as moderators, when you criticize me for doing something they do you automatically criticize them as well.

In other other words - so far by criticizing me you have criticized - MindSpin, ChuteBoxe, Sincity, Max-Rep and Hedgehog. Great job!  :D

We had a vote whether or not to allow boxing on this board, 15 or so said yes, and you were the only person who said no....

No Ron decided that boxing thread should belong on the MMA board (even though it's not MMA and even though it previously was something that by default belonged on the Sports board) after that I personally OK'ed this with the mods on the Sports board and made sure that in the future the mods on the G&O would move them here, instead of Sports where they previously moved them.

So to sum it up - you're wrong about absolutely EVERYTHING.

Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2008, 09:43:17 AM »
Really!? It's irrelevant whether or not you have a good knowledge of the sport of MMA!?!?

Try and explain that little statement to the rest of the MMA fans in here...

Sure. Just because you're knowledgeable about MMA doesn't mean you'll be a great mod, as for example ChuteBoxe is a good example of. Or take for example Pumpster on the training board, he's somewhat knowledgeable, but when he starts harassing users and deleting posts that goes outta the window and becomes of little importance. Or Hedgehog might not pick the top-5 of the Mr Olympia this weekend, but as far as being a moderator goes, few people have complaints.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2008, 09:46:12 AM »
There it is folks, this ain't the MMA board, it's the Bluto Board.

No it's never been about me, it's always been about the greater good of the board. So when I see a wrong, I step up and speak up and do something about it.

The problem with you guys is that you have no legitimate criticism of me as a moderator, you're just hurt because you've had arguments with me that you've lost and this is your fruitless little attempt at getting back.

Personally I find that behaviour pathetic, get over it.  :D
Z

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2008, 09:51:06 AM »
No. The de-modding occured when I did my job as a moderator and moved a thread by Sincity to the complaints board where it belonged. Sincity then had a huge meltdown and said "I can do whatever I want!" and there gave away that he doesn't care about the board and he doesn't care about the rules.
Ron who's a busy man, didn't have the time to examine the situation and de-modded everybody for the time being to get it sorted at a later date.

It had nothing to do with the boxing threads as this occured much later. The boxing threads by default belonged on the Sports board where I correctly moved them. (just as for example the moderators of the G&O did the same thing, are you suggesting that Hedgehog and Max-Rep made a mistake moving boxing threads to the Sports board too?)

I can't invent the news, cut n paste and quoting different sources is something everybody does, including the guys you rather see as moderators, when you criticize me for doing something they do you automatically criticize them as well.

In other other words - so far by criticizing me you have criticized - MindSpin, ChuteBoxe, Sincity, Max-Rep and Hedgehog. Great job!  :D

No Ron decided that boxing thread should belong on the MMA board (even though it's not MMA and even though it previously was something that by default belonged on the Sports board) after that I personally OK'ed this with the mods on the Sports board and made sure that in the future the mods on the G&O would move them here, instead of Sports where they previously moved them.

So to sum it up - you're wrong about absolutely EVERYTHING.

You are a complete douchebag.

1. I pm'd Ron about the boxing topics getting moved, I imagine a few other guys complained about how big of an ass you were being and  complained as well.... there is alot of things that go on that you don't know about, believe it or not. You aren't right on every little subject, in fact you are usually wrong, but the problem is you can never admit when you are wrong and that is why you are such a poor choice to MODERATE a channel. You want to OWN the channel, you want to believe you are the supereme voice, and everyone else is ALWAYS wrong.

2. Granted you can't "make the news"... yeah no shit... if I could "make the news" I would win the lottery 100 times in  a row... the problem is that is just your pathetic little way off covering up the fact that you have no original ideas, except for lame ass.. "fedor couldn't step up on the olympia stage" threads... I mean c'mon, how do you expect people to take you seriously?

3. I am not criticizing anyone but you... just you, and you can try your damndest to spin this as much as you can, you can play little "kiss ass" to Ron like a little bitch. But the fact of the matter is you have no reason whatsover to be moderating this board.

EVERYONE HATES YOU ON HERE. YOU DO A CRAPPY JOB. WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2008, 09:53:25 AM »
Sure. Just because you're knowledgeable about MMA doesn't mean you'll be a great mod, as for example ChuteBoxe is a good example of.

Funny you give that example of ChuteBoxe seeing as how he literally has 10 times the amount of votes you have to become mod on this channel.

10 TIME AS MANY VOTES AS YOU!!!

Give it up geek. Nobody wants you here.

Reign Down

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • http://www.sickipedia.org/
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2008, 09:55:27 AM »
Sad truth for Bluto, Everyone hates you and the board would flourish without you, I just read this forum and don't contribute.

It's in any boards, not just this one not to have a deranged child like Bluto modding.

ta ta
Ta ta nerds!

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2008, 09:57:05 AM »
No it's never been about me, it's always been about the greater good of the board.
Okay, so if it's about the "greater good of the board"

Why don't you say you don't want to moderate?

I think one person has nominated you out of 12 or so....

You are so full of shit it ain't even funny. Like a really, really, really bad politician.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2008, 09:57:27 AM »
Funny you give that example of ChuteBoxe seeing as how he literally has 10 times the amount of votes you have to become mod on this channel.

Wow, I'm not even going to bother reading all those meltdowns from Bluto. I think it's safe to assume that he's trying to author another spin doctoring of cold, hard facts.

Truth of the matter Bluto, is that Chute was 10x better than you as a moderator. He kept the board moving while not abusing his power.

Ron still has yet to give an explanation for why Chute was demodded. I think it's safe to assume that it had to do with appeasing the baby, what with Chute CONSISTENTLY making Bluto his bitch.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2008, 10:05:57 AM »
1. I pm'd Ron about the boxing topics getting moved, I imagine a few other guys complained about how big of an ass you were being and  complained as well....

I did my job as a moderator. You had no business complaining about me, no more than you would have complaining about Max Rep or Hedgehog doing the same thing - moving them to the Sports board. (and of course you never did complain about them, because you only holds a grudge against me and this isn't about boxing, it's about your personal vendetta)

When Ron decided that boxing threads should be posted on the MMA board and the MMA board should be about more than MMA not only did I follow the rules, I also suggested one of the better names for the board as well as inform the mods on both the G&O and Sports about the changes.

the problem is that is just your pathetic little way off covering up the fact that you have no original ideas, except for lame ass.. "fedor couldn't step up on the olympia stage" threads... I mean c'mon, how do you expect people to take you seriously?

I've done my share of original threads. But there's so much more that I do, more than mosts. To criticise me, one of the guys that do the most for the board is totally uncalled for and nobody, that didn't hold a grudge, would.

3. I am not criticizing anyone but you... just you, and you can try your damndest to spin this as much as you can, you can play little "kiss ass" to Ron like a little bitch. But the fact of the matter is you have no reason whatsover to be moderating this board.

You're not critizising me. You haven't got a single valid complaint of my work as a moderator. You're a hurt child that had a meltdown because i disrespected your hero Dwight Yoakem (!) on the X board and you haven't let go since. (I'm not making this up people, it really happend!)

EVERYONE HATES YOU ON HERE. YOU DO A CRAPPY JOB. WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

Caps lock frustration meltdown after losing another argument.  :-\
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2008, 10:07:13 AM »

This isn't a popularity contest. In fact, a moderator is better off NOT being too popular as that means he will not be as biased and make more fair decisions.

And the bottom line here was looking for moderators that will be FAIR.

Z

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2008, 10:13:41 AM »
Fellas, I am going to bed, it is totally pointless, trying to argue with this nimwit. He has 15 hours a day to spend in front of computer screen, I don't.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2008, 10:16:39 AM »
This isn't a popularity contest. In fact, a moderator is better off NOT being too popular as that means he will not be as biased and make more fair decisions.

And the bottom line here was looking for moderators that will be FAIR.

the problem with you bluto

is that you are too immature to admit when you are wrong

which makes it impossible for you to mod fairly
T