Author Topic: UFC 121 - Props to Cain Velasquez  (Read 14356 times)

spinnis

Re: Props to Cain.
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2010, 10:17:28 AM »

Try about 4 years Swede. That and he had a great wrestling background beforehand. Wrestling is the best base to have in mma, so with a bit of sub defence it does well against guys that aren't well rounded. The division is still pretty shallow, so there aren't a huge ammount of guys who are going to negate his wrestling at the moment.

He needed to make improvements after the Carwin fight, the fact he didn't, probably means that he has gone as far as he can go. I think given the mental aspect as well, he might have real trouble coming back.

I actually think his standup looked better, threw alot more clean shots just durign that little time then he had before.. But not anywhere near cains striking level ofc.

problem is, I dont see anyone else then cain/carwin beating him... Thats the problem. whats the comback match? mir? he woudl jsut kill him again wouldn't learn anything.  I guess Carwin.. but I think brock could to what he did to cain int his fight and carwin wouldnt be able to stand up...

then again his striking would Have to get better before facing carwin again, so I guess thats coming up. Only 2 years in the making though so he has the potential to get Alot better. Nedds to SWITCH up his camps though. Didnt even have a basic guard..

if he had great ju jutsu this fight Might have gone differently. So I almost think he needs to focus on that More then his boxing even,

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: UFC 121 - Props to Cain Velasquez
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2010, 10:21:50 AM »
Bullshit his boxing is atrocious, he needs to learn how to throw a punch and how to block/move his head. He needs to get out of bumfuck where ever and into a real camp.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

spinnis

« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2010, 10:23:58 AM »
Bullshit his boxing is atrocious, he needs to learn how to throw a punch and how to block/move his head. He needs to get out of bumfuck where ever and into a real camp.

he needs to More learn how to hold basic guard..

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2010, 10:30:40 AM »
he needs to More learn how to hold basic guard..
Basically he needs to learn how to be a real Mixed Martial Artist.

spinnis

« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2010, 10:31:33 AM »
Basically he needs to learn how to be a real Mixed Martial Artist.

pretty much lol.

and he needs NEW coaches to teach him.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2010, 10:34:58 AM »
Hold basic guard? ::)

You really are a delusional fuckwad.

Pulling guard yesterday wouldn't have done shit, he was so gassed he would have had a heart attack in the middle of the octagon if he tried to posture up and control Cain's head/ wrists.

And what happened? I thought Brock earned his Purple Belt in BJJ ( must have been from an internet BJJ school).

The bottom line is that he can't box, he can't kick, he can't defend himself and when things get rough, he runs like a pussy and covers his head. Also throw in the fact that he has no stamina, no heart and the second he can't bully the other fighter with his size and strength he panics. Lesnar is nothing but an unworthy, overhyped, can who had no business being a UFC champ in the first place.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2010, 10:35:09 AM »
we arent talking about a spring chicken that has time to grow he's a guy in his mid 30's & he will not evolve...he will be out of mma within 18-24 months...
DAWG

spinnis

« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2010, 10:36:02 AM »
we arent talking about a spring chicken that has time to grow he's a guy in his mid 30's & he will not evolve...he will be out of mma within 18-24 months...

say that if he still looks like this more then 2 years of mma training =) at least 5..

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2010, 10:36:36 AM »
Brock was a money making gimmick Dana White brought in when the UFC was having trouble with Randy Couture.  Randy's leaving with the title, the success of foreign fighters aquired from the PRIDE buyout, the rise of other American based fighting organizations with TV contracts scared Dana that he might lose his key market demographic (12-40) year old white American males.
Dana, being a smart businessman, reacted by changing many of his sponsors including more "pro-military" "pro-american" businesses.  Going to the wrestling well was genius move...not from a purist standpoint, but certainly from profit one.  Brock agreed to "play his part" because he is an actor and Dana helped to make him legitimate by supplying the trainers and giving him a title shot so early.

It's as much a gimmick as bringing in a "boxer" or giving a Youtube street fighter a shot in the ring. I'm waiting for the Brock vs Brown bear fight!!

Anything to hold onto that demographic that buys the PPV, clothes and whatever else the sponsors are selling.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2010, 10:41:31 AM »
Hold basic guard? ::)

You really are a delusional fuckwad.

Pulling guard yesterday wouldn't have done shit, he was so gassed he would have had a heart attack in the middle of the octagon if he tried to posture up and control Cain's head/ wrists.

And what happened? I thought Brock earned his Purple Belt in BJJ ( must have been from an internet BJJ school).

The bottom line is that he can't box, he can't kick, he can't defend himself and when things get rough, he runs like a pussy and covers his head. Also throw in the fact that he has no stamina, no heart and the second he can't bully the other fighter with his size and strength he panics. Lesnar is nothing but an unworthy, overhyped, can who had no business being a UFC champ in the first place.

Indeed....what a pathetic display of cowardice that was.....he literally quit while laying on the ground like a total pussy....."please stop hitting me, please stop hitting me"......Hahaaaaaahaaaaaaa

some "fighter"  ::) ::)......... when the other guys fights back and throws punches, he curls up into a ball and quits

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2010, 10:43:54 AM »
say that if he still looks like this more then 2 years of mma training =) at least 5..

He has been training mma for over 4 years, for the second time. :)

Trans Milkshake.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2010, 10:44:04 AM »

Indeed....what a pathetic display of cowardice that was.....he literally quit while laying on the ground like a total pussy....."please stop hitting me, please stop hitting me"......Hahaaaaaahaaaaaaa

some "fighter"  ::) ::)......... when the other guys fights back and throws punches, he curls up into a ball and quits

haha- I think he was waiting for the Ultimate Warrior to storm the octagon with a steel chair, or have Sable take her top off to distract the ref, so he could kick Cain in the groin or poke him in the eye and then powerbomb him.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2010, 10:45:39 AM »
Online tips for professional fighters  :D

PRAXIS

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2010, 11:43:31 AM »
I didnt see the fight. But If I was Dana white and sticking to his business model he's just trying to tap into a new market. Lets cut the shit the Hispanic population/market is fucking huge in the US. This was a good idea.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2010, 12:28:54 PM »
Hahhahaa Praxis bringing the truth!!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!