Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Training Q&A

Training protocols: HIT/HST/Max-OT/DC/GVT/Volume links inside + Excersise

<< < (2/17) > >>

Al:

--- Quote from: knny187 on May 03, 2004, 03:47:11 PM ---FYI

As most of you may know, most manufactures make their equipment overseas (China).  All steel products that are currently being sold here in the U.S. that are made in China are going to take a price increase within the next few months.  Some things already have.  There's many reasons for this but if your looking for anything from a set of dumbbells to a home workout system...the prices are going to go up.

I feel because of the huge importing we do from china...this could affect a lot of different products in the home not just weights.  

--- End quote ---

Actually, steel prices are skyrocketing all over the world and China is the place where they are likeliest to stabilize. China has twice the steel output capacity as America and it has the predominant coke export license for the EU. On top of that, they actually purchase the most  steel from the US-larger orders get better prices. Smaller American contractors are feeling the pinch so much more (especially since they are feeling it in other building materials like wood, as well as gas.). Prior to Bush lifting export tariffs, steel prices were rid-ic-u-low, steel manufacturers were barely surviving, but they've shot up almost 100% a ton in the past six months. The "steel shortage" is symptomatic of a soft economy and only temporary. Steel prices are reset every month while steel orders are usually long term contracts, so its unlikely that consumer products will be noticeably affected.

Topic? Doggcrapp-has anyone used this? It sounds scientifically unsound. Maybe I'm missing something ,but even if you're doing another exercise you're still working the same bodypart. So you're still defeating the point of recovery, right?

Samuraii:
So..... HST and max-ot are identical and very good.... i am going on max-ot the start of june or somewhere in around there.  They both have the same fundamentals except max-ot benefits from increasing your maximum by incorporating 2 inclimations sets... if ur max was 275... with 3 warmup sets, 2 inclimation sets, and 3 heavy sets.... you should be able to put up 285lb on flat bench by yourself from 4-6 reps with positive failure.

Which is better to you guys, HST or max-ot?

Samuraii:
So..... HST and max-ot are identical and very good.... i am going on max-ot the start of june or somewhere in around there.  They both have the same fundamentals except max-ot benefits from increasing your maximum by incorporating 2 inclimations sets... if ur max was 275... with 3 warmup sets, 2 inclimation sets, and 3 heavy sets.... you should be able to put up 285lb on flat bench by yourself from 4-6 reps with positive failure.

Which is better to you guys, HST or max-ot?

Hedgehog:

--- Quote from: Samuraii on May 29, 2004, 11:43:39 PM ---So..... HST and max-ot are identical and very good....
--- End quote ---

No. They are not identical.

--- Quote ---i am going on max-ot the start of june or somewhere in around there.  They both have the same fundamentals
--- End quote ---

Not really. HST will for one have you train either full body workouts, or split the body in two. Further, you will work every musclegroup at least 3 times a week. Not the case with Max-OT.

Lots of differences.

--- Quote ---Which is better to you guys, HST or max-ot?

--- End quote ---

I've tried Max-OT. And currently I have been using HST for little over a year. IMO, HST is more effective.

The upside to Max-OT is how it all is laid out for you. It will take a little more effort to get into HST.

Go with your planned training. It will most likely yield great results.

YIP
Zack

what.:
I like the 1-6 principal:
http://t-mag.com/html/body_58princ.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version