Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Training Q&A

Frank Calta training info

(1/6) > >>

Rmj11:
Anyone got any info on how Frank Calta trained like exercises, sets and reps? I know he did an every other day split but has anyone got any more info at all?

Humble Narcissist:
http://ditillo2.blogspot.com/2018/11/frank-calta-interview-doris-barrilleaux.html

oldtimer1:
Mentzer was influenced by him and used the same rotation for recuperation split. This is how Mentzer split his body using Frank Calta's rotation schedule. Monday was thighs, chest and triceps. Tuesday off. Wednesday was Back, delt and bicep. Thursday off. Friday he was back to thighs, chest and triceps. Weekends were off. Monday was the rotation. Monday now was back, delts and bicep. Tuesday off. Wednesday was thighs, chest and triceps. Thursday off. Friday was back, delts and biceps. Calta used more sets than Mentzer. I know I have a couple of Calta articles in my old Ironman magazines but I have so many it would be a chore to find them. I know Calta did more sets than Mentzer. I think three sets per exercise but my memory is fuzzy on that.

Humble Narcissist:

--- Quote from: oldtimer1 on December 26, 2020, 05:49:51 PM ---Mentzer was influenced by him and used the same rotation for recuperation split. This is how Mentzer split his body using Frank Calta's rotation schedule. Monday was thighs, chest and triceps. Tuesday off. Wednesday was Back, delt and bicep. Thursday off. Friday he was back to thighs, chest and triceps. Weekends were off. Monday was the rotation. Monday now was back, delts and bicep. Tuesday off. Wednesday was thighs, chest and triceps. Thursday off. Friday was back, delts and biceps. Calta used more sets than Mentzer. I know I have a couple of Calta articles in my old Ironman magazines but I have so many it would be a chore to find them. I know Calta did more sets than Mentzer. I think three sets per exercise but my memory is fuzzy on that.

--- End quote ---
If Calta did 3 sets per exercise then he probably did the same amount as Mentzer.  Mentzer just counted the 1st 2 sets as warmups.

Rmj11:

--- Quote from: Humble Narcissist on December 26, 2020, 03:53:11 PM ---http://ditillo2.blogspot.com/2018/11/frank-calta-interview-doris-barrilleaux.html

--- End quote ---

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version