Author Topic: The 1008 pound Inchpress  (Read 14013 times)

Mr. Intenseone

Re: The 1008 pound Inchpress
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2006, 02:31:59 PM »
Where was this one at.  I think my friend Paula Suzuki in competiton did something like 435(?) at a bodyweight of around 155.  I know I don;t have the number exact but they are close.

At the Scott Mendelson's bench press contest at the Ironman this weekend!

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2006, 03:19:02 PM »
if these guys are so strong then why not go for the raw record? Because theyll get nowhere near it! Pathetic
Guess what dipshit?  Scott has the raw record as well.  Next time you try to insult someone at least get the facts straight.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2006, 03:23:46 PM »
And another thing, All the people saying they could do this with whatever shirt and blah, blah, blah, would break there arms even trying to do a one inch lockout with that kind of weight.  I agree Gene Rychlaks attempt at the olympia was an embarrasment to the sport but at least scott made his lift.  Does anyone have a link to the video?

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2006, 03:27:22 PM »
Where was this one at.  I think my friend Paula Suzuki in competiton did something like 435(?) at a bodyweight of around 155.  I know I don;t have the number exact but they are close.
And guess what?  She was wearing one of the shirts that everyone has such a problem with while she did that lift.

RadBrad

• Getbig II
  • BoobiesYEooooow
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2006, 03:28:01 PM »
And another thing, All the people saying they could do this with whatever shirt and blah, blah, blah, would break there arms even trying to do a one inch lockout with that kind of weight.  I agree Gene Rychlaks attempt at the olympia was an embarrasment to the sport but at least scott made his lift.  Does anyone have a link to the video?
I agree, holding 1000lbs at arms length must be brutal (especially since bench shirts help more at the chest level).  However, I will be waaaayy more impressed when a guy deadlifts 1000.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2006, 04:25:10 PM »
I agree, holding 1000lbs at arms length must be brutal (especially since bench shirts help more at the chest level).  However, I will be waaaayy more impressed when a guy deadlifts 1000.
I also would rather see someone deadlift 1000 as the equipment is a minimal part of the lift so its all strength and teqhnique.   However, a 1000 pound bench even with equipment is still impressive.

clever_username

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2006, 04:35:16 PM »

Paula Suzuki - 403 lb @ 161 lb bwt, using APF-legal circa-2000 bench shirt technology (and yes, that kind of detail seems necessary these days...)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2006, 07:46:23 PM »
Thanks for all the details.  I just remembered she did over 400 which I thought was pretty good.  I figured she wore a shirt.  Most people do nowadays.

bigbiceps

• Getbig III
  • Team Levrone
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2006, 10:02:02 PM »
I don't know what you guys think but this bench press from Mendelson was boring.  Instead of that waste of time they should have had a couple of people trying to break the deadlift and squat records.  Deadlift preferably since you don't see all of these spotters getting in the way of the view. 

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2006, 10:08:37 PM »
I don't know what you guys think but this bench press from Mendelson was boring.  Instead of that waste of time they should have had a couple of people trying to break the deadlift and squat records.  Deadlift preferably since you don't see all of these spotters getting in the way of the view. 

Dude, even though I came for the bodybuilding, I personally thought the strongman and bench contest's were freaking awesome. These guys are about as intense as you can get. You must have missed the strongman event. Some pics should be up on the site shortly...right Rob? ;D

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2006, 01:44:43 AM »
Guess what dipshit?  Scott has the raw record as well.  Next time you try to insult someone at least get the facts straight.

i know he does you fucking retard, im addressing people like Gene Rychalik. Mendleson doesnt have to prove himself RAW but big Gene and the rest do. Fucking idiot.
Scouser on Tour

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2006, 03:20:03 AM »
To tell you the truth I think Powerlifting is a joke until they get rid of the suits. 

SulkingGreekGod

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2006, 05:03:08 AM »
Benedikt Magnusson has deadlifted 968 lbs @ 352 lbs bodyweight, all at the tender age of 22. I think a 1000-lb DL is just around the corner...

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2006, 05:07:24 AM »
To tell you the truth I think Powerlifting is a joke until they get rid of the suits. 

you know i agree
it's like a thong thing but for big people

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2006, 05:52:39 AM »
Powerlifting a joke untill they get rid of the gear?Ha,ha,yes sir,and bodybuilding is a very legit pursuit.I especially think synthol in the delts,spot injections into the calves,t-3 to get ripped because you cant diet,lasix to get rid of water,fake tans,jaws jutting out farther then SGT SLAUGHTERS from growth hormone,and fag judges getting favors for higher placings is waaaay more legit.Yes,gear ruins powerlifting,its obviously no longer a sport like bodybuilding with all that strenuous posing and primping,now THATS a real display of athletics at its finast.

RadBrad

• Getbig II
  • BoobiesYEooooow
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2006, 05:56:58 AM »
Benedikt Magnusson has deadlifted 968 lbs @ 352 lbs bodyweight, all at the tender age of 22. I think a 1000-lb DL is just around the corner...
Yeah, that's what I was refering to, the kid is just a beast.  I wouldn't be surprised if he has come very close to 1000 in training.

Also, guys, I hate it as much as anyone, but the suits and shirts are here to stay.

mm-mike

• Getbig I
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2006, 09:53:32 AM »
The guy is strong, but the amount of work and effort that went into this lift was a bit laughable.

Took his cree like half an hour to set up the bench.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2006, 10:34:44 AM »
I have benched 1200 lbs before !!!
over a period of 2 months ! ;D

AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

MOS

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2006, 10:38:17 AM »
The guy is strong, but the amount of work and effort that went into this lift was a bit laughable.
Took his cree like half an hour to set up the bench.

Ouch! good thing he's got 3 layers of fat to cover is stomach!
just push some weight!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2006, 11:12:10 AM »
That little video montage was excellent. I love the way the suit makes Mendelson stand, his arms are splayed out almost in front of him.

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2006, 11:17:38 AM »
Mardune is one strong mother@#$@.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2006, 11:27:45 AM »
See how his arms stayed straight after he dumped it.  Those suits are stupid.  Someone needs to invent one that has hydraulic hoses hooked up to it to lift the weight.  That way we can see someone lift a ton.  They are stupid and I don't care how much a guys lifts when a suit it used it doesn't impress me at all.  The gear is one thing but the suit takes it way over the top.  Just like implants and synthol in BB.  Just to much.  As bad as it sounds I've said it on here before but it might take one of these idiots to really get hurt lifting that heavy weight to stop it.  Inside I would feel a little less proud of myself if I had to count on what shirt I have on to lift a weight.  All the hard training and such just to bomb out cause I couldn't afford the best suit made when someone else can and they beat me.  That just sounds to me like shit.  The suits are stupid it's that simple.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2006, 03:30:30 PM »
i know he does you fucking retard, im addressing people like Gene Rychalik. Mendleson doesnt have to prove himself RAW but big Gene and the rest do. Fucking idiot.
Dude, did you realize that the title of this post is refering to Scott Mendelsons bench at the Ironman?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2006, 03:35:11 PM »
See how his arms stayed straight after he dumped it.  Those suits are stupid.  Someone needs to invent one that has hydraulic hoses hooked up to it to lift the weight.  That way we can see someone lift a ton.  They are stupid and I don't care how much a guys lifts when a suit it used it doesn't impress me at all.  The gear is one thing but the suit takes it way over the top.  Just like implants and synthol in BB.  Just to much.  As bad as it sounds I've said it on here before but it might take one of these idiots to really get hurt lifting that heavy weight to stop it.  Inside I would feel a little less proud of myself if I had to count on what shirt I have on to lift a weight.  All the hard training and such just to bomb out cause I couldn't afford the best suit made when someone else can and they beat me.  That just sounds to me like shit.  The suits are stupid it's that simple.

Yep yep.....Don`t tell that to the animal Pak people.........hahahah they are hardcore.