Author Topic: US regulators give full approval to Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine (NOT!)  (Read 16443 times)

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
Re: US regulators give full approval to Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2021, 04:01:10 PM »
I think with all the doses administered at this point Pfizer is likely a safe vaccine, we just need to wait a little longer for results re boosters and use in different demographics but atm it looks good on safety.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2021, 04:12:17 PM »
I hear ya and I was just making a goofy, silly reply. It's still getbig isn't it? ;)

Ok,  maybe you are being serious with your questions and concerns.
I can appreciate THAT, but c'mon, no form of proof is ever enough for many who post here?
It's always another question, conspiracy theory and more doubt. It's endless dribble that goes on and on.

Dude, the FDA just gave FULL use approval for the 1st Covid vax ( Pfizer).
This is the "gold standard " of safety and effectiveness . It's the best proof any drug can get.

If that's not good enough, nothing I can say matters.
You're right, at this point any more "debate " is pointless.

Believe whatever you want. I give up  ;D

It's not that it's not good enough, it's just that there's much more context that should be taken into consideration.

Over large sample sizes, in a short time period, the therapy is safe, that's what the math says.

But individuals are sample sizes of one, an insignificant sample in the aggregate, but super important to that individual.

So I believe each individual should weigh their own personal risk profile, and be entitled to make their decision based on that, without catching shit from anyone else telling them what they "should" be doing.

For example, even in the FDA approval doc on Pfizer, it says they will continue to monitor and track cases of myocarditis.  Someone with any potential heart issue, who is otherwise in great metabolic health, may opt that it's better for them to get the virus and beat it, than to risk that particular side effect.  There are countless other examples.

In addition, as you know why I was asking, there are zero long term studies, and that is also a valid concern.

So, no I don't think it's dangerous on the aggregate.  Most who take it, will be less susceptible to hospitalizations or severe effects if they do get Covid in a breakthrough.

But that doesn't mean it's not potentially lethal to others, and they have every right not to take it, and not have restrictions.
Y

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2021, 04:12:56 PM »
I am feeling pretty damn healthy. I don't take flu shots and I don't plan to take a Covid shot either. Honestly you can keep your chin diapers as well.

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2021, 04:18:41 PM »
It's not that it's not good enough, it's just that there's much more context that should be taken into consideration.

Over large sample sizes, in a short time period, the therapy is safe, that's what the math says.

But individuals are sample sizes of one, an insignificant sample in the aggregate, but super important to that individual.

So I believe each individual should weigh their own personal risk profile, and be entitled to make their decision based on that, without catching shit from anyone else telling them what they "should" be doing.

For example, even in the FDA approval doc on Pfizer, it says they will continue to monitor and track cases of myocarditis.  Someone with any potential heart issue, who is otherwise in great metabolic health, may opt that it's better for them to get the virus and beat it, than to risk that particular side effect.  There are countless other examples.

In addition, as you know why I was asking, there are zero long term studies, and that is also a valid concern.

So, no I don't think it's dangerous on the aggregate.  Most who take it, will be less susceptible to hospitalizations or severe effects if they do get Covid in a breakthrough.

But that doesn't mean it's potentially lethal to others, and they have every right not to take it, and not have restrictions.

Great post! Agree 100%

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2021, 04:20:54 PM »

But that doesn't mean it's potentially lethal to others, and they have every right not to take it, and not have restrictions.

To your point...

If I was a young male under 25 I wouldn't get the Pfizer vaccine as risk reward isn't there imo, due to very minimal covid risk compared to the small risk of myocarditis in this age group with Pfizer.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2021, 04:39:31 PM »
Oxycodone was approved by the FDA too. Nothing to see here, move along...  ;D

https://www.businessinsider.com/fda-chief-approved-oxycontin-six-figure-gig-at-purdue-pharma-2021-5

The US regulator who oversaw the approval of the highly-addictive opioid OxyContin got a six-figure gig at the drug's manufacturer a year later, a new book claims.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2021, 04:59:52 PM »

https://www.businessinsider.com/fda-chief-approved-oxycontin-six-figure-gig-at-purdue-pharma-2021-5

The US regulator who oversaw the approval of the highly-addictive opioid OxyContin got a six-figure gig at the drug's manufacturer a year later, a new book claims.

This is what people who are continually calling for heavy regulations don’t understand. Eventually the regulators get in bed with the industry that they’re supposed to be regulating.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2021, 05:32:21 PM »
Just after I made reservations to visit friends up north, Multnomah County mandated masks for indoor public places.  With Pfizer’s jab now FDA-approved, will my Moderna vax become inadequate to get me into a restaurant?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2021, 05:36:41 PM »
Just after I made reservations to visit friends up north, Multnomah County mandated masks for indoor public places.  With Pfizer’s jab now FDA-approved, will my Moderna vax become inadequate to get me into a restaurant?

I suspect most people who got the Moderna are asking themselves that question today. Based on past performance, I believe it will be recommended that those who got the Moderna also get the Pfizer.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2021, 05:44:00 PM »
The Pfizer vaccine just got FULL use approval by the FDA.

That means it's safe and effective in treating covid-19.

THIS is from the world of real medical science based on rigorous trials NOT social media hype.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs against this are based on delusional nonsense that only exists in minds like yours.

It’s only been a short while so to fully trust this is a bit premature,no?

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2021, 07:13:25 PM »
According to the release it's just an extension of the EUA with an extension for the 12-16 age groups....an age strata that they have very little data for.

Remember, both mRNA vax's slate/were at Phase 3 of the the 4 phase FDA clinical trials.

We live in interesting times.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2021, 07:25:29 PM »
Perfect timing....Biden talked about this today...took no questions on Afghanistan.  ::)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2021, 07:28:58 PM »
What if I told you the former head of the FDA was currently sitting on the board at Pfizer? That would be crazy, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Gottlieb

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2021, 07:30:36 PM »
According to the release it's just an extension of the EUA with an extension for the 12-16 age groups....an age strata that they have very little data for.

Remember, both mRNA vax's slate/were at Phase 3 of the the 4 phase FDA clinical trials.

We live in interesting times.

Lots of data on the deceased fat and elderly.  Millions between 5 and 18 infected, but less than 300 deaths since the virus arrived.

Most interesting times.

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Deaths-Focus-on-Ages-0-18-Yea/nr4s-juj3

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2021, 09:03:30 PM »
C'mon Coach, even Trump just said he took the vax and advised his rally crowd to take it (in AL, this weekend).
He said it was safe and effective and they boooo'd  him for it.

Sadly, AL and Miss has more Covid patients then hospital beds for 'em.
The vast majority needing hospital care for Covid are UNvaccinated.

Meanwhile , may of the leading pundits on your side advise taking Ivermectin for Covid.
Ivermectin is a cow and horse de-wormer you can buy at a feed store. There are no credible studies on using it for Covid.
Many who try it, are getting seriously ill and have to be treated for taking a poison.

Howard why do you care so much for these lemmings who refuse the vaccine? 

You've never had children, by your own choice (which is the right choice if you dont want them), but despite not wanting to raise children of your own you still have this God complex where you want to save the world from covid. Why?

nerdoldnerdith

• Getbig II
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2021, 10:02:39 PM »
Still not taking it.

I don't need a reason not to take it. Not taking it is the default position. The only reason to take it comes from institutional and social pressure, not anything from real life. To this day I don't know a single person who has died from this virus, and only know of one person who was in bad health getting particularly ill. I just don't give a fuck. There has not been a single instance that hit home and made me care enough to modify my behavior in any way unless coerced, and it's not like I don't know people who are vulnerable.

Everything about this pandemic including the vaccine stinks so bad you can probably smell the stench from the moon. To say I don't trust the people telling me what to do is an understatement. When they tell me to put something in my body I am running for the hills.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2021, 10:03:20 PM »
I think with all the doses administered at this point Pfizer is likely a safe vaccine

Over large sample sizes, in a short time period, the therapy is safe

tards will tard. 

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2021, 02:51:43 AM »
I dont know which one she got, but a gal I went to school with, her (30 yr old) daughter just got the Vax and died 2-days later.
No (known) health issues.
She was a HS teacher and was pressured into to getting it, as school will be returning...

Sad stuff...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2021, 04:53:40 AM »
Pediatricians say it's a 'no-no' to vaccinate children under 12 against COVID-19 – even though it's now legal

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pediatricians-no-no-vaccinate-children-100055215.html

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2021, 05:08:46 AM »
I dont know which one she got, but a gal I went to school with, her (30 yr old) daughter just got the Vax and died 2-days later.
No (known) health issues.
She was a HS teacher and was pressured into to getting it, as school will be returning...

Sad stuff...

So, after 1.5 years or so of this fiasco:

1. Folks I know who have died from the RONA = 0
2. Folks I know who have died from the Vax = 1

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2021, 05:24:37 AM »

Solid post
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2021, 05:25:15 AM »
This is what people who are continually calling for heavy regulations don’t understand. Eventually the regulators get in bed with the industry that they’re supposed to be regulating.
Yep
A

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2021, 05:35:45 AM »
Y

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2021, 05:44:44 AM »

And so was Tylenol.

Acetaminophen overdose is the leading cause for calls to Poison Control Centers (>100,000/year) and accounts for more than 56,000 emergency room visits, 2,600 hospitalizations, and an estimated 458 deaths due to acute liver failure each year. Data from the U.S. Acute Liver Failure Study Group registry of more than 700 patients with acute liver failure across the United States implicates acetaminophen poisoning in nearly 50% of all acute liver failure in this country. Available in many single or combination products, acetaminophen produces more than 1 billion US dollars in annual sales for Tylenol products alone. It is heavily marketed for its safety compared to nonsteroidal analgesics. By enabling self-diagnosis and treatment of minor aches and pains, its benefits are said by the Food and Drug Administration to outweigh its risks. It still must be asked: Is this amount of injury and death really acceptable for an over-the-counter pain reliever?

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15239078/

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2021, 05:51:34 AM »
Ultra-Vaxxed Israel’s Crisis Is a Dire Warning to America

In June, there were several days with zero new COVID infections in Israel. The country launched its national vaccination campaign in December last year and has one of the highest vaccination rates in the world, with 80 percent of citizens above the age of 12 fully inoculated. COVID, most Israelis thought, had been defeated.

Fast forward two months later: Israel reported 9,831 new diagnosed cases on Tuesday, a hairbreadth away from the worst daily figure ever recorded in the country—10,000—at the peak of the third wave. More than 350 people have died of the disease in the first three weeks of August. In a Sunday press conference, the directors of seven public hospitals announced that they could no longer admit any coronavirus patients. With 670 COVID-19 patients requiring critical care, their wards are overflowing and staff are at breaking point.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ultra-vaxxed-israel-debacle-dire-073840050.html