Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 776399 times)

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #1850 on: January 15, 2018, 07:38:55 AM »
Thank you. Yes a very nice self owning of Mr A indeed!

My one kind of regret is that i did not hold until I was a full-blown crypto millionaire instead of getting to around 1/3 of the way there. That would have been the icing on the cake of his self ownage. But still I’ll take my gains and am very happy with them.

Oh if only Mr Anabolic (and me for that matter) has listened to Getbig’s idiot/savant Vincent Goodrim back in 2013...

Screen shot bud.  Until then whatever you post here is meaningless. 

Put up or shut up.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1851 on: January 15, 2018, 07:39:39 AM »
Don't all exchanges ask for a picture ID, SS# and other private info to open an account?  That's not anonymous.

There is no escaping big brother.  Governments can do anything and enact any law it wants to.  They can ban all cryptos outright, or ban transfers of cash from crypto exchanges into bank accounts.  If they don't want you to use something, you won't.   Once "Fedcoin" is mandated by law, all other cryptos will most likely be deemed illegal.  

You have no idea Mr A. Hundreds of thousands of people trade p2p every day. No exchanges needed.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1852 on: January 15, 2018, 07:41:24 AM »

Screen shot bud.  Until then whatever you post here is meaningless. 

Put up or shut up.

Screen shot can be faked bud. Forget about your obsession with my wealth and stick to the discussion would be more helpful for all.

Blippity blip ...

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1853 on: January 15, 2018, 07:54:57 AM »
Screen shot can be faked bud. Forget about your obsession with my wealth and stick to the discussion would be more helpful for all.

Blippity blip ...

What's stopping you posting a screen shot?

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #1854 on: January 15, 2018, 08:12:36 AM »

Blippity blip ...

Weak.  You don't have any real wealth, just a gum flapping fantasy.

Put up or shut up.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #1855 on: January 15, 2018, 08:13:52 AM »
You have no idea Mr A. Hundreds of thousands of people trade p2p every day. No exchanges needed.

There is a ledger... it's NOT anonymous. 

Zero2Hero

• Getbig II
« Reply #1856 on: January 15, 2018, 08:19:09 AM »
Don't all exchanges ask for a picture ID, SS# and other private info to open an account?  That's not anonymous.

There is no escaping big brother.  Governments can do anything and enact any law it wants to.  They can ban all cryptos outright, or ban transfers of cash from crypto exchanges into bank accounts.  If they don't want you to use something, you won't.   Once "Fedcoin" is mandated by law, all other cryptos will most likely be deemed illegal.  

I've exchanged thousands p2p, no exchange needed. Some through exchanges, they were taxed, but not an issue also, keeping in mind all other upsides. And decentralised exchanges will enable doing the same without even meeting and no ID's, nothing. Just read on the technology, you have quite a wrong idea of how all this works.
 And no, government can NOT ban anything in this case, unless they ban internet, that's the whole idea. There is nothing to ban to begin with, you can ban even internet, and it'd be possible to transfer wealth in that way using a phone text message still (at the wors case scenario) if really needed. As long as PEOPLE will consider it having a value, it will have a value, no matter the "official" stance of a government. You can ban gold, but you will hardly stop people from trading it for goods/currency/etc, it is tenfold more difficult with crypto.
 With anonymity oriented cryptos, there is inherently no way to track anything at all, but bitcoin can be anonymus if you want to, no doubt about that.
 This is a new era, new kind of wealth, a way of transferring it and it is here to stay.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1857 on: January 15, 2018, 08:19:33 AM »
Held onto 1 btc and a few bits and pieces - basically a touch over 1. Will keep that so I can still legitimately gloat about any new highs but also as a hedge against what my happen in the future not to mention an easy access to cash if emergency and travelling.

Thanks, but you didn't answer the first part of my question.  How many did you sell?   ???

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #1858 on: January 15, 2018, 08:20:11 AM »
There is a ledger... it's NOT anonymous. 

Why do you care so much? Why is this dick in this thread?

J

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #1859 on: January 15, 2018, 08:37:43 AM »

J

Bro this thread started with Gib telling us to buy in on bitcoins before they hit 100k.

Gib sold his before they got within sniffing distance of that number.

It's great Gib made so much money, he was shrewd on his dealings, but he keeps talking about bitcoins being the future yet he completely  sold on them when they recovered from the market dip (apparently he's bought/held on to one).

That said his postings here come across as fraudulent as gh15. His whole mantra was buy and hold for long term investment yet he got out of the game 4 months after his first post.  :/

Mr. Anabolic called him out on pushing bitcoin as a logical investment for everyone.

Again kudos for Gib on cashing out, but based on his postings he left a tremendous amount of money on the table, and that counters everything he's said.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1860 on: January 15, 2018, 08:56:13 AM »
Gib needs to PROVE himself and post screen shots of his 384K profit. 

Until he does that, he's owned no one... except himself. 

1 million per blip? - lol 

I would say that’s a fair enough request.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1861 on: January 15, 2018, 09:46:56 AM »
ripple continues to fall back down to the ground - dang

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1862 on: January 15, 2018, 09:56:30 AM »
how did it feel

couldn't say, was completely blitzed

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #1863 on: January 15, 2018, 10:17:57 AM »
couldn't say, was completely blitzed

haha, me too

and agree, blipcoin is the opposite of anonymous, lol

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #1864 on: January 15, 2018, 01:10:53 PM »
J

So let me get this straight... I am a dick because I say blipcoin is a Ponzi bubble mania, with no fundamentals, no intrinsic value whatsoever and had a parabolic rise based on the greater fool principle?

I call things how I see them.  I don't want people here to get their face ripped off buying into the biggest maniacal Ponzi bubble in history.  

Why are you so threatened by me?  

Buy some silver and be patient.  That's free advice.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #1865 on: January 15, 2018, 01:15:08 PM »
I've exchanged thousands p2p, no exchange needed. Some through exchanges, they were taxed, but not an issue also, keeping in mind all other upsides. And decentralised exchanges will enable doing the same without even meeting and no ID's, nothing. Just read on the technology, you have quite a wrong idea of how all this works.
 And no, government can NOT ban anything in this case, unless they ban internet, that's the whole idea. There is nothing to ban to begin with, you can ban even internet, and it'd be possible to transfer wealth in that way using a phone text message still (at the wors case scenario) if really needed. As long as PEOPLE will consider it having a value, it will have a value, no matter the "official" stance of a government. You can ban gold, but you will hardly stop people from trading it for goods/currency/etc, it is tenfold more difficult with crypto.
 With anonymity oriented cryptos, there is inherently no way to track anything at all, but bitcoin can be anonymus if you want to, no doubt about that.
 This is a new era, new kind of wealth, a way of transferring it and it is here to stay.

Okay.  Good luck bro.

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #1866 on: January 15, 2018, 01:15:23 PM »
I wonder if this cryptocurrency is going to die or really take off as a way of payment in the future.
On what mainstraim places can I pay with crypto's at the moment?
Bitcoin mining uses so much energy it is crazy, so it will be stopped because of environment, no?

Zero2Hero

• Getbig II
« Reply #1867 on: January 15, 2018, 01:57:15 PM »
I wonder if this cryptocurrency is going to die or really take off as a way of payment in the future.
On what mainstraim places can I pay with crypto's at the moment?
Bitcoin mining uses so much energy it is crazy, so it will be stopped because of environment, no?

It is def a revolution, if you try using it a few times, you just can't forget how convenient, easy, fast and liberating it feels, it really does. As someone who uses it pretty much daily I don't even have a question whether it will take off, it already has done that, now it only needs to spread, over time. Regarding paying in crypto, well at least where I am from, I've seen people selling cars and houses for bitcoin, that's pretty neat I must say, given it's a pretty early and shaky stages of adoption.
 Bitcoin mining will continue for as long, as it is profitable for the miners.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1868 on: January 15, 2018, 02:31:26 PM »
It is def a revolution, if you try using it a few times, you just can't forget how convenient, easy, fast and liberating it feels, it really does. As someone who uses it pretty much daily I don't even have a question whether it will take off, it already has done that, now it only needs to spread, over time. Regarding paying in crypto, well at least where I am from, I've seen people selling cars and houses for bitcoin, that's pretty neat I must say, given it's a pretty early and shaky stages of adoption.
 Bitcoin mining will continue for as long, as it is profitable for the miners.

Hi Satoshi Nakamoto.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1869 on: January 15, 2018, 02:44:52 PM »

I’ve tried and tried to explain this to Mr A. He’s simply blind to this reality.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1870 on: January 15, 2018, 02:50:49 PM »
Big whoop if someone uses it for business. It's slower and shitty which means you have other drives for using it --> You are either trading illegally. Avoiding tax for yourself or the person at the other end. Trading with black money out of the system and needs to remain there. Stolen goods. Hiding money from family etc.  It was invented for that purpose.

Someone sells a house for bitcoin - EVERYBODY IS SELLING HOUSES FOR BITCOIN
Sell a house for 10k bitcoins - contracts reviewed, building inspections done, deposit paid, cooling off period..... oh but it dropped 20% during that time.....  it's laughable for anybody to suggest those kinds of transfer are better than money which is stable in the domestic markets. Nobody wants to sell using a volatile currency, that's why so many use USD.....

The statements being made now on here are pure empty comments because they no longer match up with the actions taken by individuals.

If people believed in the things they said they would still be holding BTC but instead the fear of being wrong (and as i explained previously none of the shit spouted to be happening has actually happened....) so there is a pretty good fucking reason to be scared LOL.

It's akin to telling people 'go jump off that cliff and yell out 'GOLD' and you will land safely in a pool of gold..... but i'll just sit over here in the corner as i did it last week when nobody was watching so i'm pretty comfortable and my back hurts a little from all that gold i landed in'......

I am holding my 2 cryptos despite them going down. I thought previously at year end in the market confusion i should sell and buy lower and get in a better position but ultimately it turned around so quick i would have been better to have stayed in.  So i took a learning from that volatility and this time i am holding throughout the changes. I still firmly believe there will be a massive spike again before we see the ultimate crash happen.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1871 on: January 15, 2018, 02:52:45 PM »
I’ve tried and tried to explain this to Mr A. He’s simply blind to this reality.

It's a fake account that is typing some really dumb stuff.

Don't lower yourself by associating yourself with that account otherwise it reduces your own credibility further.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1872 on: January 15, 2018, 02:55:50 PM »
That was the quote from Buffett concerning bitcoin... “at the end of the day it’s still dollars on both ends”

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #1873 on: January 15, 2018, 03:00:10 PM »
So let me get this straight... I am a dick because I say blipcoin is a Ponzi bubble mania, with no fundamentals, no intrinsic value whatsoever and had a parabolic rise based on the greater fool principle?

I call things how I see them.  I don't want people here to get their face ripped off buying into the biggest maniacal Ponzi bubble in history.  

Why are you so threatened by me?  

Buy some silver and be patient.  That's free advice.

No, you're a dick because everyone gets it . . . we know what your opinion is. You're finished here son, move along.

J

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #1874 on: January 15, 2018, 05:26:12 PM »
No, you're a dick because everyone gets it . . . we know what your opinion is. You're finished here son, move along.
J

I'm your Daddy, you're my son.