Author Topic: Older fart looking for a bodybuilding goal and direction?  (Read 5572 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Older fart looking for a bodybuilding goal and direction?
« on: January 28, 2015, 11:29:31 AM »
I competed a bunch until 19 yrs ago. Now at age 56 I'm looking for some concrete bodybuilding goal.
The good news is, I have no serious medical problems and didn't depend on steroids too much.
The bad news is I have an arthritic right shoulder and lower back ( sacrum area) .
My main need is to lose wt and get leaner.
Ideas?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Older fart looking for a bodybuilding goal and direction?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 12:26:22 PM »
I competed a bunch until 19 yrs ago. Now at age 56 I'm looking for some concrete bodybuilding goal.
The good news is, I have no serious medical problems and didn't depend on steroids too much.
The bad news is I have an arthritic right shoulder and lower back ( sacrum area) .
Ideas?
howard stick to g/o board with this ,,u have many threads there,,no traffic in this section...

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 07:42:29 AM »
I've never dealt with arthritis, but I have been forced to work around sore body parts related to joint and soft tissue problems.

Joe DeFranco's recuperative shoulder routine has appeared in quite a few places over the last several years with almost 100% positive feedback. Because it is a circuit routine, you don't have to use much weight at all.

Here is a link: https://www.t-nation.com/training/shoulder-shocker

Joe provides an excellent demonstration video further down the page.
He also advocates regularly doing band pull-aparts to promote general shoulder health. Personally, I prefer doing this movement as a reverse fly on a pec-deck for the even/consistent tension it provides over band work. However, bands afford you the ability to perform a quick set anytime, anywhere throughout the day.

I hope at least some of this information can help you a bit.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 02:54:45 PM »

So you do have a goal, so what's the point of your post?