Author Topic: Joswift prep thread 2020 season  (Read 20971 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Joswift prep thread 2020 season
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2020, 11:23:09 AM »
you need the fats on this diet, it should form 70% of total cals, Im probably at 50% at the moment as I still have a small amout of carbs in the cottage cheese. milk and yoghurt..

I admire your dedication. Extreme diets are great for other people who benefit from them. I've always sought a balanced and sensible diet. So, there is little chance I would ever follow the diet you are currently doing. But then, I am not interested in becoming a competition bodybuilder. I am happy being relatively fit and darn healthy as compared to a lot of people. According to my doctor, I'm successful at maintaining nearly excellent health.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Brian had a probation officer but wasnt a criminal
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2020, 12:36:26 PM »
I admire your dedication. Extreme diets are great for other people who benefit from them. I've always sought a balanced and sensible diet. So, there is little chance I would ever follow the diet you are currently doing. But then, I am not interested in becoming a competition bodybuilder. I am happy being relatively fit and darn healthy as compared to a lot of people. According to my doctor, I'm successful at maintaining nearly excellent health.

Not sure its going to pan out for me in the long run, may need carbs at some point when competing, cant carb up without carbs, I tried the de carb and fats for breakfats morninbg of show and looked OK..

Went shopping hungry tonight, almost drooled when I saw the breakfast cereal aisle.. :P

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2020, 04:31:36 PM »
Not sure its going to pan out for me in the long run, may need carbs at some point when competing, cant carb up without carbs, I tried the de carb and fats for breakfats morninbg of show and looked OK..

Went shopping hungry tonight, almost drooled when I saw the breakfast cereal aisle.. :P

A weird thing that happens to me is that I tend to lose weight when I don't workout for awhile. Once I go back, my weight gradually increases despite my not changing my diet, including the quantity of food I eat.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2020, 10:09:30 AM »
A weird thing that happens to me is that I tend to lose weight when I don't workout for awhile. Once I go back, my weight gradually increases despite my not changing my diet, including the quantity of food I eat.

Me too.. always lose weight after a layoff, glycogen retention when you start back training maybe, who knows

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2020, 05:37:16 PM »
What's your lifting program look like?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2020, 06:29:19 PM »
Me too.. always lose weight after a layoff, glycogen retention when you start back training maybe, who knows

Glycogen retention is probably a factor. I know I drink a lot more fluids when I'm working out than when I'm not.

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2020, 10:48:51 AM »
2 eggs, 5 bacon

2 lamb chops 4 sausages

chicken bacon cheese and a bit barbecue sauce

tub coconut yoghurt

Not bloated or fat from al that dairy?
O

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2020, 06:11:37 AM »
Not bloated or fat from al that dairy?
Not at all, since I have been on this diet my stomach is flat first thing in the morning, it used to be bloated with the carbs and wheat

about 5/6 weeks in now, feel much better

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2020, 12:30:20 PM »
3 eggs 3 sausage

2 beefburgers, small rump steak

2 eggs 2 bacon
pt milk

tub cottage cheese

dont feel like eating between meals at all

looking better every few days, legs and hams coming in

bit of a sore throat and sneezes today, probably corona virus

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2020, 02:18:33 PM »
Im pretty sure I know the answer as to why all the competitors these days weigh so heavy, its large amounts of carbs and insulin.

This diet I am on doesnt really allow any water retention, its going straight through me, Im getting leaner and tightening up without even trying

I havent counted a single calorie or looked at what macros Im eating, its probably about 40/50% protein and 40/50% fat and 10% carbs

as Im not a big eater not sure how this is going to allow me to add more size and get ready for Septembers shows.
Im getting in shape and my muscles are responding again after the lay off

Its like gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time, (who would have thought it)