Author Topic: some genuine flame-free questions for adonis  (Read 1476 times)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
some genuine flame-free questions for adonis
« on: March 20, 2007, 04:59:27 PM »
you know, i think the "principles" get a bad rap. we all bash it, but you've never actually outlined them or explained them outside of saying that it's all about calories. so let's clarify a few points, okay? one thing, though: don't copy and paste any google studies, you know we aren't going to read them and we know you didn't read them. moving along.

1) you say you can get all of your nutritional values from a standard diet. what exactly are those values? how many grams of protein, carbs, and fat each does a person need?

1a) as a result, since we're eating "whatever we like", how much wiggle room do we have with these values? how far above or below them can we safely go while eating whatever we want?

2) as a followup: if macronutrients don't matter, why do you need to point out how much protein someone needs anyway? assuming a calorie is a calorie, no protein should be no different than lots of protein.

3) you simultaneously claimed that you can predict how calories would affect a body by the minute, but also say that you go for a weekly average with as much as a 700 calorie variance between days. wouldn't it be far smarter to find your optimum caloric level and stick to it every single day?

4) you previously mocked me for suggesting that one could fast for days at a time and then eat a single meal of 10,000 calories and still maintain that aforementioned "weekly average". ignoring that i was being facetious, how do you determine the upper and lower limits? in other words, how far above or below the target caloric level can one safely go? if i need 2500 calories, is 2000 one day then 3000 the next safe? how about 1500 then 3500? 1000 then 4000?

4a) as an extension of the above, wouldn't this caloric variation change how your body is changing day to day? refer back to question 3.

5) you've often bragged about the giant meals you eat and the massive amounts of calories you take in in single sittings. how do you determine how often this is safe to be done? how often should one overeat without worrying about spoiling our weekly average?

6) how do you even determine that weekly average? you seem to stick to 2900 calories for everyone, but wouldn't my daily caloric need change depending on my size and activity level? someone who is 200 lb at 15% bodyfat certainly wouldn't need as many calories as someone 240 lb at 15% bodyfat.

7) just a quick question of consistency. you went on and on about how ice cream and whatever you felt like eating (the adonis principles, basically) got you in shape for the mr getbig. yet a month before the results came out, and far closer to when you first posted your contest pictures, you posted this comment to garraeth:

You should eat 200-250 grams of protein and 150 grams of carbs everyday.
It is going to take you months and months but will be worth it.

I can see you are already setting yourself up for failure by first mentioning what drugs you want to take.

this was undoubtedly near the tail end of your diet for the mr getbig, when you achieved such amazing success with your diet that throws away the concept of macronutrients and focuses solely on caloric intake. so why would you give advice to garraeth advocating high protein and low carbs?

i look forward to your answers, maybe i can start on the principles myself once i get them!  :)

Nuge

• Getbig III
Re: some genuine flame-free questions for adonis
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 06:09:13 PM »
This is the kind of reasonable questioning that made TA go nuts and get himself banned from MD. At least, that's what I've decided to tell people.

You won't get a good answer. Some sort of ADHD thing, combined with LIES.
Repent, or join me!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 06:30:13 PM »
you know, i think the "principles" get a bad rap. we all bash it, but you've never actually outlined them or explained them outside of saying that it's all about calories. so let's clarify a few points, okay? one thing, though: don't copy and paste any google studies, you know we aren't going to read them and we know you didn't read them. moving along.

1) you say you can get all of your nutritional values from a standard diet. what exactly are those values? how many grams of protein, carbs, and fat each does a person need?

1a) as a result, since we're eating "whatever we like", how much wiggle room do we have with these values? how far above or below them can we safely go while eating whatever we want?

2) as a followup: if macronutrients don't matter, why do you need to point out how much protein someone needs anyway? assuming a calorie is a calorie, no protein should be no different than lots of protein.

3) you simultaneously claimed that you can predict how calories would affect a body by the minute, but also say that you go for a weekly average with as much as a 700 calorie variance between days. wouldn't it be far smarter to find your optimum caloric level and stick to it every single day?

4) you previously mocked me for suggesting that one could fast for days at a time and then eat a single meal of 10,000 calories and still maintain that aforementioned "weekly average". ignoring that i was being facetious, how do you determine the upper and lower limits? in other words, how far above or below the target caloric level can one safely go? if i need 2500 calories, is 2000 one day then 3000 the next safe? how about 1500 then 3500? 1000 then 4000?

4a) as an extension of the above, wouldn't this caloric variation change how your body is changing day to day? refer back to question 3.

5) you've often bragged about the giant meals you eat and the massive amounts of calories you take in in single sittings. how do you determine how often this is safe to be done? how often should one overeat without worrying about spoiling our weekly average?

6) how do you even determine that weekly average? you seem to stick to 2900 calories for everyone, but wouldn't my daily caloric need change depending on my size and activity level? someone who is 200 lb at 15% bodyfat certainly wouldn't need as many calories as someone 240 lb at 15% bodyfat.

7) just a quick question of consistency. you went on and on about how ice cream and whatever you felt like eating (the adonis principles, basically) got you in shape for the mr getbig. yet a month before the results came out, and far closer to when you first posted your contest pictures, you posted this comment to garraeth:

this was undoubtedly near the tail end of your diet for the mr getbig, when you achieved such amazing success with your diet that throws away the concept of macronutrients and focuses solely on caloric intake. so why would you give advice to garraeth advocating high protein and low carbs?

i look forward to your answers, maybe i can start on the principles myself once i get them!  :)

First before I answer any question....Yes I did read EVERY SINGLE STUDY and I am glad you just admitted that you did not.  Shows the great ignorance you posess in the face of Science.  You are doing yourself a huge injustice by not carefully reading facts and Scientific studies, instead, choosing myths and lies with no evidence.

With that said, I will answer.

1. RDA and DRI values set by the United States Government from independent research and from: Alliance for Aging Research
American Association of Diabetes Educators
American Council on Science and Health
American Institute for Cancer Research
American Obesity Association
Harvard Medical School
MedStar Research Institute
National Consumers League
National Women's Health Resource Center
Nutritional Sciences Program at the University of Washington
Pennington Biomedical Research Center
Shape Up America!
Society for Women's Health Research
University of California at Davis Department of Nutrition
UCLA Center for Human Nutrition
Yale-Griffin Prevention Research Center

1. I set a constant caloric amount for a period of time and look for trends.  Once I establish identifiable trends, I then have an EXACT amount of info to use my equation so that I can PROVIDE an EXACT caloric amount.  The revised caloric amount I give is the amount that you can safely eat without gaining a gram of fat.  This is continually updated as well so you will always have accurate data.

2. Get the RDA,DRI.  I don`t care what you eat to do that. DO NOT OVEREAT caloric amount. Eat whatever you like to get there.  Nothing is off-limits.

3. That depends on your goals.  My goal is to mantain low bodyfat constantly and not for a specific day.  Others may differ.

4. The number of calories is solely based on each individuals data.  What you choose to do with the data is up to you.  A weekly average yields great results if there is not too much variance.  Too much variance would be not meeting the RDA, DRI for a day.  While unlikely to happen, it could, given your faceitious idea of fasting for multiple days.

5. Again, it is up to each individuals data.  Sometimes I eat a 1000 calorie meal.  If I am eating 2500, I will break the 1500 up the rest of the day or eat whatever it takes to get to my target of 2500. Now, if I find myself eating lots of those meals, a weekly average is a safe way to ensure you aren`t overeating.  If your weekly total is 21,000 calories ,or 3000 a day,  you can eat 2000, for lets say 3 days.  Now you have 15,000 calories to "spend".  You have effectively created a surplus to use whenever you`d like.

6. Every person`s number varies as it is based on their needs.  Chaseinator can eat 3253.130 calories and not gain a gram of weight.  This data is obtained over a period of time which totally eliminates error.

7. I wasn`t ready to reveal my methodology.  Garreth would be wise to follow that advice or any advice which will reduce his caloric amount as he is obese and a health risk.  I am on to something big here and it will only get bigger as I have a few projects to work on in the coming months.  I would do everything I can to help you, if you would like it.  

pushinweight

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 06:44:58 PM »
First before I answer any question....Yes I did read EVERY SINGLE STUDY and I am glad you just admitted that you did not.  Shows the great ignorance you posess in the face of Science.  You are doing yourself a huge injustice by not carefully reading facts and Scientific studies, instead, choosing myths and lies with no evidence.

1. RDA and DRI values set by the United States Government from independent research and from: Alliance for Aging Research
Harvard Medical School
Shape Up America!

1. I set a constant caloric amount for a period of time and look for trends.  Once I establish identifiable trends, I then have an EXACT amount of info to use my equation so that I can PROVIDE an EXACT caloric amount.  The revised caloric amount I give is the amount that you can safely eat without gaining a gram of fat.  This is continually updated as well so you will always have accurate data.

2. Get the RDA,DRI.  I don`t care what you eat to do that. DO NOT OVEREAT caloric amount. Eat whatever you like to get there.  Nothing is off-limits.

3. That depends on your goals.  My goal is to mantain low bodyfat constantly and not for a specific day.  Others may differ.

4. The number of calories is solely based on each individuals data.  What you choose to do with the data is up to you.  A weekly average yields great results if there is not too much variance.  Too much variance would be not meeting the RDA, DRI for a day.  While unlikely to happen, it could, given your faceitious idea of fasting for multiple days.

5. Again, it is up to each individuals data.  Sometimes I eat a 1000 calorie meal.  If I am eating 2500, I will break the 1500 up the rest of the day or eat whatever it takes to get to my target of 2500. Now, if I find myself eating lots of those meals, a weekly average is a safe way to ensure you aren`t overeating.  If your weekly total is 21,000 calories ,or 3000 a day,  you can eat 2000, for lets say 3 days.  Now you have 15,000 calories to "spend".  You have effectively created a surplus to use whenever you`d like.

6. Every person`s number varies as it is based on their needs.  Chaseinator can eat 3253.130 calories and not gain a gram of weight.  This data is obtained over a period of time which totally eliminates error.

7. I wasn`t ready to reveal my methodology.  Garreth would be wise to follow that advice or any advice which will reduce his caloric amount as he is obese and a health risk.  I am on to something big here and it will only get bigger as I have a few projects to work on in the coming months.  I would do everything I can to help you, if you would like it.  

YOu're the guy who said he has a degree.  Have we seen that.  You seem to grab allot of stuuf off the internet.  ANYONE can do that.  Also, aren't you the one who said he is 40% bodyfat.  BUt when you see you pics when you were fat you were no where near 40%.  Yuo take bodyfat measurements without any tools or data.  Man you are good. ::)  Have you came up with anything on your own.  SO far you have proven that you can read.  Nothing else.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 06:52:29 PM »

Harvard Medical School
Shape Up America!

Allow me to sum this all up for y'all:

1. Count calories

2. Make sure you're getting adequate nutrients.

3.  If you're trying to gain weight/lose weight...adjust accordingly.

Did I miss anything? :-\ ::)

Not sure this is revolutionary though.  I guess other than being called "sensible eating" you can call it the TA principles. ::)

I support ya! ;)
just not good enough

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 07:43:54 PM »
so hit me with the equation. this seems so revolutionary, but the over-arching question is where you did  your research and how you formulated it. it seems heavily unlikely that someone with zero training and zero education (after all you claimed a degree in physics, not nutrition) would randomly happen upon some revolutionary formula.

i also find it rather fishy that you would be "hiding" your system when giving garraeth advice, that would indicate you purposefully gave him bad advice instead of just not saying anything.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 07:50:40 PM »
A good thread, but wasted questions on an imbecile like Adonis who will just use this to give him hsi fix...attention.

affy

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 07:55:08 PM »
so hit me with the equation. this seems so revolutionary, but the over-arching question is where you did  your research and how you formulated it. it seems heavily unlikely that someone with zero training and zero education (after all you claimed a degree in physics, not nutrition) would randomly happen upon some revolutionary formula.

i also find it rather fishy that you would be "hiding" your system when giving garraeth advice, that would indicate you purposefully gave him bad advice instead of just not saying anything.

without this "revolutionary equation" the Adonis methods are just a ripoff of weightwatchers, and their points system.

Its Adonis's equation that supposedly does the magic of determining through time what your weekly average is.

So without the equation Adonis principles=Weight watchers

end of story 

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 08:09:45 PM »
I know from talking to him he's provided this info to a lot of people off the boards and most cannot follow it cause they are so brainwashed and make it harder then it needs to be.
$

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 08:22:53 PM »
Adam, which school did you obtain your physics degree from?

I don't expect an answer...you know why
Here comes the money shot