Author Topic: Herschel Walker: One meal a day?  (Read 30690 times)

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
Herschel Walker: One meal a day?
« on: January 15, 2010, 09:02:10 AM »
Anyone hear Herschel Walker on Howard Stern on Wednesday?

The guy claims to eat one meal a day (soup, salad and bread) at night, and he only drinks water. Sleeps about 4 hours a night.

I haven't seen any recent pics of the guy, but he's all into MMA and has a fight coming up.

He says he's clean, no roids.

All just genetics with such little calories and sleep?

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Herschel Walker: One meal a day?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 09:03:11 AM »
plus twizzlers

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 09:03:47 AM »

The guy claims to eat one meal a day (soup, salad and bread) at night, and he only drinks water. Sleeps about 4 hours a night.

I haven't seen any recent pics of the guy, but he's all into MMA and has a fight coming up.

It's called "Black Guy Genetics" for a reason

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 09:12:27 AM »
I would say genetics had a lot to do with it. Through college the guy would get up and the first thing he would do is 1000 pushups and 1000 situps. The guy is a beast
Watching The Haters

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 09:13:08 AM »
Are you people gullible enough to believe this?

FREDO

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 09:14:51 AM »
the over feeding of all the so called bodybuilders on here is why 90% of u guys look like shit.......eat natural unprocessed food, cut down on ur calories and protein and do 15-20 mins of intense bodyweight training a day and in 3-6 months you'll be healthier , in better shape and look better than u do rt now

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 09:16:09 AM »
im pretty sure hes at least 200lb so i have to call bullshit.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 09:27:46 AM »

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 09:30:07 AM »
the over feeding of all the so called bodybuilders on here is why 90% of u guys look like shit.......eat natural unprocessed food, cut down on ur calories and protein and do 15-20 mins of intense bodyweight training a day and in 3-6 months you'll be healthier , in better shape and look better than u do rt now
Post of the year.

Who likes a bloated mess

RS

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 09:52:45 AM »
Word!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 09:53:27 AM »
I'm sure one of his personalities truly thinks that he eats 200 kcal a day and does nothing but pushups and situps.

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 09:57:16 AM »

you say this after I've trained 10 years based on the weider principles and drank hundreds of jugs of protein?!

FREDO

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 10:05:17 AM »
you say this after I've trained 10 years based on the weider principles and drank hundreds of jugs of protein?!
never to late to learn and change fr the better

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 10:31:08 AM »

Herschel Walker isn't joking about MMA‎
http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/index?id=4826415

Don't doubt Herschel Walker.

He had a speech problem. He was afraid of the dark. He had multiple personality disorder. He didn't know whom to trust. He got angry for no reason. He was a perfectionist.

And all this happened even before he went to the University of Georgia and became probably the greatest running back in college football history.

"I never listen to naysayers," said Walker, who is 6-foot-1 and 217 pounds, three pounds lighter than when he played for the Bulldogs. "All the things I grew up with made me the man I am today. I learned a lot by my failures."

And that man today is 47 years old and ready to step into the Mixed Martial Arts arena for the first time Jan. 30 to fight Greg Nagy in Strikeforce: Miami.

After a great college career and 14 years in pro football, Walker got interested in the violent sport of MMA. He started really training in September and will emphasize punching over grappling against Nagy, who is 1-1.

"I always loved it, and I wanted to be the ultimate gladiator, so that's why I'm getting into the cage," said Walker, who is a sixth-degree black belt in taekwondo. "Look, I might be 47, but I don't look or feel like I'm 47."

Walker still does about 2,500 sit-ups a day. Reduced his pushups from 1,500 to about 750 a day. Still eats one meal a day. Still gets only about five hours of sleep a day.

"I just can't sit still. I have to be doing something all the time," he said. "I've been blessed with this gift of a healthy body. If I don't use it, God might take it away."

Again, don't doubt Herschel Walker.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 10:33:56 AM »
Herschel is soooo full of shit....his bogus claim of never lifting weights in HS, no junk food, etc.... while in the NFL was all hyped up bullshit.  He had numerous teammates with the Cowboys who said he would go out at night and get a bag of McD's food and eat it at training camp.  He is an incredible athlete, so don't know why he wants to lie about this type of stuff...

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 10:37:37 AM »
I would say genetics had a lot to do with it. Through college the guy would get up and the first thing he would do is 1000 pushups and 1000 situps. The guy is a beast

only 1000 situps and pushups a day?

He has to up his game for respect on here!  :D

WingedLion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 12:14:02 PM »
very true

the only thing I would change is weights 1 day on one off no more than 3 times a week

also at least a full day of rest a week at least

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 05:14:15 PM »
Some of you just don't know what you're talking about.  The situps/ pushups/ running has been Herschel Walker's program since his days at Georgia.  Yes, you might say he has some genetics.  Basically the same program for over 30 years.  Why would he need to lie about it?  Is there some shame in lifting weights?  

But hey, Mike O'Hearn squats for sets & reps with 700 lbs, leg presses 1000 lbs for reps, and is perfectly clean.

It's funny what some of you choose to believe............

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 05:16:10 PM »
your stupidity has reached epic proportions
I

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 05:18:47 PM »

I have always heard this about him for years it must be true a fucking genetic freak with multiple personalities for sure

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2010, 05:20:17 PM »
interesting guy for sure but who knows if he tells the whole story

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2010, 05:20:57 PM »
I have always heard this about him for years it must be true a fucking genetic freak with multiple personalities for sure
Perhaps one of his Personalities is unaware that the other one goes to the gym and lifts 4 times a week?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2010, 05:22:29 PM »
Perhaps one of his Personalities is unaware that the other one goes to the gym and lifts 4 times a week?
Nice I didnt think of that 8) Maybe his ass is an Olympic lifter or a Sumo Wrestler depending on the day ;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2010, 05:26:43 PM »
How does Rain Man explain his leg workouts?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2010, 05:28:12 PM »

If it was Black Guy Genetics, then wiggs, flexington, Goodrum etc could do the exact same thing for similar results.

Doesn't work that way.
Q