Author Topic: NPC/IFBB level competitors, WTF?!  (Read 16619 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
NPC/IFBB level competitors, WTF?!
« on: April 12, 2014, 12:50:58 PM »
Title of the video says:

"IFBB / NPC Bodybuilders Pose @ MetroFlex, Phoenix AZ  
IFBB Professional Bodybuilder Martae Ruelas poses, as well as national competitors Charles Curtis and Josh Barnett"

How can that poor structured midget (Martae Ruelas) be an IFBB pro?!
The only explanation I can find is that pro cards are given away too easily :-\

insanity_bb

• Getbig II
Re: NPC/IFBB level competitors, WTF?!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 12:54:03 PM »
All but the Asian guy look like average permabulkers. Not even local competitor level. Maybe they look decent dieted way down, but I doubt it.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 12:59:34 PM »
Google "Martae Ruelas bodybuilder".....kid looks fucking great in contest condition.

Simple Simon

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 01:00:45 PM »

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 01:05:32 PM »
Google "Martae Ruelas bodybuilder".....kid looks fucking great in contest condition.

He's in shape, but is his 'total package of peace' (size, proportions, etc) pro-level?

chimera

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 10:43:50 PM »
lol at basing your opinion of him on a video we shot in the OFF SEASON! I have seen some of the best of the best, Martae deserves to be a 212 Pro

ironaffinity.com/ifbb-pro-martae-ruelas-rise-phoenix/

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 02:12:15 AM »
lol at basing your opinion of him on a video we shot in the OFF SEASON! I have seen some of the best of the best, Martae deserves to be a 212 Pro

ironaffinity.com/ifbb-pro-martae-ruelas-rise-phoenix/

He has the conditioning, but lacks a good pair of arms. His waist seems a bit blocky in certain poses.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 02:14:05 AM »
Looks like little Haji, or starvin' marvin...

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 03:14:34 AM »
Title of the video says:

"IFBB / NPC Bodybuilders Pose @ MetroFlex, Phoenix AZ 
IFBB Professional Bodybuilder Martae Ruelas poses, as well as national competitors Charles Curtis and Josh Barnett"

How can that poor structured midget (Martae Ruelas) be an IFBB pro?!
The only explanation I can find is that pro cards are given away too easily :-\

category winners get pro cards as well, which means you could be an IFBB pro at 150lb but that doesn't mean anything as they would never even place at the worse line up in any pro show due to lack of size.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 03:23:38 AM »
category winners get pro cards as well, which means you could be an IFBB pro at 150lb but that doesn't mean anything as they would never even place at the worse line up in any pro show due to lack of size.

Bingo, and that's the reason why I believe that pro cards are given away too easily, compared with the past.
Stuntmovie started some great threads about this NPC/IFBB policy with the pros & cons.

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 03:31:32 AM »

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2014, 04:29:07 AM »

I'd like to order a bowl of the corn of the thick slant-eyed wench.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 06:27:42 AM »
I'd like to order a bowl of the corn of the thick slant-eyed wench.

Notice how high she has placed her leg in a unnatural position to emit maximal stank upon the brutish thugs

Martae Ruelas

• Getbig II
  • Here I come To Save The Day!!!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2014, 02:56:44 PM »

I actually had to force myself down to the lightweight class to even make it probably losing a bit of muscle. I am now in the offseason with abs weighing 217... Arms have been a lagging part due to two ruptured biceps but we've been working on this area. I plan on taking the time off needed to grow and be a beast! - Martae

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2014, 03:08:50 PM »

I actually had to force myself down to the lightweight class to even make it probably losing a bit of muscle. I am now in the offseason with abs weighing 217... Arms have been a lagging part due to two ruptured biceps but we've been working on this area. I plan on taking the time off needed to grow and be a beast! - Martae

First off, welcome to Getbig Martae.
Fair is fair, for being a lightweight you look excellent, but I believe that only an overall winner deserves a pro card.
Anyway, best of luck!

@Mods: please give this man his blue stars

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2014, 03:14:04 PM »

but....why?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2014, 03:22:57 PM »
but....why?

Passion, simple is that.

Simple Simon

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2014, 03:26:41 PM »

Welcome, superb physique.

Martae Ruelas

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2014, 03:47:38 PM »
First off, welcome to Getbig Martae.
Fair is fair, for being a lightweight you look excellent, but I believe that only an overall winner deserves a pro card.
Anyway, best of luck!

@Mods: please give this man his blue stars

Believe it or not I removed the OFBB title off of my Facebook profile because I can't really call myself a pro unless I step on the pro stage and hold my own against the leagues best. Paying homage to the greats set before us I believe hard work will show the reason why someone is placed where they are if they place well in their debut, much like everything else in this world hard work can only get you so far unless you have the genetics, luck, and circumstances in your favor. As far as why I had to squeeze down to lights I didn't want to be in the middle (weight wise) of the next weight class up. Being a lightweight I got second at the BMR West Coast Classic overall nearly winning the overall which is rare and nearly impossible these days. It may not be the same but Iv'e had a small taste of battling those bigger than me. - Martae

Martae Ruelas

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2014, 03:50:24 PM »
but....why?

Weighing in I didn't want to be in the middle of welters, not that I wouldn't have had a shot but when I squeezed down I was at the very top of the Lightweights and came in the next day at 7 pounds heavier which was nice. It all played out nicely, I can't complain at all. I am grateful.

Simple Simon

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2014, 03:53:28 PM »

Believe it or not I removed the OFBB title off of my Facebook profile because I can't really call myself a pro unless I step on the pro stage and hold my own against the leagues best. Paying homage to the greats set before us I believe hard work will show the reason why someone is placed where they are if they place well in their debut, much like everything else in this world hard work can only get you so far unless you have the genetics, luck, and circumstances in your favor. As far as why I had to squeeze down to lights I didn't want to be in the middle (weight wise) of the next weight class up. Being a lightweight I got second at the BMR West Coast Classic overall nearly winning the overall which is rare and nearly impossible these days. It may not be the same but Iv'e had a small taste of battling those bigger than me. - Martae
If you make a living from bodybuilding you are a pro bodybuilder.
There are guys who don't even look like bodybuilders getting pro cards in the USA.

Martae Ruelas

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2014, 03:56:23 PM »
If you make a living from bodybuilding you are a pro bodybuilder.
There are guys who don't even look like bodybuilders getting pro cards in the USA.

I make a living from training clients, my contract with Octane Labs, Big Back Grips who cuts me a check, and several sponsorships. Now It may not be much for starting out it's a great way to start anything especially in this industry. I plan on being competitive as well as ready for my pro debut next year. Iv'e already gone up to a lean 217. Im excited to see how things play out for me... - Martae

Simple Simon

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2014, 03:57:20 PM »
I make a living from training clients, my contract with Octane Labs, Big Back Grips who cuts me a check, and several sponsorships. Now It may not be much for starting out it's a great way to start anything especially in this industry. I plan on being competitive as well as ready for my pro debut next year. Iv'e already gone up to a lean 217. Im excited to see how things play out for me... - Martae
Good for you mate, will keep an eye on your progress.

Martae Ruelas

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2014, 03:57:38 PM »
And Pain Train 52 who takes care of all my food expenses etc... Not too bad.

Martae Ruelas

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2014, 03:59:28 PM »
Passion, simple is that.

And that is the blood of what we do! ;) - Martae